Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (3647 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Discussion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2011
When we talk about deception, we are talking about being deceived, and that is why I speak out against the deception of the Roman Catholic Church and their false teachings.

Why do I speak out against the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Mass? As a former Roman Catholic I speak out for the following reasons:

1] The Mass is unbiblical.

2] The Mass is a false doctrine propagated by a false church.

3] Many Evangelical Christian “leaders” have promoted unity with Roman Catholicism (thereby endorsing their false gospel, Galatians 1:8,9).

The Bible warns us about seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)

The Roman Catholic Mass is a doctrine of devils.

The Bible tells us that we, as Christians, should contend for the faith.

” . . . ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” (Jude 1:3)

(A) What Is The Mass? (According To Rome)

Here I will use Roman Catholic teaching from the New Saint Joseph Catechism, that bears the RC Imprimatur, which signifies that the doctrine within the Catechism has been approved by the Roman Catholic Church.

[img]http://soulrefuge.files./2008/12/dsc01301.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]
The New Saint Joseph Baltimore Catechism

Now lets take a look at the Roman Catholic doctrine (teaching) on the Mass

[img]http://soulrefuge.files./2008/12/dsc01305.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]

As you can see, the Mass is referred to as a SACRIFICE, in which CHRIST offers Himself to God, in an UNBLOODY MANNER.

Folks, that is absolute heresy.

The Bible makes it clear that it is the BLOOD that makes an atonement for the soul!

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. (Leviticus 17:11)

(B) The Mass Is The Perfect Sacrifice Continued

Right before Jesus died and gave His last breath He cried out ” . . . IT IS FINISHED . . .” [John 19:30]  The perfect sacrifice has been perfectly FINISHED, and it need not be offered up on a daily basis on the altars of Roman Catholic Churches throughout the world!

(C) Purposes Of The Mass

[img]http://soulrefuge.files./2008/12/dsc01309.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]
Purposes Of The Roman Catholic Mass

If you take a look at the fourth item on the list, you will see that one of the purposes of the Mass is to satisfy the justice of God, for the SINS committed against Him.

Folks, that is more heresy. The Bible tells me that the justice of God was satisfied when Jesus Christ died on the cross, almost two thousand yeras ago. The Bible lets each and every SINNER (myself included) and every other person in the world know that they can be JUSTIFIED by the BLOOD that Jesus shed for them!

The apostle Paul, a former  persecutor and murderer of Christians, wrote the following, and it ended up in the Bible for a reason:

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. (Romans 5:6-10)

The greatest NEWS in the world is that CHRIST died for the UNGODLY, and the motive behind the DEATH of the Son of God was GOD’S PURE UNADULTERATED LOVE TOWARD MANKIND! Any person in the world, no matter what color, race, male, female, rich or poor has the opportunity to receive SALVATION through Jesus Christ, and be JUSTIFIED by His BLOOD, before God. Why? Because every single one of us fits very comfortably into the category of UNGODLY! My Bible tells me that I have been RECONCILED back to God already, through FAITH in Jesus Christ, and I have no need for a Roman Catholic Mass to be offered for me.

(D) Mass Cards

Mass cards can be obtained, for a donation, to have a Catholic Mass offered for a person living or DEAD!

[img]http://soulrefuge.files./2008/12/dsc01317.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]

In the illustration above, you can see that a donation of $5 will allow a person to have one Mass offered for them, and a donation of $45 will allow  nine separate Masses to be offered for the DECEASED (DEAD) person. The purpose of the Mass for the DEAD person is for the repose (rest) of their soul. The Catholic Church teaches about a place called Purgatory, a place where the soul will remain for an undetermined amount of time before they go to Heaven. The Mass card is for their benefit, and it can shorten their time in Purgatory! Folks, there is no such place called Purgatory. I wrote about that in another post here: PURGATORY: THE PLACE THAT DOES NOT EXIST.

In the illustration below, you can see that a person can have seven Masses offered up for them every single day, and they can also share in the “good works” of others.

[img]http://soulrefuge.files./2008/12/dsc01316.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]

The Bible tells us that salvation cannot be earned by “good works” lest any man boast.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

That is why I speak out against the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek (Gentile): for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! (Romans 10:12-15)

http://soulrefuge.org/2009/08/29/the-deception-of-the-roman-catholic-mass-3/
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 12, 2011
@frosbel

why do you keep openinhg multiple threads to discuss the same issue.You have abandoned the last one you opened to open this new one?I am afraid you are suffering from utter delusion
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2011
^^

Sorry my brother, I have been so busy end of this week hence not adding more comments to the other post. But I will do so today.

