Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! (3881 Views)

Bad Things That Happen At Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna By Commandant / Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) / Outcome Of Today's ASUU Meeting With FG (2) (3) (4)

What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 9:19am On Nov 03, 2020
Tomorrow is another meeting between FG and ASUU, if the meeting takes place, these are some of the things I think may be the outcome:

1). FG will insist that ASUU members enroll on IPPIS while UTAS is being tested but ASUU will say NO.

2). ASUU will tell FG to pay their members before they can resume work.

3). FG will start paying ASUU members using the method they used in paying them for February to June, that is, through partial enrollment on IPPIS.

4). ASUU will resume work, because salary and other things are being paid.

5). After sometimes, maybe a month, the result of UTAS will come in, but it will be negative! FG will then tell ASUU to properly enroll on IPPIS.

6). ASUU will completely refused to have their members enroll on IPPIS, but going on strike will now be very difficult. Two things may now happen:
(a). ASUU goes on strike and incures the wrath of students and parents.
(b). ASUU continues working and after some time government will then stop their salary because they refused to fully enroll on IPPIS and then ASUU goes on strike, because they can not work on empty stomach!

I seriously pray that this my theory does not manifest as from tomorrow.
I strongly pray that a far more lasting solution to the crisis is found tomorrow.

I hope you people are praying along with me

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by YoonSung53: 9:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Same story....

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by Victor20206: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2020
yes ooo we the pray bro amen to your prayers �.
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by Uzomacharles: 9:33am On Nov 03, 2020
Anything wey dem wan do make dem do but I no wan remain for my level next year

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:46am On Nov 03, 2020
You are just being optimistic...

This government don't care, they have nothing to lose.
Either ASUU enroll or ....
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by Dididrumz(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2020
sinkhole:
Tomorrow is another meeting between FG and ASUU, if the meeting takes place, these are some of the things I think may be the outcome:

1). FG will insist that ASUU members enroll on IPPIS while UTAS is being tested but ASUU will say NO.

3). FG will start paying ASUU members using the method they used in paying them for February to June, that is, through partial enrollment on IPPIS.

5). After sometimes, maybe a month, the result of UTAS will come in, but it will be negative! FG will then tell ASUU to properly enroll on IPPIS.

6). ASUU will completely refused to have their members enroll on IPPIS, but going on strike will now be very difficult. Two things may now happen:
(b). ASUU continues working and after some time government will then stop their salary because they refused to fully enroll on IPPIS and then ASUU goes on strike, because they can not work on empty stomach!

I strongly pray that a far more lasting solution to the crisis is found tomorrow.

Please when is this meeting?
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 11:18am On Nov 03, 2020
Dididrumz:

Please when is this meeting?
I don't know yet but most likely in the afternoon!
Do you wish to join them in the meeting grin

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by kane10(m): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2020
The should stop all this blame game, if anyone of them wants to vindicate thereselves the should stop the "closed door meetings" and do the meeting live.. So that Nigeria students and the pubic will kw wats behind. Bcus I see no serious meeting going on

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by Dididrumz(m): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2020
sinkhole:
I don't know yet but most likely in the afternoon!
Do you wish to join them in the meeting grin

Was only asking if it was today or some other day.
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by inteli: 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
OP be informed. ASUU is not on strike because of payment system. ASUU wants FG to honour her agreements with the Union since 2009. FG is simply misleading the public on the reasons for ASUU strike to wip public sympathy and avoid fulfilling their part of those agreements.

So even if payment system is sorted and no will to fulfill her agreements with the Union, I don't think ASUU will call of the strike.

You wouldn't want them to go on another one in three months time again, would you?

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
Dididrumz:

Was only asking if it was today or some other day.

TOMORROW embarassed
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by inteli: 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2020
kane10:
The should stop all this blame game, if anyone of them wants to vindicate thereselves the should stop the "closed door meetings" and do the meeting live.. So that Nigeria students and the pubic will kw wats behind. Bcus I see no serious meeting going on

I would like this too, so we'll get to know who amongst them is telling us the truth
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by oluwagbenga98327: 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
:Was only asking if it was today or some other day. TOMORROW
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
inteli:
OP be informed. ASUU is not on strike because of payment system. ASUU wants FG to honour her agreements with the Union since 2009. FG is simply misleading the public on the reasons for ASUU strike to wip public sympathy and avoid fulfilling their part of those agreements.

So even if payment system is sorted and no will to fulfill her agreements with the Union, I don't think ASUU will call of the strike.

