Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? (4489 Views)

The Yorubas Support Gej (oni Of Ife And Others) / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ikeyman00(m): 11:04am On Mar 12, 2011
now as we all know what is it  grin lipsrsealed i have been following the zeal with which the yoruba has been driving Mazi Buhari mandate all over the place

yes a lot of people igbos inclusive has a lot of goodwill to say about Buhari

not long ago they were like emm eyaooo pele oooo beni oooooo madam oooo this man wey wan inflict shaira nationwide till con man was elected as his frontiler wey the moves changes

now question

will these yoruba support Buhari if his second run-mate is igbo,ijaw etc

beef what do u think

cuz for me the yoruba trait no bi small thing angry
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by macjive01: 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2011
Lol, look enuf of tribal slinging, Yoruba traits?? cowardice ? Betrayal ?

Yorubas trait or no trait has nothing to do with BB support,  the point being GEJ was the nations preferred candidate, but he messed up. He turned himself to Na ODE. Clueless buffoon!

I rather hv two Yorubas, who know their tuff, up there as vice n presido than hv an, even an Igbo that is as quiet, dunce, and clueless as GEJ.

The nation cant afford to keep going in circles .

I gave up my support for GEJ after the massacre in Jos of which he did nothing. Now we dey hear of trunk of bombs.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by AljUche: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2011
macjive01:

Lol, look enuf of tribal slinging, Yoruba traits?? cowardice ? Betrayal ?

Yorubas trait or no trait has nothing to do with BB support,  the point being GEJ was the nations preferred candidate, but he messed up. He turned himself to Na ODE. Clueless buffoon!

I rather hv two Yorubas, who know their tuff, up there as vice n presido than hv an, even an Igbo that is as quiet, dunce, and clueless as GEJ.

The nation cant afford to keep going in circles .

I gave up my support for GEJ after the massacre in Jos of which he did nothing. Now we dey hear of trunk of bombs.

words my brother, words cool

i really do not care if he is igbo, yoruba or hausa, all i want is for the country to progress, that's all

and to me jonathan is not the man
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by Ramnon2: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2011
Of course, remove VP candidates Bakare and Fola from the picture and you see Yaorabu support for their parties crumble like a pack of card. Yarobus are never to be trusted. Awo thought them that
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by AljUche: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2011
Ramnon.2:

Of course, remove VP candidates Bakare and Fola from the picture and you see Yaorabu support for their parties crumble like a pack of card. Y[b]arobus are never to be truste[/b]d. Awo thought them that

and can anyone be trusted undecided
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by macjive01: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2011
Guy stop reasoning that way, even if most Yoruba hv such tendencies their support for BB has nothing tribal about it after all there is a yoruba party candidate in contention. AC.

Look, bb has big baggages ooh but the alternative is not a progressive option. Not an option in fact. And If it had been say Buhari n soludo the support wud hv still been same if not more.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by jason123: 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2011
Yorubas were the main supporters of GEJ when the Northern cabal ganged up against him. The igbos on NL were talking about Zoning and all. Even Ojukwu gave his support to IBB. Yorubas stood behind GEJ through out.
The reason why yorubas stopped supporting him has nothing to do with ethnic affiliation rather it is the tribalism game, lack of compassion, lack of vision and butt licking.

When he came to the SW to campaign, he praised yorubas as the most educated and sophisticated et al but that does not mean yorubas want praises, what they want is development and ZERO tolerance to corruption. Take a look at the people that accompanied him in the SW, AKALA, OGD, Bode etc these are the people that have milked us dry so why should they now support him? Because he is a southerner? NO. Forget the praises, praises cannot feed a hungry child, it cannot help a robbed victim, it cannot help the commuter or anyone. Its all a contrivance. Why do you think they (yorubas) dislike OBJ??
My brother, with the little time I have spent with the yorubas, I can tell you that their politics is not based on how much you say but what you can do! It has nothing to do with ethnicity. Remember, the SW has the highest amount of people that are not from that region, that alone speaks volumes about how they think.
GEJ systematically moved from a humble and caring man to a desperate, clueless and power hungry man. Take a look at what happened in JOS. What about the AKALAs? should they not be prosecuted?? The guy has 100% tolerance for corruption , in fact, he is corruption himself! Take a look at the PDP primaries and the envelopes under the seats of delegates (5000 dollars  shocked sad) .

Although most of you consider ACN as a tribal party, some if not most yorubas will not vote for Ribadu, they prefer Buhari! Why? It is the genuine desire to stamp out corruption regardless of the ethnic affiliation. That is the truth!!!!