The new article is not about the same issue. It is about Mass, whereas the previous one was about Mary.

Have a lovely weekend.
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2011
i AM EQUALLY BUSY THIS WEEK SO I WOULD IGNORE YOOUR PUERILE THREAD FOR THE TIME BEING
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by 21052011: 11:27am On Mar 15, 2011
very many catholics will not even read this post
because to them its heresy
I am married to a catholic and I know firsthand how difficult it is to reach them!
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Jenwitemi(m): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2011
Aren't you just as dificult to be reached by them? wink
21-05-2011:

I am married to a catholic and I know firsthand how difficult it is to reach them!

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Broda09: 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2011
Ignorance is in deed bliss.

If I listed you how millions things your so called evangelical churches do that are not biblical will it make you feel better? For you people either something is in the bible or it not. For us catholics, you need to go deeper into the history of the church to understand us. Mostly we don't even bother responding to your accusations.

1. When did Jesus die and when was the bible written?
2. How did the church remain united during these 400 years before the bible was written?

As I said you evangelicals believe in whats biblical and whats not. For us Catholics, we have the TEACHINGS OF THE CHURCH to compliment the bible. These teachings are mainly historical having been developed to keep the church united and growing until the bible was written so next time you tell a Catholic that saying the rosary is not in the bible, they will just laugh and you will think you have won the debate but inside they will be saying forgive them father for the don't know what they are saying.
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2011
OF ALL THE HUMAN TRADITIONS taught and practiced by the Roman Catholic Church, which are contrary to the Bible, the most ancient are the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross.  Both began 300 years after Christ. 310

Wax Candles introduced in church. about 320

Veneration of angels and dead saints. 375

The Mass, as a daily celebration, adopted. 394

The worship of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and the use of the term, "Mother of God", as applied to her, originated in the Council of Ephesus 431

Priests began to dress differently from the laity 500

Extreme Unction 526

The doctrine of Purgatory was first established by Gregory the Great 593

The Latin language, as the language of prayer and worship in churches, was also imposed by Pope Gregory I. 600 years after Christ

The Word of God forbids praying and teaching in an unknown tongue. (1st Corinthians 14:9). 600

The Bible teaches that we pray to God alone. In the primitive church never were prayers directed to Mary, or to dead saints. This practice began in the Roman Church
(Matthew 11:28; Luke 1:46; Acts 10:25-26; 14:14-18) 600

The Papacy is of pagan origin. The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of Rome by the wicked emperor Phocas. This he did to spite Bishop Ciriacus of Constantinople, who had justly excommunicated him for his having caused the assassination of his predecessor emperor Mauritius. Gregory 1, then bishop of Rome, refused the title, but his successor, Boniface III, first assumed title "pope."

Jesus did not appoint Peter to the headship of the apostles and forbade any such notion. (Luke 22:24-26; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18; 1st Corinthians 3:11).

Note: Nor is there any mention in Scripture, nor in history, that Peter ever was in Rome, much less that he was pope there for 25 years; Clement, 3rd bishop of Rome, remarks that "there is no real 1st century evidence that Peter ever was in Rome." 610

The kissing of the Pope's feet

It had been a pagan custom to kiss the feet of emperors. The Word of God forbids such practices. (Read Acts 10:25-26; Revelation 19:10; 22:9). 709

The Temporal power of the Popes
[When Pepin, the usurper of the throne of France, descended into Italy, called by Pope Stephen II, to war against the Italian Lombards, he defeated them and gave the city of Rome and surrounding territory to the pope. Jesus expressly forbade such a thing, and He himself refused worldly kingship. (Read Matthew 4:8-9; 20:25-26; John 18:38). 750

Worship of the cross, images and relics was authorized

This was by order of Dowager Empress Irene of Constantinople, who first caused to pluck the eyes of her own son, Constantine VI, and then called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.

