Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,275 members, 7,954,088 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

Whatsapp- The Inconvenient Truth - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp- The Inconvenient Truth (393 Views)

CUSTOMIZE Is Whatsapp The Best Messenger Out There? The Answer Is A BIG NO! / See All Features That Make Whatsapp The Best Chatapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp- The Inconvenient Truth by DZTech: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2020
how is it that a multi billion dollar tech firm could be this backward?
it beggars belief, but here we are.
I've spent almost a month trying to restore my chat history, to no avail.
The internet is full of all manner of complaints about the same problem; and very strange apps have surfaced, claiming to solve the problem.
- meanwhile, many of the solutions posted on message boards read like a mad scientist trying to discover the meaning of life!

you'd think that with data storage getting cheaper each year, it would be sensible to hold our chats in the cloud we lay folk keep hearing about.
how is this rocket science?

imagine if you will, having to store all your emails and Facebook messages on your phone...
and for good measure, maybe throw in all the content from the various forums and networks you belong to.
the stuff of nightmares, right?

so why does whatsapp insist on storing all our chats in a way that requires a steep learning curve when you change your device?
we know similar apps like telegram store chats online. we also know it'll be more convenient for email servers to make us keep our emails by ourselves.

so why have they chosen to put the customer first and why has Facebook- owner of whatsapp, refused to to so with the messaging app?
if I have a Facebook account, what's the big deal in logging on to my whatsapp account online? instead, why must I open the app on my phone?

the biggest joke of all is whatsapp web!
I mean, the hilarity of needing to maintain a network or WiFi connection on my phone when I'm checking messages on my PC online-
just outrageous!

Mark, do better.
Maybe go take lessons from telegram...

but then again, considering my ignored emails to WhatsApp support-
fat chance of that happening.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp- The Inconvenient Truth by iamgenius(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
WhatsApp is crap. Telegram 50 times better

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Wireless Tour Earpod #6,000 / Umidigi A5 Pro / Opera Mini Users,get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.