Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

2008 Rav4 Engine Tune Up - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2008 Rav4 Engine Tune Up (576 Views)

Top Benefits Of Getting A Routine Engine Tune-up – Listed! / Certified Used 2008 Rav4 / Clean Tokunbo 2008 RAV4 LIMITED For Grabs @3.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2008 Rav4 Engine Tune Up by dru23(m): 3:44am On Nov 01, 2020
We just got a 2008 Rav4 for a client.. This is clean title and the miles on it is 162k miles.. Which is not bad for Toyota......

Most cars that are bought from the USA are mostly high mileage... A car is consider high miles if it is over 70k miles. And at that time the car should be due for either major tune or minor tune up .. So our client decided to go for a minor tune up . It consists of the following.....

1. Fuel Injector..... The life span is roughly around 50k miles to 100k miles. Getting one in Nigerian market is daunting task and most mechanic usually use a chemical spray to try and bring it back to life, it is a temporary solution. And the ones sold in Nigeria , is usually either worked on or fake and even not the correct match for your car .. We got my client a rebuilt one and in excellent shape ...

Spark plugs....This are usually good for 50k miles life span. This can also cause your car to misfire and affects fuel economy . They are different grades of spark plugs, and Iridium is the best.. They last longer and are more powerful ...

Serpentine Belt ...life span is roughly 50k miles. Thankfully enough most modern cars use a timing chain. But the serpentine belt also works along with your fan, water ,alternator etc .. Once it breaks or cracks it can cause serious damage to your car. It is better to buy brand new one or equality one.. Tokunbo one is not the best option.. My Elantra car on uber had the belt cut in the middle of the highway.. It was a frightening and dangerous experience......

Engine Air filter .... Read your owner manuals on how often it should be change.. My advice is to always replace it when it is dusty .. Most Nigerian mechanic always dust off the dirt.. A dirty air filter clogs up your engine and causes your engine to work and breath harder to disrupt the right amount of air .....

Coolant/ Antifreeze.... Life span 50k miles . Most Nigeria car owners are very ignorant when it comes to coolant ,most will use water instead .. Coolant helps regulates your engine temperature. It helps prevents overheating and corrosion in your radiator.. So many car owners change radiator and hose because coolant was not used.

Engine oil . Car owners should always follow owners manuals at all times. We recommend Pennzoil to our client. This oil is very fantastic, and any oil with API written on is fine.. But I Advice car owners to buy imported ones from reliable source.. Too many fake ones in the market..

Cabin Air Filter.... It should be check often and change as needed. This is especially if the car is driven in Lagos or a very dusty environment.. Cabin Air filter allows the A/c flow properly in your car.. And we also recommend USA refrigerant .. Fakes ones will damage your A/c compressor .

Brake pads. Life span 30k miles depending on driving behavior. The owner of the Rav4 wanted good quality brake pads. We advice brembo brake pads, brembo brakes are known for quality .. It is expensive, but safety is more valuable. Nigerian car owners tend to use a lot of fake brake pads , to tokunbo to substandard ones. And they are putting their lifes and others at risk ..

Oil Filter.. Depending on your owners manual and type of car . Good quality oil filter prevent your engine from knocking. Filters are usually good bewteen 3k miles to 7kmiles .. quality ones and more expensive ones are good for 15k miles oil change .

Starting from the Month of December will be taking orders for these items mention above . I believe this are the most requested and simple parts that frustrates car owners... And also any tokunbo car owners that are refusing to change the above items on your car. It will be a matter of time before it catches up to up .. So don't be penny wise and pound foolish.. When we are ready to start taking orders, give us a call and place your order ....

2 Likes

Re: 2008 Rav4 Engine Tune Up by kingreign(m): 4:51am On Nov 01, 2020
dru23:
We just got a 2008 Rav4 for a client.. This is clean title and the miles on it is 162k miles.. Which is not bad for Toyota......

Most cars that are bought from the USA are mostly high mileage... A car is consider high miles if it is over 70k miles. And at that time the car should be due for either major tune or minor tune up .. So our client decided to go for a minor tune up . It consists of the following.....

1. Fuel Injector..... The life span is roughly around 50k miles to 100k miles. Getting one in Nigerian market is daunting task and most mechanic usually use a chemical spray to try and bring it back to life, it is a temporary solution. And the ones sold in Nigeria , is usually either worked on or fake and even not the correct match for your car .. We got my client a rebuilt one and in excellent shape ...

Spark plugs.... This are usually good for 50k miles life span. This can also cause your car to misfire and affects fuel economy . They are different grades of spark plugs, and Iridium is the best.. They last longer and are more powerful ...

Serpentine Belt ...life span is roughly 50k miles. Thankfully enough most modern cars use a timing chain. But the serpentine belt also works along with your fan, water ,alternator etc .. Once it breaks or cracks it can cause serious damage to your car. It is better to buy brand new one or equality one.. Tokunbo one is not the best option.. My Elantra car on uber had the belt cut in the middle of the highway.. It was a frightening and dangerous experience......

Engine Air filter .... Read your owner manuals on how often it should be change.. My advice is to always replace it when it is dusty .. Most Nigerian mechanic always dust off the dirt.. A dirty air filter clogs up your engine and causes your engine to work and breath harder to disrupt the right amount of air .....