Such practice is called simply IDOLATRY in the Bible, and is severely condemned. (Read Exodus 20:4; 3:17; Deuteronomy 27:15; Psalm 115). 788
Holy Water, mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, was authorized 850
The veneration of St. Joseph began 890

The baptism of bells was instituted by Pope John XIV 965

Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV
Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible. (Read Romans 1:7; 1st Colossians 1:2). 995

Fasting on Fridays and during Lent were imposed

Imposed by popes said to be interested in the commerce of fish. (Bull, or permit to eat meat), some authorities say, began in the year 700. This is against the plain teaching of the Bible. (Read Matthew 15:10; 1st Corinthians 10:25; 1st Timothy 4:1-3). 998

The Mass was developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century.
The Bible teaches that the sacrifice of Christ was offered once and for all, and is not to be repeated, but only commemorated in the Lord's Supper. (Read Hebrews 7:27; 9:26-28; 10:10-14).

The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII

Jesus imposed no such rule, nor did any of the apostles. On the contrary, St. Peter was a married man, and St. Paul says that bishops were to have wife and children. (Read 1st Timothy 3:2,5, and 12; Matthew 8:14-15). 1079

The Rosary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans
[/b]The counting of prayers is a pagan practice and is expressly condemned by Christ. (Matthew 6:5-13). 1090
The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion 1184

[b]The sale of Indulgences, commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in sin.

Christianity, as taught in the Bible, condemns such a traffic and it was the protest against this traffic that brought on the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century. 1190

The dogma of Transubstantiation was decreed by Pope Innocent III, in the year
By this doctrine the priest pretends to perform a daily miracle by changing a wafer into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive in the presence of his people during Mass. The Bible condemns such absurdities; for the Lord's Supper is simply a memorial of the sacrifice of Christ. The spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper. (Read Luke 22:19-20; John 6:35; 1st Corinthians 11:26). 1215

Confession of sin to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III., in the Lateran Council
The Bible commands us to confess our sins direct to God. (Read Psalm 51:1-10; Luke 7:48; 15:21; 1st John 1:8-9). 1215

The adoration of the wafer (Host), was decreed by Pope Honorius
[/b]So the Roman Church worships a God made by human hands. This is plain idolatry and absolutely contrary to the spirit of the Gospel. (Read John 4:24). 1220

[b]The Bible forbidden to laymen and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the Council of Valencia

Jesus commanded that the Scriptures should be read by all. (John 5:39; 1st Timothy 3:15-17). 1229

The Scapular was invented by Simon Stock, and English monk
It is a piece of brown cloth, with the picture of the Virgin and supposed to contain supernatural virtue to protect from all dangers those who wear it on unclothed skin. This is fetishism. 1287

The Roman Church forbade the cup to the laity, by instituting the communion of one kind in the Council of Constance
The Bible commands us to celebrate the Lord's Supper with unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine. (Read Matthew 26:27; 1st Corinthians 11:26-29). 1414

The doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence
There is not one word in the Bible that would teach the purgatory of priests. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sins. (Read 1st John 1:7-9; 2:1-2; John 5:24; Romans 8:1). 1439

The doctrine of 7 Sacraments affirmed
The Bible says that Christ instituted only two ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Read Matthew 28:19-20; 26:26-28). 1439

The Ave Maria, part of the last
[/b]It was completed 50 years afterward and finally approved by Pope Sixtus V, at the end of the 16th century. 1508

[b]The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority with the Bible
[/b]By tradition is meant human teachings. The Pharisees believed the same way, and Jesus bitterly condemned them, for by teaching human tradition, they nullified the commandments of God. (Read Mark 7:7-13; Colossians 2:8; Revelation 22:18). 1545

[b]The apocryphal books were added to the Bible also by the Council of Trent

These books were not recognized as canonical by the Jewish Church. (See Revelation 22:8-9). 1546

[b]The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1560 years after Christ and the apostles
[/b]True Christians retain the Holy Scriptures as their creed. Hence their creed is 1500 years older than the creed of Roman Catholics. (Read Galatians 1:cool. 1560

The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
[/b]The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners. Mary herself had need of a Savior. (Read Romans 3:23; 5:12; Psalm 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47). 1834

[b]In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility
[/b]This is a blasphemy and the sign of the apostasy and of the antichrist predicted by St. Paul. (Read 2nd Thessalonians 2:2-12; Revelation 17:1-9; 13:5-8,18).

Pope Plus X, in the year 1907, condemned together with "Modernism", all the discoveries of modern science which are not approved by the Church

Pius IX had done the same thing in the Syllabus of 1864. 1907
In the year 1930 Pius XI, condemned the Public Schools 1930

[b]In the year 1931 the same pope Pius XI, reaffirmed the doctrine that Mary is "the Mother of God"

This doctrine was first invented by the Council of Ephesus in the year 431. This is a heresy contrary by Mary's own words. (Read Luke 1:46-49; John 2: l-5). 1931
In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary 1950

CONCLUSION

What will be the next invention? The Roman Church says it never changes; yet, it has done nothing else but invent new doctrines which are contrary to the Bible, and has practiced rites and ceremonies taken bodily from paganism. Some scholar has found that 75% of the rites and ceremonies of the Roman Church are of pagan origin.

