Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Jesse Day Wins The $1000 USD Star Prize At The MGI Virtual Scrabble Tournament - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jesse Day Wins The $1000 USD Star Prize At The MGI Virtual Scrabble Tournament (292 Views)

NPFL Clubs To Slug It Out For Dozy Mmobuosi/npfl Super Cup Star Prize Of N1.5bn / MGI Scrabble Premier League Gets Fresh Innovations, 7 MILLION Cash Prizes. / Maiden Scrabble League In Nigeria: N1,000,000 Star Prize Up For Grabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesse Day Wins The $1000 USD Star Prize At The MGI Virtual Scrabble Tournament by Mindgames: 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2020
What a tournament! What an experience!

I would like to congratulate Jesse Day of USA for emerging as the champion of the inaugural MGI Virtual International Scrabble League Series.

My gratitude goes first, to God and then to the following people without whom we could never have had a successful tournament.

Femi Awowade
Dr Ayotunde Adeyeri
Adekoyejo Adegbesan
Dr Musa Olasupo
Charles Uzamere (FrontPage CEO)
Will Anderson
Conrad Bassett-Bouchard
Ben Schoenbrun
Ayorinde Saidu
David Eldar (Donated his prize)

And to all the players who registered for the tournament, I say a very big THANK YOU for taking a leap of faith in the MGI brand. Please know that, together, we have made an indelible mark and recorded a first (Biggest ever online tournament in terms of prizes and number) in the history of online Scrabble.

I also would like to thank my beautiful wife and kids for their understanding, having spent most of the last 4 weekends alone even though I was present in the house.

We have learnt quite a few things in the course of running this inaugural tournament and we will be drawing on the experience for further improvements in subsequent editions. As most people are aware, we pioneered a monitoring system at the latter stages of the tournament to address the issue of cheating in online Scrabble play. The deployment of video camera / screen sharing to monitor players was largely successful and we will consider adopting the monitoring system from the beginning in the next virtual series.

We also want to hear from the players who participated in the tournament through a feedback survey. Your opinion as a participant surely counts, and we will be sending out a survey via email in the next few days for suggestions on how we can improve. We are keeping an open door for constructive feedback and we would like to hear from Scrabble players all over the world on how we can improve our events and grow the MGI brand globally.

The MGI DREAM is to consistently run the biggest Scrabble events (virtual or face to face) in the world, professionalize Scrabble, grow and promote the game at grassroots level. We continue to put ourselves in good position to attract individual and corporate sponsors by creating quality and attractive events all year round. We are also using this opportunity to solicit support from Scrabble players by way of voluntary donations. If you would like to support our events, please reach out to us via email at info@mindgamesincorporated.com or contact me privately at lukeman.owolabi@gmail.com.

It is also noteworthy to mention that all the 20 prize winners at the MGI Virtual International Scrabble League Series have been fully paid. Both finalists will also receive their gift package from our stream sponsor – FRONTPAGE COUTURE within the week.

Following the successful hosting of the inaugural edition, the management team of MGI has decided to run the virtual series at least twice a year, alongside our other events. We sincerely hope that Scrabble players around the world will support the event going forward, especially with the deployment of our monitoring system to tackle the menace of cheating.

Once again, I would like to specially thank Will Anderson and Conrad Basset-Bouchard for their selfless contributions and extra-ordinary commitment in bringing the event live to viewers all over the world. Please subscribe to Will's Twitch Channel - www.twitch.tv/wanderer15 to appreciate his creativity and support his work.

Details of the next MGI Virtual Scrabble tournament will be announced when the MGI event calendar for 2021 is published later this year on our website - www.mindgamesincorporated.com.

In the meantime, you can join the W.E.T.O event being organised by Ben Schoenbrun on the Woogles Platform. Details can be found on - https:///380itak

Thank you and continue to stay safe wherever you are. See you all in 2021.

Re: Jesse Day Wins The $1000 USD Star Prize At The MGI Virtual Scrabble Tournament by KCes: 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
interesting article
Re: Jesse Day Wins The $1000 USD Star Prize At The MGI Virtual Scrabble Tournament by paulolee(m): 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
cool cash

(1) (Reply)

Pc Matic Tech Number ☎️(86 6)-2 9 0-7 4 6 7 Call Now Customer Support Phone Numr / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Match Preview And Live Streaming 6:30pm / Bet For Monday (7odds)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.