Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption (2530 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by moshoodn(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2007
What would you do if you fell sick and on resumption you were fired.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2007
What bad luck can that be, Anyway,pick ur bags or whatever and leave,,that place is not for u then, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by sleekdot(m): 6:15am On Jun 27, 2007
i will just do what Peter Obi did head fast fast to court shocked
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by moshoodn(m): 6:25am On Jun 27, 2007
U would charge them to court on what grounds.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by sleekdot(m): 6:43am On Jun 27, 2007
haba get a lawyer
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by boladez(m): 6:54am On Jun 27, 2007
Thank you

1. Pack your things

2. Go to court

3. Get a better job elsewhere or go into a cash based business

They might just have pushed you out to your fortune and success. I have seen this happen several times including to me.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by casper(m): 7:00am On Jun 27, 2007
questions i have for you is that
1 ;did you call them to tell them that u were sick or did your friend's friend tell them.
2; did you call everyday u were away from work or did u send someone else?
3; do you have doctor's report proving that you were sick?

if you have answered yes to 2 of these questions then u have a case with a lawyer if not my friend just look for another job, but while u are making a case still look for another job.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by Ojurere(m): 7:10am On Jun 27, 2007
That is so serious. But you know what? God is taking you to a place of greater glory. Just let go and let God.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by Everbright(f): 8:16am On Jun 27, 2007
casper:

1 ;did you call them to tell them that u were sick or did your friend's friend tell them.

if you have answered yes to 2 of these questions then u have a case with a lawyer if not my friend just look for another job, but while u are making a case still look for another job.
At poster I join Casper in asking these questions.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by Datope(f): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2007
clean record.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by bodsibobo(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2007
@all the replies.

You are all looking at this from the point of view of the employee. angry
What if you're the employer? Will you hire someone who will be falling sick and play absenteeism on the job. embarassed
Remember you are running a profit making organisation and not a charity/philanthropy. wink
That's why employers should demand for health clearance certificate from doctors b/4 recruiting. tongue
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 27, 2007
Go to court. If i followed the due process. I am not an advocate of leave it to God, God gave us Courts to seek redress and not bother Him wit unnecessary things.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by Caradona(f): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2007
When I didn't get holiday leave for more than 2 years. I think they were taking advantage because I'm young
I just phoned to tell them that I'm ill
and I bought a ticket and flew abroad for 3wks Holiday and that was the best vacation I ever had.
when i got back. they fired me but luckily I got job that almost triples in pay than the last job.
in actual fact, I now earn more than my last Boss.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by maxxdjinx(m): 11:27am On Jun 27, 2007
I'll simply move on
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by teddyface(m): 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2007
casper:

thats it
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by DisGuy: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2007
Are there employement laws in nigeria? All these get a lawyer advice sounds good but considering the way lawyers behave in nigeria you'll realise they work for politicians and not the 'common man'.

bodsibobo:

@all the replies.

You are all looking at this from the point of view of the employee. angry
What if you're the employer? Will you hire someone who will be falling sick and play absenteeism on the job. embarassed
Remember you are running a profit making organisation and not a charity/philanthropy. wink
That's why employers should demand for health clearance certificate from doctors b/4 recruiting. tongue

he said he fell sick (once), even with a certificate you can fall sick in the future duhhhh!
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by Beline(f): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2007
Just move on, there is a greater future ahead better than what you had with them but in case of next time make sure that you follow the company's handbook to avoid a re-occurrence.

I'm assuring you definitely that there is a greater future ahead
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by initiate: 7:29am On Jun 28, 2007
were u actually sick or you disappeared for some other reasons and they found you out?
how many times within a month did you take a sick leave?
all things being equal are you dedicated to your job and productive?
how many queries/warning letter do you have?

for all you know maybe they are tired of you since and the sickness is the last straw
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by adis(m): 8:33am On Jun 28, 2007
Let's be sincere, it depends the following:

1. the conditions terms of service.------ If the service terms is corporate or legal, the employee can't just be sacked anyhow. Some procedure must be followed. The employee must be well informed.

2. the proof(s) presented or made available by the employee. ----- At least doctor's report must be presented to the company stating the occasional situation of the employee's health. If that is not done, the employee should expect being fired.