Note: Cardinal Newman, in his book, “The Development of the Christian Religion,” admits that ,  “Temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, holidays and season of devotions, processions, blessing of fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests and monks and nuns), images ,  are all of pagan origin, ” (Page 359).

HERESIES are those doctrines and practices which are contrary to the Bible. They are also called "human traditions" or "doctrines of men". Both Peter and Paul predicted and warned that in the later times "false teachers" would rise within the Church and bring in "damnable heresies" and "doctrines of devils". (Read 2nd Peter 2:1-3, and 1st Timothy 3:2-5). Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, for they transgressed the commandments of God by keeping their traditions. “in vain,” He said, "they worship me by keeping for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:3,9).

The real heretics therefore, are the Roman Catholics and the true orthodox are the Evangelical Christians.

BRETHREN! The Word of God commands us to get out of Babylon, saying: "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." (Revelation 18:4). All true Christians will remain faithful to the religion of Christ as taught in the Bible, and heed the warning of the Apostle Paul, who said: "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:cool.
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by 21052011: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
The most blatant heresy

read the 2nd commandment of God
Second commandment
"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by 21052011: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
Broda09:

Ignorance is in deed bliss.

[b]If I listed you how millions things your so called evangelical churches do that are not biblical will it make you feel better? For you people either something is in the bible or it not.[/b] For us catholics, you need to go deeper into the history of the church to understand us. Mostly we don't even bother responding to your accusations.

Just for your information
I am not a member of any denomination
I am a bible-believeing christian
I dont go to an evangelical,cele,cherubim and seraphim whatever church
I am simply a CHRISTIAN
Shikena!
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

AMEN ,AMEN to that, we are of one BODY, the church and bride of Christ, where there is neither Catholic nor evangelical , protestant or Orthodox.
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by didoburns(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2011
Frosbel, I really wanted to ignore alot of the things you said because im not to good at arguing but your post on dogmas of the church and the date they originated are utterly wrong you put dates on which they were defined as a doctrine or when the church universal accepted them, both of which are wrong dates of the origin of the doctrines, if you are sincere in your quest for the truth you would find out that all these doctrines and teaching are as old as christianity they were only defined as doctrines or universally accepted dogmas much later, sincerely study history and you wud be surprised what you wud find out. what you just did was post lies and half truths as fact Im sure even if the catholic church was wrong God wont expect you to show that by false proofs
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^^^^

Please lets talk bible.

Show me in God's word , biblical verses that support the stated heresies.

Except of course, you take the Pope's word more seriously than God's word since the Pope is 'infallible'.

If you have no bible verses to support the false theories then do not bother.

Thanks
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by hynex79(m): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
21-05-2011:

Just for your information
I am not a member of any denomination
I am a bible-believeing christian
I dont go to an evangelical,cele,cherubim and seraphim whatever church
I am simply a CHRISTIAN
Shikena!

cool cool cool

@FROSBEL,THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ESPOSITORY POSTS,I AM WITH YOU.MANY OF THEM WILL NOT BELIEVE YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE IN GREAT BONDAGE WHICH WILL TAKE INCESSANT INTERCESSION FOR THEM TO BE FREE.GOD LOVES ALL AND WANTS TO SET THEM FREE FROM RELIGION WHICH TAKES ONE NOWHERE,HENCE THESE POSTS.RIDE ON BROTHER,YOU ARE INDEED A GREAT SOLDIER OF THE LORD
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Omenuko(m): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
When we talk about deception, we are talking about being deceived, and that is why I speak out against the deception of the Roman Catholic Church and their false teachings.

Why do I speak out against the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Mass? As a former Roman Catholic I speak out for the following reasons:

1] The Mass is unbiblical.

2] The Mass is a false doctrine propagated by a false church.

I don’t think it's a question of deception on the part of the Catholic Church, rather I think what’s at issue here is your misunderstanding of Catholic teaching and church history. Please show how the Mass is unbiblical. Please show how the Mass is false doctrine and is from a false church.

