Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

What Is God's Kingdom? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God's Kingdom? (809 Views)

Do Homosexuals Have A Place In God's Kingdom? / Things That God's Kingdom Will End In This World / Seek God's Kingdom And He Will Solve Your Problems - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 11:16am On Nov 01, 2020
Many today tired of the present situation of things in the world have been clamoring for change. But if we are looking for a perfect condition here on earth, do we expect it in the hands of imperfect humans who can't even direct their own steps?

Human governments have been failing for centuries, it's time to look up to God for that change we all are yearning for.

God has promised a better world a long time ago and his son Jesus Christ even taught us to pray for that kingdom that will usher in the new worlds to come.
Remember the lords prayer.. ".... Thy kingdom come, thy will be done here on earth as it has in heaven....
Yes, God's will for the heaven is to make it clean and that was accomplished when Satan and his demons were sent out of the heaven.
God's will for the earth is also to destroy Satan, his demons and all those who have unrepentantly allowed themselves to be influence by Satan the devil.

I have a link to a magazine that tells you all you need to know about God's Kingdom.

Thanks for your time.

Ps: check the attached images.

2 Likes

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Muyiwaipere(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2020
Jw sighted wink

2 Likes

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2020
Muyiwaipere:
Jw sighted wink

OH! Of course. We are all out there doing our best even when we can't go about because of the pandemic. Hope you were able to pick one or two things from this?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
Maximus85:
Many today tired of the present situation of things in the world have been clamoring for change. But if we are looking for a perfect condition here on earth, do we expect it in the hands of imperfect humans who can't even direct their own steps?

But why is your organization investing in this present corrupt world government?

Human governments have been failing for centuries, it's time to look up to God for that change we all are yearning for.

because human itself is falling day by day

God has promised a better world a long time ago and his son Jesus Christ even taught us to pray for that kingdom that will usher in the new worlds to come.
Remember the lords prayer.. ".... Thy kingdom come, thy will be done here on earth as it has in heaven....

But from this prayer, it has been established that the WILL OF GOD in heaven has taken place.

Yes, God's will for the heaven is to make it clean and that was accomplished when Satan and his demons were sent out of the heaven.

Why is it that it's in 1914 this happened when from the Lord's prayer, the WILL OF GOD has already taken place?

God's will for the earth is also to destroy Satan, his demons and all those who have unrepentantly allowed themselves to be influence by Satan the devil.

If you truly follow that Lord's prayer, you'll see that Jesus isn't talking about the future event but present one because from the Lord's prayer we read "forgive us our trespass as we forgive those who trespasses against us"

Could this be the reason why your organization claimed somewhere that “God’s kingdom is here with you.” (Italics ours; Contemporary English Version ) “The Kingdom of God is among you.” ( New World Translation, footnote) The Kingdom of heaven was “with” or “among” the Pharisees, in that Jesus, the one designated by God to rule as King, was standing before them.​— Luke 1:​32, 33

I have a link to a magazine that tells you all you need to know about God's Kingdom.

Is the magazine above the Bible?

Does it make more sense to direct people to Bible than magazines?

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Muyiwaipere(m): 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
Maximus85:

OH! Of course. We are all out there doing our best even when we can't go about because of the pandemic. Hope you were able to pick one or two things from this?

Bros 10 years of bapstism and still counting

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
Emusan:

But why is your organization investing in this present corrupt world government?

because human itself is falling day by day

But from this prayer, it has been established that the WILL OF GOD in heaven has taken place.

Why is it that it's in 1914 this happened when from the Lord's prayer, the WILL OF GOD has already taken place?

If you truly follow that Lord's prayer, you'll see that Jesus isn't talking about the future event but present one because from the Lord's prayer we read "forgive us our trespass as we forgive those who trespasses against us"

Could this be the reason why your organization claimed somewhere that “God’s kingdom is here with you.” (Italics ours; Contemporary English Version ) “The Kingdom of God is among you.” ( New World Translation, footnote) The Kingdom of heaven was “with” or “among” the Pharisees, in that Jesus, the one designated by God to rule as King, was standing before them.​— Luke 1:​32, 33

Is the magazine above the Bible?

Does it make more sense to direct people to Bible than magazines?

I will on respond to the last thing you said.
No book or magazine is above the Bible. I hope you understand. The Bible is the word of God. The magazines and books of Jehovah's Witnesses are extracts from the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
Maximus85:

I will on respond to the last thing you said.
No book or magazine is above the Bible. I hope you understand. The Bible is the word of God. The magazines and books of Jehovah's Witnesses are extracts from the Bible.

