Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed (662 Views)

Lai Mohammed: We Will Regulate, Not Shut Down Social Media / #EndSARS: We Must Regulate Social Media Before It Destroys Us – Lai Mohammed / Peter Obi Walked Through Awka And Shut It Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by woloadedCEO: 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has reiterated that the federal government will only regulate social media and not shut it down. 

The Minister said this during a solidarity visit to Vintage Press Limited, the publishers of The Nation newspapers and Sporting Life, following the October 21, 2020 attack on the organization’s corporate headquarters by hoodlums who hijacked the #ENDSARS protests.

In his words ;

“I know some observers may wonder how the minister can describe the attack on The Nation as attack on free press and on democracy, whereas a few days ago, he canvassed for regulation of social media.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Continue Reading

https://woloaded.com.ng/internet-shutdown/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
woloadedCEO:
Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has reiterated that the federal government will only regulate social media and not shut it down. 

The Minister said this during a solidarity visit to Vintage Press Limited, the publishers of The Nation newspapers and Sporting Life, following the October 21, 2020 attack on the organization’s corporate headquarters by hoodlums who hijacked the #ENDSARS protests.

In his words ;

“I know some observers may wonder how the minister can describe the attack on The Nation as attack on free press and on democracy, whereas a few days ago, he canvassed for regulation of social media.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Continue Reading

https://woloaded.com.ng/internet-shutdown/
I don't think alhaji Lie Mohammed has any reasonable children or grandchildren who can talk sense into his brain. He keeps chasing after shadow relentlessly. It's true that old age doesn't equate wisdom.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by victorioushands: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
The youths should come after all lawmakers who participate in any social media bill aimed at gagging the people. They should come after the politicians, their families and properties. This is what needs to be done to check make them. And Lying Muhammad plus Desmond Iscariot should be the test run guineapigs.
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
[s]
DamZik:

I don't think alhaji Lie Mohammed has any reasonable children or grandchildren who can talk sense into his brain. He keeps chasing after shadow relentlessly. It's true that old age doesn't equate wisdom.
[/s]

Shut up.

Social media will be regulated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
victorioushands:
The youths should come after all lawmakers who participate in any social media bill aimed at gagging the people. They should come after the politicians, their families and properties. This is what needs to be done to check make them. And Lying Muhammad plus Desmond Iscariot should be the test run guineapigs.

Do your worst.
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by Pierocash(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
GavelSlam:
[s][/s]

[s]Shut up.

Social media will be regulated.[/s]
one 30k slave

1 Like

Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by ehinmowo: 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Why is this stupid old man behaving list a wizard like this?

Is it social media that is causing extreme poverty in NIgeria? Is it social media that is stealing money in billions? Is it social media that is responsible for nepotism? It is social media that has med youth unemployment to be over 35%?

This is man is really sick.
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
Pierocash:
one 30k slave
grin

Try to make money in this life.
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by vickydankal(f): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sometimes I imagine what will become of us when this present administration are done dealing with us.

Because it seems they came to steal, kill and destroy.

But God pass them
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
ehinmowo:
Why is this stupid old man behaving list a wizard like this?

Is it social media that is causing extreme poverty in NIgeria? Is it social media that is stealing money in billions? Is it social media that is responsible for nepotism? It is social media that has med youth unemployment to be over 35%?

This is man is really sick.

Sharap.

You think the only problem society has is money.
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
vickydankal:
Sometimes I imagine what will become of us when this present administration are done dealing with us.

Sharap.

There must be regulation of social media.
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by vickydankal(f): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
GavelSlam:

Sharap.

There must be regulation of social media.

I understand the second line, but was the first line needful? Or could be deficiency?
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
vickydankal:

I understand the second line, but was the first line needful? Or could be deficiency?

Was important to put you in line.
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by courage9(m): 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
Not again now......
I thought the government ask this man to take a chill pill for a while, why is he still spewing rubbish again......

So social media has now become the reason for corruption, maladministration, misappropriation, nepotism, syphoning of public funds..........

This country and political clowns here and there........
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by vickydankal(f): 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
GavelSlam:

Was important to put you in line.
Then you just confirmed it is mental deficiency if insult is the only way you air your view

1 Like

Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
vickydankal:

Then you just confirmed it is mental deficiency if insult is the only way you air your view

You don't like it?
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by Ahasco(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Wether regulation or shutting down, you still do not have the right under this constitution. My 1cent. I come in peace kapish .
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by blafulfillersck: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2020

Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by Fahdiga(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
y
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by Fahdiga(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
GavelSlam:
[s][/s]
Shut up.
Social media will be regulated.
you can help by doing it yourself
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Fahdiga:
you can help by doing it yourself

Shatap.

It would be regulated.
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by ehinmowo: 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
GavelSlam:

Sharap.

You think the only problem society has is money.

Did I mention money in my post or you just decided to be stupid? What are issues that define society? Justice, human and infrastructural development amongst others.

If not that you are stupid, you have weak institutions who are incapacitated in carrying out their functions. Is NIgeria problem absence of laws or inability to enforce?

Maina stole over 2 billion Naira and the case has no head. Yet you are pursuing Yahoo boys. Creating double standard.

Was Buhari arrested when he made inciting statements that led to the death of 100s of people in 2011? You feel the law should apply to some and not apply to some. In fact you and the old fool are mad. Stupid mofo!

1 Like

Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2020
ehinmowo:

Did I mention money in my post or you just decided to be stupid? What are issues that define society? Justice, human and infrastructural development amongst others.

If not that you are stupid, you have weak institutions who are incapacitated in carrying out their functions. Is NIgeria problem absence of laws or inability to enforce?

Maina stole over 2 billion Naira and the case has no head. Yet you are pursuing Yahoo boys. Creating double standard.

Was Buhari arrested when he made inciting statements that led to the death of 100s of people in 2011? You feel the law should apply to some and not apply to some. In fact you and the old fool are mad. Stupid mofo!

Because society has other ills we should ignore another.

This Nairaland made me realise seriousness of the Nigerian problem..
Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by ehinmowo: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
GavelSlam:

Because society has other ills we should ignore another.

This Nairaland made me realise seriousness of the Nigerian problem..

Tell me the problems that the internet has created for NIgeria as well as the merits it has created.

Then go ahead and tell me the problems that corruption, infrastructural decay, political, communal and religious crisis, poverty, illiteracy etc has created and why anyone should feel that controlling internet should be priority over those ills. And the how curbing freedom of speech or hate speech as they call it will translate to development or affect the lives of Nigerians. because I don't understand the color of your stupidity.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Regulate Social Media, Not Shut It Down – Lai Mohammed by virud: 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
The Federal Government of Nigeria cannot regulate FREE SPEECH in a democratic Nigeria... unless they intend to hand over to the military.

(1) (Reply)

Criminals Want To Use New #ENDSARS Protest For Christmas Looting - Group Cries O / Okorocha’s Son In-law Activates Suit To Remove Governor Uzodimma From Office / Nothern Farmers,traders Lose Over 10billion In One Week Cry For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.