3] Many Evangelical Christian “leaders” have promoted unity with Roman Catholicism (thereby endorsing their false gospel, Galatians 1:8,9).

Jesus prays the following, “Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one” (John 17:11). And it is only the anti-christ that wishes disunity among the children of God.

The Bible warns us about seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)

The Roman Catholic Mass is a doctrine of devils.

Please prove this.

(A) What Is The Mass? (According To Rome)

Here I will use Roman Catholic teaching from the New Saint Joseph Catechism, that bears the RC Imprimatur, which signifies that the doctrine within the Catechism has been approved by the Roman Catholic Church.

The New Saint Joseph Baltimore Catechism

Now lets take a look at the Roman Catholic doctrine (teaching) on the Mass

As you can see, the Mass is referred to as a SACRIFICE, in which CHRIST offers Himself to God, in an UNBLOODY MANNER.

The Bible makes it clear that it is the BLOOD that makes an atonement for the soul!

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. (Leviticus 17:11)

(B) The Mass Is The Perfect Sacrifice Continued

Right before Jesus died and gave His last breath He cried out ” . . . IT IS FINISHED . . .” [John 19:30]  The perfect sacrifice has been perfectly FINISHED, and it need not be offered up on a daily basis on the altars of Roman Catholic Churches throughout the world!

(C) Purposes Of The Mass

Catholic Christians believe that there is only one sacrifice, Jesus', but following the command "as often as" to proclaim the death of the Lord, the sacrifice of Christ is made physically present to every Christian in all places in every age. The Eucharist makes the actions of Christ's during the last supper and passion redeeming and truly present to us always and everywhere. The same mass that is celebrated in Catholic Churches is the same and only sacrifice Jesus made for our sins.

(D) Mass Cards

Mass cards can be obtained, for a donation, to have a Catholic Mass offered for a person living or DEAD!

In the illustration above, you can see that a donation of $5 will allow a person to have one Mass offered for them, and a donation of $45 will allow  nine separate Masses to be offered for the DECEASED (DEAD) person. The purpose of the Mass for the DEAD person is for the repose (rest) of their soul. The Catholic Church teaches about a place called Purgatory, a place where the soul will remain for an undetermined amount of time before they go to Heaven. The Mass card is for their benefit, and it can shorten their time in Purgatory! Folks, there is no such place called Purgatory. I wrote about that in another post here: PURGATORY: THE PLACE THAT DOES NOT EXIST.

In the illustration below, you can see that a person can have seven Masses offered up for them every single day, and they can also share in the “good works” of others.

The Bible tells us that salvation cannot be earned by “good works” lest any man boast.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

That is why I speak out against the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.

Purgatory exists: (1 Cor 3:11-15) For no one can lay a foundation other than the one that is there, namely, Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, the work of each will come to light, for the Day will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work. If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage. But if someone's work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire.

The Bible is clear that faith holds a first and prominent role in the salvation of every person, but is is equally clear about the saving role of good works that play in our lives. Heb 10:38, 1 Pet 2:12, Mt 16:27, James 2:14-18
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
How is the mass unbinlical? in the name of the father, is that not in the bible? there is the first reading,second reading, gospel all taking from the bible. The sermon i.e to explain the bible readings, then the liturgy of the eucharist which is doing what Christ asked of us"Do this in remembrance of me". So how is it unbiblical? You call the doctrines of the church false, but you fail to realize that this same catholic church incoporated the Bible that you use as basis of your baseless arguments.then reject the bible so that we would know that you are no longer a christain.
"Now the spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of the devil (1 Timothy 4;1).So who has departed from the truth and giving heed to seducing spirits? Frosbel(poster) can't even interpret the bible. Read your history and how the church broke starting with King Henry VIII of England and his reasons for the break in the church. Try and read your history.
We offer Christ in an unbloody manner because we don't need to crucify him evryday on the altars around the world. Dummy.
You can qoute the part when Christ said "it is finished" but you can't qoute the part when he said "Do this in remembrance of me"So the holy mass is what we do in remembrance of Christ. Nothing is finished untl the last day.
like I said before, before you reject any of the catholic church doctrines,(purgatory) first reject the bible incoporated by the church (catholic)

Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by PastorAIO: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2011
The Eucharistic meal is the most central practice of the church instituted by Jesus Christ. It is the churches that do not practice this that have their christianity on a questionable basis, and there are too many of them.