We have to stamp out corruption and tribalism before we can move forward as a nation. GEJ will be voted for based on tribalism. GEJ brought Ciroma's wife, Alams and all because he is corrupt! Forget the sentiments like "God chose him". How can God choose a man who is this corrupt? How can God choose a man that welcomed Bode George out of prison? How can God choose a man that brought Alams ( a man who dressed as a woman just to escape UK) to his team HOW  MY BROTHERS? HOW?

A good, corrupt free Nigeria will be good for us all. Forget the North and South dichotomy. This is the time for change not FEE DEE FEEE!!
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by jason123: 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2011
Ramnon.2:

Of course, remove VP candidates Bakare and Fola from the picture and you see Yaorabu support for their parties crumble like a pack of card. Yarobus are never to be trusted. Awo thought them that

You are not making sense! So, who should be trusted? Igbo?? Moreover, of GEJ had chosen a Yoruba vice. I can tell you that they will not still support him. It has nothing to do with ethnicity. BTW, why should a president call the leaders of a region rascals Does it mean the electorate are rascals??
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by AljUche: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2011
jason123:

Yorubas were the main supporters of GEJ when the Northern cabal ganged up against him. The igbos on NL were talking about Zoning and all. Even Ojukwu gave his support to IBB. Yorubas stood behind GEJ through out.
The reason why yorubas stopped supporting him has nothing to do with ethnic affiliation rather it is the tribalism game, lack of compassion, lack of vision and butt licking.

When he came to the SW to campaign, he praised yorubas as the most educated and sophisticated et al but that does not mean yorubas want praises, what they want is development and ZERO tolerance to corruption. Take a look at the people that accompanied him in the SW, AKALA, OGD, Bode etc these are the people that have milked us dry so why should they now support him? Because he is a southerner? NO. Forget the praises, praises cannot feed a hungry child, it cannot help a robbed victim, it cannot help the commuter or anyone. Its all a contrivance. Why do you think they (yorubas) dislike OBJ??
My brother, with the little time I have spent with the yorubas, I can tell you that their politics is not based on how much you say but what you can do! It has nothing to do with ethnicity. Remember, the SW has the highest amount of people that are not from that region, that alone speaks volumes about how they think.
GEJ systematically moved from a humble and caring man to a desperate, clueless and power hungry man. Take a look at what happened in JOS. What about the AKALAs? should they not be prosecuted?? The guy has 100% tolerance for corruption , in fact, he is corruption himself! Take a look at the PDP primaries and the envelopes under the seats of delegates (5000 dollars  shocked sad) .

Although most of you consider ACN as a tribal party, some if not most yorubas will not vote for Ribadu, they prefer Buhari! Why? It is the genuine desire to stamp out corruption regardless of the ethnic affiliation. That is the truth!!!!

We have to stamp out corruption and tribalism before we can move forward as a nation. GEJ will be voted for based on tribalism. GEJ brought Ciroma's wife, Alams and all because he is corrupt! Forget the sentiments like "God chose him". How can God choose a man who is this corrupt? How can God choose a man that welcomed Bode George out of prison? How can God choose a man that brought Alams ( a man who dressed as a woman just to escape UK) to his team HOW  MY BROTHERS? HOW?

A good, corrupt free Nigeria will be good for us all. Forget the North and South dichotomy. This is the time for change not FEE DEE FEEE!!

well said cool
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by kildran: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2011
Ramnon.2:

Of course, remove VP candidates Bakare and Fola from the picture and you see [b]Yaorabu[/b] support for their parties crumble like a pack of[b] card[/b]. Yarobus are never to be trusted. Awo thought [/b]them [b][b]that[/b]

I should not credit this poorly written post with a reply. Please next time write properly for the purpose of clarity. Mistakes in this post include the following:

1) U r free 2 call Yorubas wateva u like, bt dnt break the possessive rule, apostrophe (') s.
2) Taught and thought are so different, this was d mistake dt me uncomfortable.
3) This is pardonable, bt please no write like this for any exam (U will get nothing bt a big F.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by kildran: 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2011
To the argument, you all seem to forget that most of us were against the BB candidature at first, because we felt Bakare as a man of God should not have stooped so low to contest for an earthly position (Most of us still hold that position), but then this is politics and a market of ideas is necessary for this or any political system to thrive. A market that the BB candidature along with Ribadu is doing well in. I personally feel that Ribadu should have picked Ngige as a running mate and let the governors in the south west work out a good strategy.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by seanet02: 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2011
Another trip on stupidit.y
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by Kilode1: 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2011
jason123:

Good job Jason!

