Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,939 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption (1503 Views)

How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? / My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling / What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
Before I bought the fuel my odometer was
187 186 reserved I noted it I bought 5000 naira fuel I used for 14 days I checked my odometer when it reached reserve it was

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Eddee(m): 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kaybaba5:
187 186 reserved I noted it I bought 5000 naira fuel I used for 14 days I checked my odometer when it reached reserve it was

Forgive me for I dont understand your question at all, but i will still chip in my solicited comment anyway. Assuming a litre of fuel is #159. You bought approximately 31.5 litres of fuel and used it for 2 weeks? Congrats on that anyway! The bone of contention now is that you covered only 81 kms - i will be back to provide insight when I fully understand your challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Elsueno: 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
Modified:

The car is a fuel guzzler!

1 Like

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by banky3w(m): 11:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
Eddee:

Forgive me for I dont understand your question at all, but i will still chip in my solicited comment anyway. Assuming a litre of fuel is #159. You bought approximately 31.5 litres of fuel and used it for 2 weeks? Congrats on that anyway! The bone of contention now is that you covered only 81 kms - i will be back to provide insight when I fully understand your challenge.
What I think he needs is his mpg which is around 10.3mpg if I’m correct grin

3 Likes

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Eddee(m): 4:40am On Nov 03, 2020
banky3w:

What I think he needs is his mpg which is around 10.3mpg if I’m correct grin

Yes o. That’s horrible mileage for even a full sized utility truck. Unless there was massive idling with his air conditioning in full blast (the days are hot grin) somewhere in there, and he conveniently forgot to mention it, this is plausible because he covered very short distances in 14 days.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 5:47am On Nov 03, 2020
Thanks every one

I covered short distance like from my home to work like 15mins from work to bank 10mins without ac. My car is camry 2000
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 5:53am On Nov 03, 2020
Eddee:

How did u get 81km. And my challenge I want to know if the car dey swallow fuel too much. Pls na i4 camry 2000, no ac
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by cluewebhost(m): 5:53am On Nov 03, 2020
I usually prefer doing full tank (when the dispenser clicks once) to full tank.

It's more accurate the reserve light can have a mind of its own.

Check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5924691/lets-track-compare-car-fuel

1 Like

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 6:01am On Nov 03, 2020
cluewebhost:
I usually prefer doing full tank (when the dispenser clicks once) to full tank.

It's more accurate the reserve light can have a mind of its own.

Check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5924691/lets-track-compare-car-fuel

If I should buy full thank, am afraid it might take me one month before it reaches reserve cos I covered short distance
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by cluewebhost(m): 6:08am On Nov 03, 2020
Kaybaba5:

If I should buy full thank, am afraid it might take me one month before it reaches reserve cos I covered short distance

No you fill the tank, drive for maybe a week and ask them to fill the tank again.

Check the mileage difference and how many litres they put in.
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by cluewebhost(m): 6:13am On Nov 03, 2020
You're doing about 2.6 miles per liter, roughly 10 mpg.

It's very poor, I do more than double the miles on same fuel.
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 6:15am On Nov 03, 2020
cluewebhost:

No you fill the tank, drive for maybe a week and ask them to fill the tank again.

Check the mileage difference and how many litres they put in.

Thanks for your feedback

But before I buy fuel to my car I always wait for reserve light to show and when it does that, I will enter filling station I buy 5k fuel at 160 per litre. So I just want to use it to calculate the fuel consumption
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by cluewebhost(m): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2020
If your reserve light is accurate and you buy the second it comes up then that should work too.

Kaybaba5:

Thanks for your feedback

But before I buy fuel to my car I always wait for reserve light to show and when it does that, I will enter filling station I buy 5k fuel at 160 per litre. So I just want to use it to calculate the fuel consumption
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Eddee(m): 6:44am On Nov 03, 2020
Kaybaba5:

How did u get 81km. And my challenge I want to know if the car dey swallow fuel too much. Pls na i4 camry 2000, no ac

Kaybaba5:
187186 reserved I noted it I bought 5000 naira fuel I used for 14 days I checked my odometer when it reached reserve it was
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by checkmatez: 7:18am On Nov 03, 2020
Kaybaba5:
Op the picture you uploaded and your figure you stated are confusing... what's the essence of the uploaded picture??

1 Like

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by banky3w(m): 7:35am On Nov 03, 2020
Kaybaba5:

I think your odometer is calibrated in miles, which translates to 130.4km.
Poor mpg nevertheless. Fuel quality and car condition is a key factor.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 8:08am On Nov 03, 2020
checkmatez:
Op the picture you uploaded and your figure you stated are confusing... what's the essence of the uploaded picture??

I used that picture to show how my dashboard look like cos have read on nairaland asking about what is inside and outside the speedometer. Either miles, mpg or km
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by checkmatez: 8:16am On Nov 03, 2020
Kaybaba5:

I used that picture to show how my dashboard look like cos have read on nairaland asking about what is inside and outside the speedometer. Either miles, mpg or km
Ok you did well..but next time, it's the car pic,model and engine type that's needed.

1 Like

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:52am On Nov 03, 2020
Kaybaba5:

there is lot information missing

1 we dont need the total price fuel you bought but how many litres were that 5000 naira?

