Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Please I Would Need An Answer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please I Would Need An Answer (469 Views)

When I Get To My 40s, What Are Some Things I Would Regret Doing In My 20s? / What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! / Intelligent People Of Nairaland I Need An Answer To This Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Would Need An Answer by poetictwenty(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2020
Master degree in Telecommunications

I am a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering who Majored in Power systems and Electrical machine option at B.Eng stage.
I want to know if it will be possible to switch to telecommunications option for M.eng.
N/B my transcript will reveal the fact that I majored in Power systems and Electrical machine.
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by NDSMELODY(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2020
poetictwenty:
Master degree in Telecommunications

I am a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering who Majored in Power systems and Electrical machine option at B.Eng stage.
I want to know if it will be possible to switch to telecommunications option for M.eng.
N/B my transcript will review the fact that I majored in Power systems and Electrical machine.
i think it is possible,one of my department prof once told his student which i was included that if someone specialized in power option at his or her undergraduate studies can divert to telecom option at master level.he even told us about a lady with this similar issue that did her master at UI,so it is very possible. I am also an electrical engineer(unergraduate) with just a semester before convid 19 step in...but why do you want to divert from power?

1 Like

Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by poetictwenty(m): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2020
NDSMELODY:
i think it is possible,one of my department prof once told his student which i was included that if someone specialized in power option at his or her undergraduate studies can divert to telecom option at master level.he even told us about a lady with this similar issue that did her master at UI,so it is very possible. I am also an electrical engineer(unergraduate) with just a semester before convid 19 step in...but why do you want to divert from power?

I will always be a power system Engineer. But, I am beginning to find telecommunications interesting.Reason is not far from the fact that I am currently undergoing a one year SPDC/PETAN graduate internship program in a telecommunications and Marine company.
So, each day, as my knowledge of telecommunications improves, I can't help but start falling in love with it.
thankyou for your response. I appreciate.
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by NDSMELODY(m): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2020
poetictwenty:

I will always be a power system Engineer. But, I am beginning to find telecommunications interesting.Reason is not far from the fact that I am currently undergoing a one year SPDC/PETAN graduate internship program in a telecommunications and Marine company.
So, each day, as my knowledge of telecommunications improves, I can't help but start falling in love with it.
thankyou for your response. I appreciate.
can you brief me some of things you are doing/learning in telecom field at your place of internship.
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by poetictwenty(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2020
NDSMELODY:
can you brief me some of things you are doing/learning in telecom field at your place of internship.

Radio talkback system (Walkie talkie)
microwave transmission /communication
fibre optics communication.
voice processing system and PABX.
TVRO ,VSAT and other satellite solution.

though for now, I have only been in the field with them for Radio talkback systems job and PABX .
while I have been given a crash course on the other ones. Hopefully, I might be taken to the field if the company has such installation.
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by NDSMELODY(m): 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
poetictwenty:

Radio talkback system (Walkie talkie)
microwave transmission /communication
fibre optics communication.
voice processing system and PABX.
TVRO ,VSAT and other satellite solution.

though for now, I have only been in the field with them for Radio talkback systems job and PABX .
while I have been given a crash course on the other ones. Hopefully, I might be taken to the field if the company has such installation.
thanks,i think you might be taught microwave waveguide where they will use rectangular waveguide as a medium of electromagnetic wave tranmission in space....this aside, how did you get to the internship programe because i will like to partake in it after i have grauduated and complete my nysc
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by poetictwenty(m): 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
NDSMELODY:
thanks,i think you might be taught microwave waveguide where they will use rectangular waveguide as a medium of electromagnetic wave tranmission in space....this aside, how did you get to the internship programe because i will like to partake in it after i have grauduated and complete my nysc

There's a thread on that on Nairaland....it comes up every year. mine is the 6th batch , which started on September,2020 and should run till August 2021.

https://www.nairaland.com/4943023/shell-graduate-internship-online-test
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by NDSMELODY(m): 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
poetictwenty:

There's a thread on that on Nairaland....it comes up every year. mine is the 6th batch , which started on September,2020 and should run till August 2021.

https://www.nairaland.com/4943023/shell-graduate-internship-online-test
thank boss,does it require money during and after the process?
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by poetictwenty(m): 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
NDSMELODY:
thank boss,does it require money during and after the process?

free registration...but if you're successfully scale through the whole process ( online exam and most recently, virtual interview) , you will be paid 120k thousand monthly by SPDC (shell) during the internship .
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by NDSMELODY(m): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
poetictwenty:

free registration...but if you're successfully scale through the whole process ( online exam and most recently, virtual interview) , you will be paid 120k thousand monthly by SPDC (shell) during the internship .
what are the credentials needed during registration
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by poetictwenty(m): 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
NDSMELODY:
what are the credentials needed during registration

Second class upper and above,...must have completed NYSc ,...and not more than 4years after graduation
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by NDSMELODY(m): 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
poetictwenty:

Second class upper and above,...must have completed NYSc ,...and not more than 4years after graduation
ok thanks,is it a yearly base programe?
Re: Please I Would Need An Answer by poetictwenty(m): 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
NDSMELODY:
ok thanks,is it a yearly base programe?

Absolutely!

(1) (Reply)

ASUU De-marketing FUNAAB, VC Laments / Time To Modify NYSC Is Now – Says Former NANS Chairman / JAMB Releases Results For 2021 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.