+1
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by asorocker: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2011
Why use operation totality to lure GEJ to contest only to turn around and abandon him when he has declared on the funny reason that he called AC N leaders rascals

Why use if by ommission or commission to lure Ojukwu to seccede and turn around to abandon him when he has declared on the funny reason that he invaded ore on route to lagos

The same pattern the same game but different players . I am hoping the niger deltans will learn from this and that their oil will not turn to abandoned oil wells.

The complexity of Nigerias food chain is getting more complex each day , the hausa/fulani's crocodile attitude has enabled them to remain on top of the food chain, while the yorubas with a vulture / hyena attitude has pulled along the north scavenging any thing the predator leaves behind for them.

Can the igbos and the nigerdeltan continue with their cheetah mentality of working extra hard for their prey and living to hunt forr another day or do they need to change their food chain attitude and move up the food chain.

Let him who has eyes see.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by AljUche: 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2011
asorocker:

Why use operation totality to lure GEJ to contest only to turn around and abandon him when he has declared on the funny reason that he called AC N leaders rascals

Why use if by ommission or commission to lure Ojukwu to seccede and turn around to abandon him when he has declared on the funny reason that he invaded ore on route to lagos

The same pattern the same game but different players . I am hoping the niger deltans will learn from this and that their oil will not turn to abandoned oil wells.

The complexity of Nigerias food chain is getting more complex each day , the hausa/fulani's crocodile attitude has enabled them to remain on top of the food chain, while the yorubas with a vulture / hyena attitude has pulled along the north scavenging any thing the predator leaves behind for them.

Can the igbos and the nigerdeltan continue with their cheetah mentality of working extra hard for their prey and living to hunt forr another day or do they need to change their food chain attitude and move up the food chain.

bluh bluh

bros did you read this at all

jason123:

Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ekubear1: 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2011
What interest would there be in Buhari or Ribadu ticket w/o Yoruba VP?

W/o this choice, voters would be fairly divided between GEJ and non-GEJ.

This is the way of the world. . . nobody votes for tickets that don't offer them anything.

Buhari/Igbo VP. . . why would that be more compelling than GEJ/Sambo?

It seems you too have observed the handwriting on the wall, though tongue
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2011
All these ibo people sef ? What does poster mean by yoruba trait ?
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2011
~Bluetooth:

All these ibo people sef ? What does poster mean by yoruba trait ?

He simply assumed that since the Igbos have a trait for kidnapping, it must simply mean that the Yorubas have traits that makes them vote for only Yoruba candidate.

This is my guess,
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by TeeJay6(m): 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

He simply assumed that since the Igbos have a trait for kidnapping, it must simply mean that the Yorubas have traits that makes them vote for only Yoruba candidate.

This is my guess,
apologies for digressing, but my o my, your thigh is hotter than the GEJ/Buhari debate on NL shocked shocked shocked chei
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by jason123: 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2011
asorocker:

You are a slowpoke at best!
Why? did you know of the conversation that went on between AWOLOWO and the pride-filled Ojukwu It was because of this conversation, Awolowo said what he said. Awolowo told Ojukwu to present the eastern delegates before the parliament and he (awo) would be the first to support them. That was why awolowo said that. Ojukwu was the one that dismissed it and said, " I am not talking from a position of under-dog here but power. I have the biggest army in black africa.". So was it a sin for yorubas to support their neighbours?? BTW, why did Ojukwu invade Ore Why did he bomb Lagos? Why did he kill Banjo?
Moro.n!!!! If yorubas are dishonest and cowards, why did Fajuyi die with Ironsi? Why did Gani stand against armoured tanks? Why did Wole soyenkan support Biafra Why are you all in the SW If you hate the yorubas so much, why don't you all go back to your villages, abi?? Have you all forgotten your fathers villages?

About the operation totality,

Now,about the northerners,

You really do not know your history or you simply lack common sense!
Did they not want to go?? They never wanted this UNION neither did Awolowo. Awolowo told Azikwe to let the northerners go. The northerners told Azikwe they wanted to go. What did the Zik of Africa do?? He convinced them to stay and when the british came to ask about the union. Bello and Azikwe voted for it, Awolowo voted against it. Hence Tafawa balewa became the Prime minister and Azikwe became the president.

The north was satisfied with their groundnut and cotton. They NEVER wanted the south but the south forced them. Now they are enjoying and it is not working well for you, you all now want to paint them bad? Your hypocrisy stinks to the highest heavens.

It was this same zoning that was meant to produce the our igbo president before it was truncated and Ohaneze supported it. Now, some of you are now shouting 2015 LOL. You better sit your a55es down and think well because 2015 is free for all and be expecting a NORTHERNER to rule you all. Shebi, politics and "democracy" is a game of numbers?? Let the winner take it all and we all know who the winner is , don't we??