Coolant/ Antifreeze.... Life span 50k miles . Most Nigeria car owners are very ignorant when it comes to coolant ,most will use water instead .. Coolant helps regulates your engine temperature. It helps prevents overheating and corrosion in your radiator.. So many car owners change radiator and hose because coolant was not used.

Engine oil . Car owners should always follow owners manuals at all times. We recommend Pennzoil to our client. This oil is very fantastic, and any oil with API written on is fine.. But I Advice car owners to buy imported ones from reliable source.. Too many fake ones in the market..

Cabin Air Filter.... It should be check often and change as needed. This is especially if the car is driven in Lagos or a very dusty environment.. Cabin Air filter allows the A/c flow properly in your car.. And we also recommend USA refrigerant .. Fakes ones will damage your A/c compressor .

Brake pads. Life span 30k miles depending on driving behavior. The owner of the Rav4 wanted good quality brake pads. We advice brembo brake pads, brembo brakes are known for quality .. It is expensive, but safety is more valuable. Nigerian car owners tend to use a lot of fake brake pads , to tokunbo to substandard ones. And they are putting their lifes and others at risk ..

Oil Filter.. Depending on your owners manual and type of car . Good quality oil filter prevent your engine from knocking. Filters are usually good bewteen 3k miles to 7kmiles .. quality ones and more expensive ones are good for 15k miles oil change .

Starting from the Month of December will be taking orders for these items mention above . I believe this are the most requested and simple parts that frustrates car owners... And also any tokunbo car owners that are refusing to change the above items on your car. It will be a matter of time before it catches up to up .. So don't be penny wise and pound foolish.. When we are ready to start taking orders, give us a call and place your order ....
I beg to disagree.

Fuel injectors works based on cycles. I know Denso, Delphi, Bosch's rate their Injectors at 1billion cycles.

Spark plugs have come a long way from what it used to be. Copper spark plugs are okay for a few laps on tracks to a few miles on everyday driving. Platinum does from 10-50k miles, iridium spark plugs which most Toyota uses are rated up to 80k miles by Toyota. I know a lot of times, these iridium does up to 120k miles very fine.

OEM coolants usually is rated between 50-150k miles under normal operations.

Note, in all these, I do not state that it's bad to replace these things, but then it's also gonna be a bit of an over kill just like someone in a group which I actively participate in saying he changes his 5W30 fully synthetic MOBIL 1 every 3,500miles or 3momths.

1 Like

Re: 2008 Rav4 Engine Tune Up by dicksonadams(m): 5:15am On Nov 01, 2020
cheesy awesome
Re: 2008 Rav4 Engine Tune Up by dru23(m): 5:48am On Nov 01, 2020
kingreign:

I beg to disagree.

Fuel injectors works based on cycles. I know Denso, Delphi, Bosch's rate their Injectors at 1billion cycles.

Spark plugs have come a long way from what it used to be. Copper spark plugs are okay for a few laps on tracks to a few miles on everyday driving. Platinum does from 10-50k miles, iridium spark plugs which most Toyota uses are rated up to 80k miles by Toyota. I know a lot of times, these iridium does up to 120k miles very fine.

Note, in all these, I do not state that it's bad to replace these things, but then it's also gonna be a bit of an over kill just like someone in a group which I actively participate in saying he changes his 5W30 fully synthetic MOBIL 1 every 3,500miles or 3momths.

Preventive Maintenance is the magic word .. My advice is based on research and some are from experince. We should not wait till things go bad before we change or replace them . Every thing in life has an expiring date , we should not wait till it expires before we change them .. Auto parts do have expiration date on them. Better to change them now than later....

Now the parts I mention spark plugs ,fuel injector, serpentine belt . Are the most common things that car owners have a hard time getting. The ones sold in Nigeria are either fake ,substandard, tokunbo etc . The owner of the rav4 wanted peace of mind.

Once those parts are change the car should not even go near mechanic except for oil change.

Ps. The owner bought the rav4 for his wife. And he wants to avoid mechanic visits at all times . Those items might be expensive now , but in the long run money will be saved....( keep in mind the rav4 is over 160k miles) . We don't have any maintenance record on the car .. And also most tokunbo cars sold in naija have their mileage tampered with..
So it is more than likely that those parts I mentioned will need to be changed ..

1 Like

Re: 2008 Rav4 Engine Tune Up by Andrenalin: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2020
kingreign:

I beg to disagree.

Good morning

I am once a member of club Lexus on Whatsapp.
I misplaced that phone and contact so I have been off the group for close to a year now. Can u please help me with the link to the WhatsApp group. Club Lexus

Thanks
Re: 2008 Rav4 Engine Tune Up by kingreign(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2020
Andrenalin:

Good morning

I am once a member of club Lexus on Whatsapp.
I misplaced that phone and contact so I have been off the group for close to a year now. Can u please help me with the link to the WhatsApp group. Club Lexus

Thanks
Chat me up 07034581213

(1) (Reply)

Sekiel Drives: Used Toyota Sienna 05 LE For 1.250m At Magodo / Toks.red 2013 Ford Edge(keyless) For Sale In PH @ 4.7m Call/watsapp 08067880681 / COROLLA 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.