You wouldn't want them to go on another one in three months time again, would you?
From the results of the chains of meetings they have been having, it seems all other things have been sorted out but the main issue now is what platform is to be used to make the payment of salary backlog and earned allowance pending the readiness of UTAS!

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2020
inteli:

I would like this too, so we'll get to know who amongst them is telling us the truth
infact, I want the meeting to be live on TV, just like the useless BB-something grin
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by inteli: 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
sinkhole:
From the results of the chains of meetings they have been having, it seems all other things have been sorted out but the main issue now is what platform is to be used to make the payment of salary backlog and earned allowance pending the readiness of UTAS!

Do you have any proof that other items have been sorted? ASUU has not given any release on this nah.
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2020
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2020
inteli:

Do you have any proof that other items have been sorted? ASUU has not given any release on this nah.
newspaper reports grin which ASUU has never denied cheesy
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by Houston17(m): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2020
sinkhole:

U seem not to know ASUU is as stubborn as FG.
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by naptha: 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
inteli:

ASUU is pretending that they're fighting for the public. They're enjoying tax payers money without work for 8months now. Many of them on IPPIS have received their payment upto date. They're using students as bait. I pray federal government invoke no work no pay after this strike
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by Jung(m): 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
naptha:

ASUU is pretending that they're fighting for the public. They're enjoying tax payers money without work for 8months now. Many of them on IPPIS have received their payment upto date. They're using students as bait. I pray federal government invoke no work no pay after this strike

Better buy sense if you don't have one. Are you the one that registered them on IPPIS?

Just open mouth waaaaa. Haba.

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by seankafor(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
Strike continues and meeting will end in dreadlocks tongue

Even next year sef.. school no sure with the way things are going angry
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
Over this ASUU and FG palaver... I will still continue to blame the government over the longevity of this strike.... No government with good intentions for her citizens will sit and watch students sit at home... Not been properly educated... Even during the 2nd world war students at Germany were still going to school not to now talk about Nigeria that doesn't have any war she is fighting. Believe it or not we are the future of Nigeria.... This administration is not really doing things well with the education sector. GOD HELP MOTHERLAND.

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by joxxy01(m): 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
sinkhole:

Please Bro kindly update us on proceedings as it goes tommorow.
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by paulolee(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2020
nothing changes....the only thing dt can happen is creating of new threads to ask wat next after another inconclusive..

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by emmasege: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2020
If this government cared that the crisis has lingered for so long, Buhari himself should chair tomorrow's meeting but as usual Ngige and Education Minister will chair the meeting and the Cabal will insist on IPPIS or nothing.

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by NollyMedia(f): 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2020
As long as NANS remains deaf and dumb to this strike issue, it is likely to linger.

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by Saintinoo(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2020
sinkhole:

Going by what ASUU chairman said in his latest interview, i think point 4 and 6 and maye 3 will happen tomorrow... Students should be ready for a prolonged strike by next year June atleast.

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2020
Saintinoo:

Going by what ASUU chairman said in his latest interview, i think point 4 and 6 and maye 3 will happen tomorrow... Students should be ready for a prolonged strike by next year June atleast.
From the rumours I have been getting self, some lecturers, not captured on IPPIS, have started getting some sporadic arrears payments through IPPIS (na rumour o, no con dey quote me o cheesy )

You see that number 5, no be say d UTAS dey bad o, na government go make d result negative, abi no be government no wan UTAS and na dem still dey test am and na dem go talk weda he pass or fail! Wetin u tink say dem go talk?

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by sinkhole: 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2020
joxxy01:
Please Bro kindly update us on proceedings as it goes tommorow.
Haba chairman, a bi one of dem? How I go con dey give you proceedings of wetin I no dey? cool embarassed

Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by rollybest(m): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
Doradorwa:
Over this ASUU and FG palaver... I will still continue to blame the government over the longevity of this strike.... No government with good intentions for her citizens will sit and watch students sit at home... Not been properly educated... Even during the 2nd world war students at Germany were still going to school not to now talk about Nigeria that doesn't have any war she is fighting. Believe it or not we are the future of Nigeria.... This administration is not really doing things well with the education sector. GOD HELP MOTHERLAND.
My love, you have really been following ASUU thread. You hope shall not be let down
Re: What May Happen At FG ASUU Meeting of Wednesday 4th of November, 2020! by rollybest(m): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
NollyMedia:
As long as NANS remains deaf and dumb to this strike issue, it is likely to linger.
Who is the NANS president? Is he an undergraduate? No. So it won't concern him

Uniabuja's Second List Is Out / D0es UNN or ESUT accepts NABTEB NTC result as an o-level result. / 2012/213 Federal Government Scholarship

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68