Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal (19781 Views)

Man United Score From A Record Penalty To Qualify For UEL Semi-Finals / Lampard Rages At His Squad After Conceding 90th Minute Goal Against West Ham / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Tokkson: 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

That's the main issue right now... United really struggles against highly defensive teams, which is what Arsenal has shockingly transformed to under Arteta!!!

This is why finishing top 6 this season will be very difficult for United!!!... They will fare very badly against lower teams!!!

How was arsenal highly defensive yesterday?

A team that outplayed you in both halves?
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Tokkson: 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2020
emperorAY:

sorry but Pogba was not played on the flanks at Juventus and the national team. I'm not a man United fan but don't let ignorance cloud your sense of reason

He played at the left side of the attack for Juventus.

Don't say what you don't know.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by mrkings84(m): 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
So arsenal won united yesterday?

NO, POGBA GAVE MANU A DEFEAT!
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by lucky4west: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
man u will keep loosing with players like pogba...
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by OmoManU: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
Logon59:
There's always spotlight on Pogba so everything he does including mistakes, will be criticised. But I won't criticize him for giving away a penalty, everyone can make that mistake. I will however criticize him for giving the ball away 15 times in one match. Not because it's Pogba but any player that carelessly loses possession and puts his team under pressure that much in such a high intensity match, deserves every criticism that will come his way.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? or you have one but not satisfied with it's quality? Or you don't have the additional drawings (structural, mechanical, electrical and BOQ) contact me to design top standard and complete building plans plus full supervision all at decent costs. Chat or call 0816 124 7898 or visit any of the links below to see more.
I think for now he should be coming in from the bench
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2020
Alary:

Work in progress indeed, I put all the blame on OGS , when you are playing a side that have their philosophy on midfield play and ball possession and retention, you don't start Pogba ,you can only play players who have high work rate and possess team discipline. Look at his first substitution for example,you are playing at home against a team that has no courage to beat you since 2006 ,you are in the second half yet no goal, your sub should reflect you want to go for the kill especially when the momentum is going Man united favour. ,but surprisingly he brought in Nemanja Matic to replace Fred ,wonderful .Does that not show he was afraid to attack. It even shows in his post match interview when he said Pogba made an error resulting in the penalty kick ,he said the match has a (0-0 )goalless draw written over it.Can you imagine a coach playing at home conceding at 69min saying that .If I'm part of the board I will push for his sack immediately.

Hehehehe!!!... That's why I said 'a part of me'!!! grin

Yeah... Olé's tactics were off yesterday!!! I warned United fans ahead of the game... Starting Rashford at Number 9 with a fully fit Cavani on the bench was already a minus!!!

Why keep testing and tampering with your winning first eleven... That guy needs to learn fast or get the hell out of there!!!

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2020
Tokkson:

How was arsenal highly defensive yesterday?

A team that outplayed you in both halves?

Arsenal did fairly well yesterday... But, they have become more defensive than offensive!!!

...And, my team didn't play yesterday!!! tongue
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by MajohBankz: 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
The way Man UTD is going down, they'd soon discover crude oil.

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Starzo: 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
serious wahala my guy
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Conceding penalty to Arsenal is not a bad thing...
Losing possession on 15 occasions is the bad thing

Anyway what do i know i could not concentrate on the match yesterday because i watched the game in a beer parlor...
Some niggarrrr way their money don long were busy buying circoc, Hennessey and Andre to distract person

Wahalar dey for people way nor get money o
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Starzo: 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
another nonsensical argument
how many goals did aguero score at atm before moving to man City?...he never score 25 goals in one season in la liga

michu that was a nobody in Spain came to England and won the golden boot with Swansea

Do u want me to start counting players that did very well in England but flopped in Spain?
too many to be listed
stop with all this rubbish talk about epl being more difficult than other leagues already
I can bet all I have that no epl team can win serie A or bundesliga
Angelfrost:

Not fully in agreement!!...

Why has Bruno been flying high since he came??! Even Fred and McTominay have found their bearing!!!

Why did Mkhtaryan fail miserably after leaving United to Arsenal, but doing very well in Italy??!

Not every player does well in top teams in EPL compared to top teams in other leagues!!!... It takes an entirely different approach, commitment, and managerial tactical approach for players to thrive in EPL....

Yes, I said it... EPL is a far harsher, difficult, and bigger terrain compared to others!!!... Only the very Strong can survive in England!!! The pressure alone can make the best lose it!!!

Did Falcao perform better on leaving one top EPL club to the other??!...

That said... United is a work progress!!! I believe what they lack is managerial consistency!!!... This is why a part of me believes they should stick it out with Olé... Let him find his rhythm, build a philosophy, and ground it!!!... This is what AC Milan, Ajax, Atalanta, even Rangers are enjoying today!!!
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
Starzo:
another nonsensical argument
how many goals did aguero score at atm before moving to man City?...he never score 25 goals in one season in la liga

michu that was a nobody in Spain came to England and won the golden boot with Swansea

Do u want me to start counting players that did very well in England but flopped in Spain?
too many to be listed
stop with all this rubbish talk about epl being more difficult than other leagues already
I can bet all I have that no epl team can win serie A or bundesliga

No need getting worked up over banter... Bring forth your own theory as to why players flopped in EPL, yet soared in other leagues!!!