Even the federalism, who removed it Was it Awolowo or Bello You know the answer to that, don't you?? Why is it that when things do not work in your favour, you all start to point fingers at your neighbours

Abeg, take some time out and do some soul searching. It helps!!!!!
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ekubear1: 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2011
They are pre-emptively looking for an excuse if/when GEJ has difficulty at the polls.

The current plan is "Yoruba people are tribalist because they voted for candidates with Yoruba VPs instead of GEJ."

Just in case it wasn't clear  grin

As always, some seek to blame their failure @ life on 3rd parties rather than taking destiny into their own hands.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ikeyman00(m): 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@@

hmmmmm of all ^^^^^

im not impressed!! angry

but then putting it straight to the yorubos cool
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by jason123: 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2011
eku_bear:

They are pre-emptively looking for an excuse if/when GEJ has difficulty at the polls.

The current plan is "Yoruba people are tribalist because they voted for candidates with Yoruba VPs instead of GEJ."

Just in case it wasn't clear  grin

As always, some seek to blame their failure @ life on 3rd parties rather than taking destiny into their own hands.

Well said! That is why I respect the Ijaws. You do not see them blaming anybody, instead, they play their game right and look . . . . . ! They have one of theirs as the PRESIDENT of this Geographical expression called Nigeria. If GEJ wins, fair game. If not, fair game. But some people should stop blaming their neighbours for everything. Its a sign of weakness.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ekubear1: 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2011
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@@@

hmmmmm of all ^^^^^

im not impressed!! angry

but then putting it straight to the yorubos cool

*Shrug*

Honestly, you don't have to be impressed. Nobody is trying to please or impress Eboes. Absolutely at the bottom of the priority list, at least for me personally. I don't give a damn whether you like it or not. If anything. . . that you dislike this course of action makes me happier that we seem to be choosing it.

Whatever makes Eboes unhappy makes my heart glad.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2011
LOL Cant believe anybody is taking ikeyman serious grin The boy sweats to string together one sensible English sentence.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ikeyman00(m): 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by TeeJay6(m): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2011
ikeyman00:

^^^^^^^^beniiiiiiiiiii ooo pele ooooooooo

oya move your ulgy legs
hey take care o, dat leg is HOT, wink
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 12, 2011
Tee_Jay:

hey take care o, dat leg is HOT, wink
LOL o se ma dear grin

I guess its ugly because its not think like the apku hairy, muscled legs he's used to shocked
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ekubear1: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2011
jason123:

Well said! That is why I respect the Ijaws. You do not see them blaming anybody, instead, they play their game right and look . . . . . ! They have one of theirs as the PRESIDENT of this Geographical expression called Nigeria. If GEJ wins, fair game. If not, fair game. But some people should stop blaming their neighbours for everything. Its a sign of weakness.

Honestly, if GEJ doesn't win this game, he is a dumbass. Everything is stacked in his favor. Jega is a guy he chose. Essentially, GEJ gets to set the rules of the game. What type of fool loses a game he set the rules for?  grin  tongue

Yoruba are fairly divided. . . there is no clearcut frontrunner. So he still has time to make some inroads. But he needs to roll up his sleeves and get to work. Time is passing him by.

A lazy, incompetent man (e.g., ikeman00 and those who think as he does) sits and complains about how fate and destiny have conspired against him, a more vigorous man works hard to accomplish his political goals. Up to GEJ which one he wants to be.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ikeyman00(m): 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2011
eku
Shrug*

Honestly, you don't have to be impressed. Nobody is trying to please or impress Eboes. Absolutely at the bottom of the priority list, at least for me personally. I don't give a damn whether you like it or not. If anything. . . that you dislike this course of action makes me happier that we seem to be choosing it.

Whatever makes Eboes unhappy makes my heart glad.

damn u lost me for real!!

i think u are clearly contradicting ur opinions as u ve stated above

so sir what u smoking ehh
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by step1: 7:23pm On Mar 12, 2011
ikeyman00:

^^^^^^^^beniiiiiiiiiii ooo pele ooooooooo

oya move your ulgy legs

From your post, I can deduce that you know nothing about south west politics. Yorubas especially my people the Aworis love igbos very much. If it was even an igbo VP that was presented, people will still vote for Buhari.

Please I am saying this to you and your brothers not to ethnocentric in your views, it does us no good. What affects an average igbo man affects an average yoruba man as well. How come you igbos on nairaland don't see this things that are as clear as day.
Re: Will Yorubas support Buhari/Ribadu without Bakare/Adeola? by ikeyman00(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2011
^^^^^

i agree with u but still on the look out cool

qne naija!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

P H C N Sold To 18 Companies. Good Or Bad Idea? / Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola / Police To Get Extra 1% From Federation Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.