2 Your travelling distance per day eg back & forth from work

3 Engine size

4 Any load during the trip

5 Average speed on that back & forth distance

mpg are calculated as follows (number of litre per travelled distance at certain average speed)

hence you find city average mpgs and highway average

becoz the speed you drive at is major facter to mpgs calculation

1 Like

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by sheu01: 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2020
Wen I was still using 1999 Toyota Camry, if I buy 28 litres of fuel, it give me 100 miles for city driving.
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by buygala(m): 12:08am On Nov 04, 2020
sheu01:
Wen I was still using 1999 Toyota Camry, if I buy 28 litres of fuel, it give me 100 miles for city driving.

Poor...very poor for an unnecessarily expensive Camry sad

My Honda baby boy, just before i sold it delivered 10km.per litre in the city...used to be 6km until my rewire changed the cars's coolant sensor and recalibrated the valve body or something around there using his scanner...he sha set something around the valve body to 7.3 using his scanner...i know because i was watching him all the way grin..

Baskad car all the while i owned it was giving me 6km per litre in the city undecided...na when i don collect 300k deposit na im d idiot got fixed and was delivering 40-42km per gallon of fuel in the city...i never took it on a highway after i received a deposit of payment for the car...

My current honda DC V6 is doing 28km per gallon in the city...30-31km per gallon on highway with ac on all through...

1 Like

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by sheu01: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2020
buygala:

Poor...very poor for an unnecessarily expensive Camry sad

My Honda baby boy, just before i sold it delivered 10km.per litre in the city...used to be 6km until my rewire changed the cars's coolant sensor and recalibrated the valve body or something around there using his scanner...he sha set something around the valve body to 7.3 using his scanner...i know because i was watching him all the way grin..

Baskad car all the while i owned it was giving me 6km per litre in the city undecided...na when i don collect 300k deposit na im d idiot got fixed and was delivering 40-42km per gallon of fuel in the city...i never took it on a highway after i received a deposit of payment for the car...

My current honda DC V6 is doing 28km per gallon in the city...30-31km per gallon on highway with ac on all through...

Poor for 300,000 mileage car, What is the mileage of your honda? let your honda reach 300,000 mileage b4 comparison.
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by buygala(m): 9:35am On Nov 04, 2020
sheu01:

Poor for 300,000 mileage car, What is the mileage of your honda? let your honda reach 300,000 mileage b4 comparison.

Mileage of my baby boy was 320k plus when i sold it...
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by 9icetoo(m): 11:19am On Nov 04, 2020
So let's say OP works Monday to Friday. 10 days right. It takes OP 10 days to cover 81 miles. That's 8 miles per day. 4m miles to and 4 miles from. OP covers 4 miles in 15 minutes. That's an average speed of 16 mile an hour. You see where I am going with this?
Average speed is the key here. OP hardly ever gets into 3rd gear let alone 4th gear where the engine is at its most fuel efficient. OP is often in second and first gear.

Nothing is wrong with your car OP. Your route and short distance is the issue which results in very low average speeds and hence the seemingly poor mpg.

Your car is fine.

Honda ko Honda ni. Carry your Honda enter ejigbo by 6.00pm make I see where him go smell 20mpg.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by sheu01: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2020
buygala:

Mileage of my baby boy was 320k plus when i sold it...

Engine capacity of baby boy is 2.0 while camry of the same model l4 is 2.2, There shd be diff
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by buygala(m): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
sheu01:

Engine capacity of baby boy is 2.0 while camry of the same model l4 is 2.2, There shd be diff

Engine of 4-plugs baby boy is 2.3 ...

You need to calm down and stop jumping to unnecessary conclusions when you actually know nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
9icetoo:
So let's say OP works Monday to Friday. 10 days right. It takes OP 10 days to cover 81 miles. That's 8 miles per day. 4m miles to and 4 miles from. OP covers 4 miles in 15 minutes. That's an average speed of 16 mile an hour. You see where I am going with this?
Average speed is the key here. OP hardly ever gets into 3rd gear let alone 4th gear where the engine is at its most fuel efficient. OP is often in second and first gear.

Nothing is wrong with your car OP. Your route and short distance is the issue which results in very low average speeds and hence the seemingly poor mpg.

Your car is fine.

Honda ko Honda ni. Carry your Honda enter ejigbo by 6.00pm make I see where him go smell 20mpg.

You are 100 percent correct, I don't get to 3rd and 4th gear. Yes my speed is very low. I just want to know if it consumes fuel. I covered short distance

Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by 9icetoo(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2020
[quote author=Kaybaba5 post=95686893][/quote]
Your car is okay. Just take her to the highway once in a while to blow out some carbon and thoroughly warm up that oil. Change your oil more frequently as this qualifies as severe driving conditions.
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
sheu01:

Did you know that a Chevrolet Corvette with a 6.2L V8 can actually get over 30 mpg?

Now you know.

Do with that information what you want.
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2020
9icetoo:

Your car is okay. Just take her to the highway once in a while to blow out some carbon and thoroughly warm up that oil. Change your oil more frequently as this qualifies as severe driving conditions.

Thanks bro

I change oil every 3months and engine doesn't short oil or smoke.

I will stick with that
Re: Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption by Kaybaba5(m): 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2020
Thank you all....

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Does The Hausa Man See In A Honda / Toyota AC Button / Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.