And my unanswered question still remains, why can't you direct people to Bible which is the Word of God than magazines and books which are extracted by men from the Bible?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 12:00am On Nov 02, 2020
Emusan:

And my unanswered question still remains, why can't you direct people to Bible which is the Word of God than magazines and books which are extracted by men from the Bible?

OK, if you check the magazines. You will be directed to the Bible. At least the magazine will have a topic.... And in the articles, readers are always directed to the Bible. Sir, go and check.... No religious group produces the Bible more than Jehovah's Witnesses and do you want to talk about the number of languages that we print the Bible in?

2 Likes

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Janosky: 2:28am On Nov 02, 2020
Emusan:

The Billboard sign @ JW Headquarters says:
"Read God's word the Bible daily"

Bros, Your claim is FALSE.

Acts 8:26-31

¶“26But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip. The angel said, 'Arise, and go southward along the road that goes from Jerusalem down to Gaza.' This area is deserted. 27But Philip arose and went. And behold, there was a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians. He was responsible for all her treasure. He'd been to Jerusalem to worship. 28Now he was returning; seated in his chariot; reading the prophet Isaiah.” (Acts 8:26-28).

¶“29The Spirit told Philip, 'Go closer, and meet this chariot.' 30Philip ran to the man, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet. Philip said, 'Do you understand what you are reading?' 31The man replied, 'How can I, unless someone explains it to me?' He implored Philip to come up and sit with him.” (Acts 8:29-31).

JWs direct attention to the Bible and we go a step further offer a home Bible study with anyone who is interested.

We study the Bible with individuals,some of whom prefer to use only the Bible without any study material, we gladly accept.

Free of charge and & the convenience of the interested person (s). Matthew 24:14
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2020
Maximus85:
OK, if you check the magazines. You will be directed to the Bible. At least the magazine will have a topic.... And in the articles, readers are always directed to the Bible. Sir, go and check.... No religious group produces the Bible more than Jehovah's Witnesses and do you want to talk about the number of languages that we print the Bible in?

Why YOU didn't direct people to God's word rather than men's word? is still my question.

You admitted Bible is the Word of God, so which is more important God's word or word of men?

@underlined see another self appraised statement, the mentality of being in competition with others when in reality nobody is in competition with their minute group.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 7:31am On Nov 02, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, Your claim is FALSE.

If not because your brain is paining you...

What makes my claim false

I asked the op question NOT WT headquarter.

You've started with your delusion again.

See what lack of simple comprehension is doing to your life.

Acts 8:26-31

¶“26But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip. The angel said, 'Arise, and go southward along the road that goes from Jerusalem down to Gaza.' This area is deserted. 27But Philip arose and went. And behold, there was a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians. He was responsible for all her treasure. He'd been to Jerusalem to worship. 28Now he was returning; seated in his chariot; reading the prophet Isaiah.” (Acts 8:26-28).

¶“29The Spirit told Philip, 'Go closer, and meet this chariot.' 30Philip ran to the man, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet. Philip said, 'Do you understand what you are reading?' 31The man replied, 'How can I, unless someone explains it to me?' He implored Philip to come up and sit with him.” (Acts 8:29-31).

JWs direct attention to the Bible and we go a step further offer a home Bible study with anyone who is interested.

But it was the Spirit who told Phillip what to do here, so why the comparison?

So Nairaland is people's HOME, thought it's a faceless forum

You must be in a wrong place.

We study the Bible with individuals,some of whom prefer to use only the Bible without any study material, we gladly accept.

Free of charge and & the convenience of the interested person (s). Matthew 24:14

My question to OP is, why YOU not direct people to God's word rather than men's word?

Your illiteracy is stinking.

Just see the way you're exposing your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2020
Emusan:

Why YOU didn't direct people to God's word rather than men's word? is still my question.

You admitted Bible is the Word of God, so which is more important God's word or word of men?

@underlined see another self appraised statement, the mentality of being in competition with others when in reality nobody is in competition with their minute group.

God's word the Bible is the only authority to preach. If you want to see us direct you to the Bible. Read the magazine.... It will lead you to hundred of scriptures.

Concerning the Bible production.... It's not about competition. You can't serve God and see yourself competing with others. The race no get first or second. All of us will get to the finish line differently or together. So far we reach the final line.

That we produce more Bible and in hundreds of languages is a FACT. Or do want to object?
Just like saying Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religious group known to take the preaching work as first priority in the whole world, weather you agree with what they preach or not.... It's a FACT. You can't deny it.

Why is the Watchtower and Awake the first and second most distributes magazines in the world. It's a FACT.

No competition.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by DappaD: 12:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Maximus85:

God's word the Bible is the only authority to preach. If you want to see us direct you to the Bible. Read the magazine.... It will lead you to hundred of scriptures.

