Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Thirty Three Thousand Naira - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Thirty Three Thousand Naira (454 Views)

Twenty Thousand Naira(20,000) Award... / Thousand Pass Out From NYSC Today To Join POS Vendor. No Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thirty Three Thousand Naira by Mpvibetv: 11:52am On Nov 02, 2020
I have toured through the heart of a haggard educational system for decades
That only rewards my sweat with a uniform and few nuts in naira notes,
And abandon me after service to fend myself as helpless lizards’ eggs.
Magaji Garin Kaduna north was where the sun gave me its shelter.
I thought the increase in allowance would end the ten plagues of the harsh economy,
Instead, debts added salt to my injury.

For three weeks, I was an educated prisoner to be released with little or no shells.
A soldier’s life flowed through my veins as a life of my own slowly slipped away.
It was like the prison break from Ikoyi Correctional Centre but not the bloody kind with a SS genotype.
My freedom was like running from fry pan to fire!!

All this foreign land could offer me was tattered hopes.
It was like climbing Mount Everest with my teeth.
Every entrepreneurship ideas and savings skills employed were nailed to the cross by callous atmosphere.
My parents said if I couldn't save my allowance then I should survive on my own. Hmmm!
Forty days and forty nights rain drained my ego for rebuking the imaginary Ark in the one year program
As my NYSC dreams shattered and faded away like my shadows in the dark.

Roaming the streets to search for foods
When Covid-19 Pandemic has closed all doors of employment but open its clouds of drought and famine,
Bullets drank blood from the ocean of the #ENDSARS movement and Nigeria remains indebted to its citizens.
Where am I heading to?
Is there really a promise land for me?
www.Mpvibe.com

PLEASE Repost U-report NigeriaU-report NigeriaU-report Nigeria Nigeria
Ayonimofe Correct Bro OYO Media OYO Oyo State Government @YabaleftOnline
@Woli Woli Arole @NaijaLegit.ng Gossip Big Brother Naija YAYI TVTv @Abubakar Bukola Saraki @Abubakar Bukola Gbemisola Ruqayyah Saraki

1 Like

Re: Thirty Three Thousand Naira by LagosAirport: 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2020
Nice writting
Re: Thirty Three Thousand Naira by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2020
LagosAirport:
Nice writting

Desist from hyping “confusion”!

(1) (Reply)

Corpers Needed In Port Harcourt / *sdg Group Donates First Aid Boxes To Secondary Schools In Osogbo* / Corp Members Of Ebonyi Camp Afikpo Turn Up In A Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.