Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,126 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu (33077 Views)

Igbo Priest Teaching Americans How To Sing In Igbo Language / Europeans And Asians Learning Igbo Language / Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2020
No big deal
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by code77(m): 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
saaphiere:
Hmm.
God I don't need this kind of achievement. I need a God-fearing husband, respectful kids, friendly in-laws, academic and career success, a peaceful home.

Nne, Look no further, because your Prince charming, knight in shining armor is here to make your Dreams come true. Pls just reply in affirmative.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Quitam: 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2020
bro4u:

See who's talking, how long have you been suffering from dementia and memory loss? You seem to forget your first mannerless approach. Fucck off once more

Hmmm, "manners" have just got a new definition from you. I won't insult not because i can't, but because it's not my way. You made an unsubstantiated statement, i punctured it and you are angry. What do you know about other Nigerian languages that you'll just generalise like that?
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2020
saaphiere:
Hmm.
God I don't need this kind of achievement. I need a God-fearing husband, respectful kids, friendly in-laws, academic and career success, a peaceful home.
Las las nah husband beater u go end up with cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Blackmiserable(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
saaphiere:
Hmm.

Hehe, aunty, this must be your second post I have read about getting a God-fearing husband etc

Eyah, sorry, marriage dey shak you ba, but talk true lol, would you go into a marriage where you share the financial responsibility somewhat equally or on a 60/40 basis. Most women do not really want marriage. They simply want to be relieved of financial obligations, lol.

That being said, don't worry, God go do am.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Nebes: 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
I believe a lot of those commenting did not even watch the video.
The woman’s Igbo was a pure delight. No way to know she is not Igbo without seeing her in hijab.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bahdo.. You suppose Don jakpa 4 now
Passport since 2018
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

We are gonna mix niggarrrr
It just a matter of time
Funny enough na online we for dey form enemies and tribalism
For real ground....igbo, hausa and Yoruba dey run things together

I remember in 2018 when i visit abuja for passport

I meet one igbo officer for gate...i approach am..so he tell me say he guy go run am for me shaperly..
I shock when he call he guy come for me...only for me to see say that he guy na pure hausa man

Even later in the evening of that day when I want do some payments to them..na for one Iya oyo amala spot for wuye i for go see their two dey eat amala..
Them say make i join them for one bar later for utako make we drink beer...me and alcohol..i run commot from my hotel room...we booze that day

Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Paretomaster1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
Yoonsung52:
That does not still make her Igbo smiley

She never claim to be Igbo....
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Hindex: 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
saaphiere:
Hmm.
I like this your wish list. May they begin to be granted even from now on.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by twilliamx(m): 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2020
classicfrank4u:
Lol this one na small thing na..
Igbo's too dey speak hausa steady
Hausa dey speak ekiti
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by nobilie: 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Who made Enugu the heart of igboland.
Mtcheww

A state that is nearly 65 percent muslims

You are either not an Igbo or you are too young to comment on this. Just last week, governors in SE had meeting regards the region. This is not the first time this is done. Igbo elites recognise 042 as the regional capital.
Well, that non indigenes are protected in Enugu does not mean its no longer the capital.
Grow up.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2020
nobilie:

You are either not an Igbo or you are too young to comment on this. Just last week, governors in SE had meeting regards the region. This is not the first time this is done. Igbo elites recognise 042 as the regional capital.
Well, that non indigenes are protected in Enugu does not mean its no longer the capital.
Grow up.

Bla bla bla bla Osino gini?

We have 36 states with their capitals.

Which meeting? How many attended.

Simple question u no fit answer.

Ndi ala
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by bro4u: 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
Quitam:

Hmmm, "manners" have just got a new definition from you. I won't insult not because i can't, but because it's not my way. You made an unsubstantiated statement, i punctured it and you are angry. What do you know about other Nigerian languages that you'll just generalise like that?
Apologies! what I pointed isn't far-fetched from the truth. The Igbos are very much into business and as such need to be integrated well into the host communities for ease of doing business hence their proficiency in alien languages.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by CAUSTIC002: 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2020
impressive !
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by subcbouy: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2020
Nothing special op! It is normal in as much as you want to do biz and integrate fully and make best of it.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Kc3000: 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2020
@1:56 mark in the video, the lady says she doesn't even pay rent where she lives in Enugu. Actually, the landlord gives them money whenever he comes around.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Quitam: 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
bro4u:

Apologies! what I pointed isn't far-fetched from the truth. The Igbos are very much into business and as such need to be integrated well into the host communities for ease of doing business hence their proficiency in alien languages.