I proffered a reason... You ought to disagree, and state clearly why, not indulging in pointless tirades. Thank you.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Sedonxavi: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2020
OgaRico:
This guy is confused right from his name ,you're Paul but a Muslim,he pays more attention to his social media and fashion life than football that brought him to where he is.Paul is always in the news for mostly wrong reasons than good ones and it doesn't look like he intend correcting some of this wrongs.
And to spoil everything, that man he has as an agent will not kill quiet for a second,every season he is finding a new club for Paul and if Paul continue this way,Balotteli type of situation nai get am.
Typical Nigerian religious bigot. What is your problem with bearing Paul and being a Muslim. Just admit you hate the guy because of his name and fate
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Starzo: 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
I just gave u two examples and u r still asking for more
Who was michu when he was in Spain??
Yet he came to England and won the highest goal scorer's award
David Silva,Yaya toure,mata all came from Spain and did well in England
Even Suarez came from the eredivisie(not among Europe top five leagues) and won the golden boot
On the other hand, Owen,coutinho,even Owen Hargreaves struggled when they left England

quote author=Angelfrost post=95601394]

No need getting worked up over banter... Bring forth your own theory as to why players flopped in EPL, yet soared in other leagues!!!

I proffered a reason... You ought to disagree, and state clearly why, not indulging in pointless tirades. Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by OgaRico(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2020
Sedonxavi:
Typical Nigerian religious bigot. What is your problem with bearing Paul and being a Muslim. Just admit you hate the guy because of his name and fate

I don't hate him and I won't.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Reference(m): 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
The commentator actually said this yesterday. grin grin grin
Peter Drury (commentator): "Right there you have two midfielders battling it out for glory and stardom, you look at Thomas and you can see he's really ready to Party But you look at Paul and it seems he's here to sweep after the party is over" grin angry

Hahahaha....another reason why we just love the Premiership, the commentary. You just cannot get this in any other sport and in any other country, period. Classic.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Reference(m): 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Odunolumide:

"Carrier" ?

Usually pesky 'auto-correct' feature if you do not turn it off or proof read.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Reference(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2020
MajohBankz:
The way Man UTD is going down, they'd soon discover crude oil.

Na.!!!...they will soon crash through the floor of the Premiership and through the roof of the 'Championship' before settling 5 places below sea level. They better blow their tanks and rid the dead weight in ol' Ole and get Pooch before some other team does the usual December 'Clearance Sale'. Winter is coming.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2020
Alary:

You mean Arsenal could have won ?But they lose! Interesting.
I mean Arsenal could have more by more goal margin. And they would have won without the penalty anyway cuz they were the better team. I said that cuz I have met a lot of Man U fans claiming they wouldn't have won if not for the penalty.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by yemi1504: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2020
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54774068

Always making stupid mistakes bikonu! SMH. Sell this dolt and arrogant prick for the cents on the dollar so that Man United and their fans can finally have peace of mind!
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by yemi1504: 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2020
santos123:
This guy is the most overrated player in the world. Since I have watched play,he has never had 3 straight dominant performance. Nonsense and ingredients

Abi o, a waste of talent and unfortunately, an arrogant prick to boot! Off from the club I support!
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Odunolumide(m): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
Reference:

Usually pesky 'auto-correct' feature if you do not turn it off or proof read.

OK
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
Silentgroper:
the zealnut, is it a hook up site?
It's a social media platform
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by KNGMufasa: 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
The water weY dem use make eba, can never be returned back

Now, onto your next trashing man u grin
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Tokwak: 1:42am On Nov 03, 2020
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Setharry(m): 3:57am On Nov 03, 2020
Angelfrost:

Arsenal did fairly well yesterday... But, they have become more defensive than offensive!!!

...And, my team didn't play yesterday!!! tongue

Am guessing you're just saying this rubbish for your pleasure... All good, it part of the game...

Go see our last three match, then you will stop embarrassing yourself... We played Leicester in their own half all through 90min, but missed lot of chances like we did with man u, vardy came in and they scored through counter...

On Thursday night, our boys played beautiful sexy football, got the needed victory...

On Sunday, we replicated the performance and schooled you guys...

I get you are pained, just don't embarrass yourself by saying rubbish...
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 6:20am On Nov 03, 2020
Setharry:

Am guessing you're just saying this rubbish for your pleasure... All good, it part of the game...

Go see our last three match, then you will stop embarrassing yourself... We played Leicester in their own half all through 90min, but missed lot of chances like we did with man u, vardy came in and they scored through counter...

On Thursday night, our boys played beautiful sexy football, got the needed victory...

On Sunday, we replicated the performance and schooled you guys...

I get you are pained, just don't embarrass yourself by saying rubbish...

Sigh... All these heat, fuss, and vexation on top wetin??! Football??!...

Your opinion has been noted!!!... Now, go check your blood pressure before you give yourself a coronary!!! Shior!!!
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by kolade560: 6:59am On Nov 03, 2020
u shud have lost again Chelsea too, referee helped u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Steve Ritsons 2nd Golf Course Designed & Built In Anambra Southeast Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.