After baptism, the Eucharist. These are the foundational pillars of christianity's rites.
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by PastorAIO: 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
frosbel:

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matt 26:28

How literally do you want to read Jesus calling wine his blood? If wine is his blood poured out for the forgiveness of sins then how do we want to argue? That me must find real blood? That we must bring christ down from heaven and slaughter him for blood every church meeting?

As often as we drink it? That's a lot of murders.
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by Richieboyn: 4:01am On Oct 10, 2013
Frosbel yur jst a mumu
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by jnrbayano(m): 7:36am On Oct 27, 2013
Richieboyn: Frosbel yur jst a mumu
Dear friend, we pray that our brother Frosbel will have a rethink on the strength of many comments before now correcting his allegations against the Holy Church. Let's pray for him rather than calling him names. Thank you.
Re: The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass by ije777: 3:38am On Nov 23, 2013
Precious people whom God loves so much. I just came across this forum while trying to gain more info on the latest Apostasy and deception going on in the world. You know in the Bible Joshua asked the Angel of the Lord whose side He was on and the reply he got was none but that He the Angel was there to ensure the purpose and will of God.

This discussion is very sensitive particularly to those who find themselves in that System. However, I would tell you all all the truth because
it is the truth that will make you free. As much as one would want to prevent this but sadly what the FROSBEL guy is saying is very TRUE.
I discovered this myself last 2 years or 3 and was deeply SHOCKED. MY QUESTION WAS THERE ARE SO MANY CATHOLICS IN THE WORLD SO HOW CAN THIS BE TRUE HAVING BEEN A CATHOLIC MYSELF. And the catholic church is established with parishes all over the world so they can't be wrong.
My Dad is a knight ,my family is catholic so how can these allegations be true? And my priest then in Enugu would say other churches are breakaways and that catholic church is the one true church. BUT SADLY THE TRUTH IS THE VERY OPPOSITE. I don't know this frosbel guy but what he re-iterated is true he went indepth. I don't have to go through them again unless you all want me to specifically discuss them with you by the Grace of God. Do not be alarmed and scared. No that is not the purpose of this discussion.

Paul made mention of grievious wolves that will come in sheep's clothing to try to destroy the church.

May I tell you all something;
-As at the time Constantine was ruling even before then , the real church - the remnant of the church of the apostles the early believers were meeting underground in hiding because the catholic church was killing them.
-The catholic church is not the true apostolic church rather there were some false brethren who broke away and introduced doctrines which Paul called doctrines of demons -forbiding to marry , no eating of meat e.t.c
These breakaways sadly got worse and kept adding more and more doctrines just as mentioned by the frosbel guy above.( The bible mentions this too).

But all these are intros given what will befall this system;The system is built against the Word of God and on the traditions of men,pagan practises with scriptures mixed together which made it subtle. Read 50 years in church of rome by Charles chiniquy

Guys if you love yourselves COME OUT OF BABYLON JUST LIKE HOW THE BIBLE SAYS- THE BIBLE SAYS THERE IS NO REMEDY FOR HER EXCEPT JUDGEMENT.
This is not a matter of sentiment. Understand that the system is against the WORD OF GOD - -they say the VERY opposite
does that not trouble you?

Finally for now; our Lord Jesus talked about the signs of the last days do you know the first thing He said- DECEPTION.
Please read Revelation for yourselves and get the full picture and be wise about it .it mentioned the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse

THE BIBLE IS THE FINAL WORD , if you read the last 10 sentences of the REVELATION, GOD stated that no one should add or remove from the bible. If anyone is telling you that you cannot get everything you need for this life that Christ gave us from the Bible RUN FAST FOR YOUR LIFE. DON'T NEGOTIATE!

Can I tell you another truth ,If someone had told me all these when I was still a catholic I would have thought these are catholic haters and would have defended the church but God allowed me to discover these myself when i was doing a research on the Bohemian Grove and how the world is preparing grounds for the endtime mark of the beast and one world government when I learnt about this.

But ultimately, the choice is yours , I would encourage you all who are still in that system to go to God in prayer and ask Him for direction.
Be quick to make changes-this may not be easy because from childhood , i was ingrained with those doctrines which are not of God. After I gave my life to Christ I began to understand the seriousness of this deception worldwide. But make no mistake about it false prophets have come as well in the evangelical groups as well, Jones, mormonism and others. However just like paul says use the Word of God as your yardstick.God will always have a remnant so be one of them.

I'll stop for now

(1) (Reply)

Who Created God And Then The.devil?????? / Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy / 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.