My apologies too, if i hurt you. Thanks. Shalom
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2020
IPOB will still kill her and loot her shop
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Ogbeniomo: 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ever8090:
I can't see anywhere mentioned in the post that the post was made because Igbos don't speak Hausa,.this una empty chest beating and rubbish formings na him make small thing Una go say them dey jealous una, wet be say una be parasite wey dey survive on other people's space and resources
what was the reson of that post prof?
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by vioment: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
This is good and more of it is needed. Not by force but by interest.

Facts about tribes currently:

*The igbos, fulanis, and hausas, are the most groups to move around Nigeria.

*The igbos learn and speak the language of wherever they find themselves more than any tribe in Nigeria. And They also adapt to hostile environments.

*The yorubas are the most tolerant tribe in terms of religion or ethnicity. They might insult you verbally when they see you but that is it. After a while, they become one of your very good friends.

*Benin use to be the pidgin English capital.

Nigeria is unique. But have failed to capitalize on its uniqueness. The only countries more unique than Nigeria is the USA, Brazil, and maybe SA.

If Nigeria gets the equality part right, it can become the most unique place on earth.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by KanoSeller: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
This is indeed rare. She might be Igbo Muslim
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Chris2863(m): 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2020
grin grin still on still, you I’ll die of envy
StrongInBed:

You are already dead terrorist.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by blackgold90(m): 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Mtcheww

That is the capital of former eastern Nigeria
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by ThatFairGuy: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Mtcheww

How to know original Ipob Terrorists, they hate Islam more than anything. Bigoted Terrorist you are
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by ThatFairGuy: 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bar1941:
Why exposing her especially now that their is chaos in some parts of the East?

NAIRALAND MODERATORS AND THEIR KIDDISH/BIAS NATURE.
Few minutes ago, a story got to the front page on nairaland with the title: "Muslims Attacked in Nsukka, Mosques Burnt by Mob in Enugu". I observed two comments in particular, one from an account named "Arrewa" and the other from another account named "Waitforit". All of a sudden, the comment from the Arrewa of a person was deleted but that of Waitforit is allowed. I attached a Screenshot from the two comments, pls which is more inciting amongst the comments?

You people blame the people in the arms of government for being bias, being nepotic and what a view, but ordinary moderating on a social media you showed your level of intolerance and bias. What a shame?

We know the mod doing that, whereas his name is not always mention.
That's how he does. It's nothing new.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by ogwumgbe: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Yoonsung52:

She's complete Igbo to me. Apart from her attire, No one will believe she's not igbo. There are a lot of them in Onitsha that speak Igbo fluently like her
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by akigbemaru: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedboneSmith:
Nigeria is not a melting pot anything. We may all be in the same pot, but we've stubbornly refused to mix.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by ogwumgbe: 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2020
swedbase:
She lives for free, doesn't pay house rent. the landlord helps her with money sometimes and some people said Igbos are not accommodating

Igbos are the most accomodating people in the whole Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by samwash(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
If this poster kwn how many Nigeria indigenous language I dey speak, not to talk of feign languages.
Some pple are just too muti-legual.
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by emoney09: 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2020
And what do you expect
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by ZorGBUooeh: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
Aboki99:
Now that they have attacked mosques and businesses of the northerners, they want to console us with this rubbish ,abi? We'll not forget.

Don't forget o

If u forget u messed up

And don't forget that an Hausa man stabbed an Igbo man first before the retaliation.No Igbo man can try that up north without getting lynched
Re: Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
Yoonsung52:

She is more of an igbo person than even igbo people themselves. This woman speaks better Igbo than me. I am igbo by the way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gani Adams Rolling On The Floor In Church During Thanksgiving (Photos) / Muslim Women Protest Against Orò Tradition That Forbids Women From Stepping Out / Sultan On State Of Nation: We Are Being Cowed Into Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.