Concerning the Bible production.... It's not about competition. You can't serve God and see yourself competing with others. The race no get first or second. All of us will get to the finish line differently or together. So far we reach the final line.

That we produce more Bible and in hundreds of languages is a FACT. Or do want to object?
Just like saying Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religious group known to take the preaching work as first priority in the whole world, weather you agree with what they preach or not.... It's a FACT. You can't deny it.

Why is the Watchtower and Awake the first and second most distributes magazines in the world. It's a FACT.

No competition.

Good afternoon brother. It's good and commendable you're giving a sound reply in defense of our faith.(1Peter 3:15)
But concerning this particular guy who commented on this thread, he's only going to drag you into a puddle of unnecessary arguments and as a fellow brother I'm taking the initiative to forewarn you of his persona. wink
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
DappaD:

Good afternoon brother. It's good and commendable you're giving a sound reply in defense of our faith.(1Peter 3:15)
But concerning this particular guy who commented on this thread, he's only going to drag you into a puddle of unnecessary arguments and as a fellow brother I'm taking the initiative to forewarn you of his persona. wink

Thanks. I know him and his type.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Janosky: 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Emusan:

@1
If not because your brain is paining you...

What makes my claim false

I asked the op question NOT WT headquarter.

You've started with your delusion again.

See what lack of simple comprehension is doing to your life.

@2
But it was the Spirit who told Phillip what to do here, so why the comparison?

So Nairaland is people's HOME, thought it's a faceless forum

You must be in a wrong place.

My question to OP is, why YOU not direct people to God's word rather than men's word?

Your illiteracy is stinking.

Just see the way you're exposing your ignorance.
@1
PROOF JWs direct attention to the holy Bible.

If you no like NWT, we use your KJV or any Bible you get.
Bros, Your claim is FALSE
cheesy grin cheesy

@2.
Acts 8:26-31 ,I quoted it to help you understand the broad perspective of the matter and I bolded Acts 8:30-31,Mr LIENUS dey launch childish insults to showcase his immaturity.

Acts 8:30-31
' 30Philip ran to the man, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet. Philip said, 'Do you understand what you are reading?' 31The man replied, 'How can I, unless someone explains it to me?' He implored Philip to come up and sit with him.”
(Acts 8:30-31, the Ethiopian lacked understanding & needed someone to explain the Scriptures to him.

The Point:
Our listeners need help to understand the Bible' like that Ethiopian. It's not enough to own a copy of the Bible.
Accurate knowledge and application of the Scriptures is necessary for salvation, John 17:3)
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2020
Janosky:

@1
PROOF JWs direct attention to the holy Bible.

If you no like NWT, we use your KJV or any Bible you get.
Bros, Your claim is FALSE
cheesy grin cheesy

What was my claim?

@2.
Acts 8:26-31 ,I quoted it to help you understand the broad perspective of the matter and I bolded Acts 8:30-31,Mr LIENUS dey launch childish insults to showcase his immaturity.

Acts 8:30-31
' 30Philip ran to the man, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet. Philip said, 'Do you understand what you are reading?' 31The man replied, 'How can I, unless someone explains it to me?' He implored Philip to come up and sit with him.”
(Acts 8:30-31, the Ethiopian lacked understanding & needed someone to explain the Scriptures to him.

The Point:
Our listeners need help to understand the Bible' like that Ethiopian. It's not enough to own a copy of the Bible.
Accurate knowledge and application of the Scriptures is necessary for salvation, John 17:3)

Mr Janosense!

The Holy spirit told Phillip what to do.

Is it Holy Spirit who told your brother to post on Nairaland?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Janosky: 11:31am On Nov 03, 2020
Emusan:

What was my claim?

Mr Janosense!

The Holy spirit told Phillip what to do.

Is it Holy Spirit who told your brother to post on Nairaland?

Is Mr LIENUS the owner of the holy spirit ?

Does Jehovah take orders from Mr LIENUS before his holy spirit is poured out on His Servants ?

Wetin concern Mr LIENUS with whom God choose to receive his holy spirit?

Continue to display your immaturity & be throwing childish tantrums upandan.

Mr LIENUS no get SENSE, confirmed.

cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by sonmvayina(m): 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2020
What is Gods kingdom?

Answer : peace.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2020
Janosky:

Is Mr LIENUS the owner of the holy spirit ?

Does Jehovah take orders from Mr LIENUS before his holy spirit is poured out on His Servants ?

Wetin concern Mr LIENUS with whom God choose to receive his holy spirit?

Continue to display your immaturity & be throwing childish tantrums upandan.