3. the duration of the sickness. ------ Depending on company, there must be a specific period given for the sick. If it's in a construction manufacturing company, one's sick period is a great loss to the company. The best is to lay off.

Our prayer should be "GOD GIVE US PERFECT AND SOUND HEALTH"

To the victims this, may God provide a better and rewarding job for them.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by moshoodn(m): 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2007
But its not easy securing a good lawyer being a common man.

It could mean moving to greater heights but how would u know u're moving to greater or lower level.

Its not easy,picture a month sickness in a corporate organisation,no queries,no bad report and on resumption one is being fired.
Imagine how depressing it could be.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by bodsibobo(m): 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2007
@Dis Guy

he said he fell sick (once), even with a certificate you can fall sick in the future duhhhh!

When you start your own business, and your employee falls sick on the resumption date, send him flowers and go to the his/her sick bed to sympathise with him all day! The issue is not the truth or otherwise of the sickness, but your commitment, seriousness and attitude to your job. At least you go on the first day and can then ASK for sick-off.

To me that simply shows the kind of trend I will have to deal with even after he/she resumes, and it is called absenteeism. Not going to work at the slightest excuse. What if it is a position in the office where a lot depends on you?

What the f**k? How can you miss work on the first day of resumption? So after resumption, you will fall sick the more and still try to justify it that 'shebi its only once, or is it now twice?'
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by SweetT1: 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2007
@Topic
Don't you have sick time on your job ?? You suppose to have enough sick time to use incase you are sick. I have over 100 hours of sick time to use incase i get sick, and i will be able to get paid while i'm off sick. Or have you used all your sick time ??
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by DisGuy: 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2007
bodsibobo:

@Dis Guy

When you start your own business, and your employee falls sick on the resumption date, send him flowers and go to the his/her sick bed to sympathise with him all day! The issue is not the truth or otherwise of the sickness, but your commitment, seriousness and attitude to your job. At least you go on the first day and can then ASK for sick-off.

To me that simply shows the kind of trend I will have to deal with even after he/she resumes, and it is called absenteeism. Not going to work at the slightest excuse. What if it is a position in the office where a lot depends on you?

What the f**k? How can you miss work on the first day of resumption? So after resumption, you will fall sick the more and still try to justify it that 'shebi its only once, or is it now twice?'

what the Bleep is wrong with you read properly! on resumption as in after coming back from the hospital! he didnt fall sick on the first day of work, he is working there already!
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by nuggard(m): 1:10am On Jul 01, 2007
turn around and walk out.

ps: not through the door.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by moshoodn(m): 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2007
@Nuggard

if nt thru d door then where.

If it were u ,u'll simply walk out when u're earning #100,000 monthly and there is no job in sight.
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by nuggard(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2007
what floor is your company on?
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by bodsibobo(m): 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2007
@Dis Guy
what the Bleep is wrong with you read properly! on resumption as in after coming back from the hospital! he didnt fall sick on the first day of work, he is working there already!

You need to read properrly or moshoodn needs to rephrase the topic.

"If You Fall Sick And Gets Fired On Resumption" MEANS you fall sick when you START work.

If it is your own interpretation; the topic would have been:

"If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Returning (to work)"
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by DisGuy: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2007
You need to read properrly or moshoodn needs to rephrase the topic.
i read it properly wink

"If You Fall Sick And Gets Fired On Resumption" MEANS you fall sick when you START work

. . . when you RESTART work

-The act or an instance of resuming; a beginning again
-A continuing after interruption
-restart
-beginning again

peace wink
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by ne4real(f): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2007
i'l simply leave.

God will give me a better job
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by bodsibobo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2007
@ English-teacher (Dis Guy) tongue

Thanks. Now I know!!!!! grin
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by moshoodn(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2007
@Ds guy.,

What i meant was that "on returning back to work".

Not d first day at work.

Semantics. . .
Re: If You Fall Sick And Get Fired On Resumption by onome02(f): 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ Dis Guy returning means restarting work now haba!!!!! if one had just gotten the job the poster would have let us know

@poster, just start investing watever little money u have and also make a legal case

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is It To Choose Environmental Health As A Career-eho's / When Is Ican Result Coming Out? / Free Computer Training In Lagos Island (msoffice, Graphics, Web Design,cms,java)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.