Mr LIENUS no get SENSE, confirmed.

cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

See the escape route the JaNonsense took.

WHAT WAS MY CLAIM?

Mr No sense!
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Janosky: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
Emusan:

See the escape route the JaNonsense took.

WHAT WAS MY CLAIM?
Emusan:

Why YOU didn't direct people to God's word rather than men's word?

Mr No sense!
"Why you didn't direct people to God's word...." (Accusatory allegation/FALSE claim)
If to say Mr LIENUS get SENSE....... grin

Mr LIENUS in sifia pains

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Blabbermouth: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
Maximus85:

No competition.
I think I like this version of you.
How about you guys just posting messages, teachings and the likes and refraining from being all over the place to argue?
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I think I like this version of you.
How about you guys just posting messages, teachings and the likes and refraining from being all over the place to argue?

When it comes to preaching and teaching we are thoroughly trained. When we see that the conversation is turning to unnecessary arguments, we quietly walk away.
There will always be another day.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2020
Maximus85:

My point still remain: The first direction you should have given is to the WORD OF GOD not word of men.

But even your statement here shows the same tone of competition your organization involved in.

1. Number of Bible publication
2. Magazines MOST distributed.

That is competition I'm talking about.

You produce Bible MORE THAN WHO?

1.Muslims
2. Hindus
3. Atheist

Yet the others that don't take preaching work more than JWs have more members than you.

I know he will say number isn't relevant. Just watch!

So which one is the FIRST MOST DISTRUSTED MAGAZINE?

No competition.

But you just described your organization competitions here.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 7:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Maximus85:
When it comes to preaching and teaching we are thoroughly trained. When we see that the conversation is turning to unnecessary arguments, we quietly walk away.
There will always be another day.

And the bolden is a false as your brothers have proved it wrong many times on this forum.

So stop lying.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 9:20am On Nov 04, 2020
Emusan:

And the bolden is a false as your brothers have proved it wrong many times on this forum.

So stop lying.

How is this a lie sir. I'm stating authoritative FACT. We first need to determine what an argument is. I can't be giving you FACT backed up by the scripture and you call it an argument. If you have no backing to your points then who is the one arguing?

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2020
Emusan:

My point still remain: The first direction you should have given is to the WORD OF GOD not word of men.

But even your statement here shows the same tone of competition your organization involved in.

1. Number of Bible publication
2. Magazines MOST distributed.

That is competition I'm talking about.

You produce Bible MORE THAN WHO?

1.Muslims
2. Hindus
3. Atheist

Yet the others that don't take preaching work more than JWs have more members than you.

I know he will say number isn't relevant. Just watch!

So which one is the FIRST MOST DISTRUSTED MAGAZINE?

But you just described your organization competitions here.

Case closed. Believe whatever makes you sleep well at night. We are not in competition with nobody. Do what God wants from you and be happy. That's the bottom line. Happy is the man who does the will of God. If you know that's what you are doing and you're happy, pls continue.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by DappaD: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2020
Maximus85:

Case closed. Believe whatever makes you sleep well at night. We are not in competition with nobody. Do what God wants from you and be happy. That's the bottom line. Happy is the man who does the will of God. If you know that's what you are doing and you're happy, pls continue.

Happy keh? That one can never be happy oh. His mind torments him whenever he sees JWs doing their thing. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Emusan(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2020
Maximus85:
How is this a lie sir. I'm stating authoritative FACT. We first need to determine what an argument is. I can't be giving you FACT backed up by the scripture and you call it an argument. If you have no backing to your points then who is the one arguing?

So what is an argument?

WHO DETERMINES the FACT you're given based on the scripture?

You know you're lying that's why you brought the issue of bringing out fact from the scripture.

Now, compare your previous statement "When we see that the conversation is turning to unnecessary arguments, we quietly walk away. with this "I can't be giving you FACT backed up by the scripture and you call it an argument."

The truth is, you know you people argue blindly because you're the one who brought up the issue of argument not me.
Re: What Is God's Kingdom? by Maximus85(m): 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
Emusan:

So what is an argument?

WHO DETERMINES the FACT you're given based on the scripture?

You know you're lying that's why you brought the issue of bringing out fact from the scripture.

Now, compare your previous statement "When we see that the conversation is turning to unnecessary arguments, we quietly walk away. with this "I can't be giving you FACT backed up by the scripture and you call it an argument."

The truth is, you know you people argue blindly because you're the one who brought up the issue of argument not me.

I wish I can comprehend. Sorry.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Omotosho Rolls Out Over 90 Prophetic Alerts For 2021 / Jehovah Witnesses Lost In Court. Disfellowshipped Sister Reinstated By Court Ord / Salvation In Christianity 101:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.