Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Blackberry 8320 App Error - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 8320 App Error (1977 Views)

MTN Nigeria Fine Increased To $3.9 Billion After Regulator Error / BB Q10 Keeps On Restarting Displaying Error 'www.bberror.com/bb10-0020[SOLVED] / Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry 8320 App Error by Realtol(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2011
pls help me out ma BB is not working after downloading blackberry application manager and snaptu whenever i press menu key it display white background nothing again. I can only call, send msg and browse through wi-fi. It's fairly used phone (vodafone unlocked) it's freaking me out and i'm afraid of losing this phone. When i bought it no software was given to me even charger and usb cable i bought them by myself. Pls ur help is highly needed.
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by tiatma: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2011
Realtol:

pls help me out ma BB is not working after downloading blackberry application manager and snaptu whenever i press menu key it display white background nothing again. I can only call, send msg and browse through wi-fi. It's fairly used phone (vodafone unlocked) it's freaking me out and i'm afraid of losing this phone. When i bought it no software was given to me even charger and usb cable i bought them by myself. Pls your help is highly needed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perform a hard reset by following the below steps

1 - Remove the back cover from the BlackBerry and remove its battery. Once the battery has been removed, re- inserted it again after 5 seconds.
2 - After the BlackBerry fully boots up, if the App Error still appears on the phone, note the App Error number and report it back here
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by Realtol(m): 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2011
The App Error number is 523. I have done what you advised, no changes, pls help me out. I can only call, send sms, the menu is not displaying.
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by tiatma: 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2011
Realtol:

The App Error number is 523. I have done what you advised, no changes, pls help me out. I can only call, send sms, the menu is not displaying.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't panic. Its ba not bad yet

OS is probably corrupt and you'll likely might end needing to reload the software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a USB cable

It was a vodafone provisioned phone isnt it but which Vodafone?

Do you know which region? Vodafone UK? etc

Have you previously been able to send and receive email messages on the phone before?

Have you previously been able to send and receive PIN messages on the phone before?

Without pressing the BlackBerry menu button yet what is currently displaying on the phone?

What network indicator status are you seeing on the phone? Is it GSM, gprs, GPRS, edge, EDGE or 3G?

Do you have a data plan at all? Did you subscribed for BES or BIS provisioning?

Provide replies to the above for the next line of action and instructions to resolve the issue
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by NumberOne2(m): 8:36am On Mar 14, 2011
I've had this problem once, almost made me regret buying a BB. However, you don't have to be a genius to tackle it.

What is the OS version of your BB? Its most likely you recently installed an app which has compatibility issues with your device. Try deleting recently installed apps and do a battery pull (hard reset).

If this doesn't work, you'll have to reinstall your OS. To do that, visit BB website and search for OS version of your phone and the Network you use. The OS versions are different on different networks. e.g. There is an OS version for Glo, MTN etc. Download the one for your current network, install it on your PC, plug your BB to your PC via USB and follow the intructions on the PC OS update software.

Make sure NOTHING interrupts the OS update until its complete. Also make sure your BB battery is fully charged before you begin. Charge it overnight if your have to.
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by Realtol(m): 8:55am On Mar 14, 2011
thanks i'm not able to open the menu. And i don't have desktop manager even if i'm lucky to download new OS from net.
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by NumberOne2(m): 9:15am On Mar 14, 2011
You don't need the Desktop Manager to install the OS. The OS update software acts like a Desktop manager. Its just like installing a windows software. It takes you on a step by step procedure.
If you need the Desktop Manager, you can download it from the BB website also, but you dont need it for OS update.
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by tiatma: 9:52am On Mar 14, 2011
Realtol:

thanks i'm not able to open the menu. And i don't have desktop manager even if i'm lucky to download new OS from net.

^^^^^^^
What is displaying on the phone right now?

Without pressing the BlackBerry menu button yet what is currently displaying on the phone?
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by Realtol(m): 4:45pm On Mar 14, 2011
@number_one thanks for the clarification. @tiatma on the home screen it displays calls log, text msg and mms, voice mail options and an icon with 1 written on it (which was not there prior to the incidence). Whenever i press menu it just displays blank screen nothing. I can browse by choosing switch application option, i can even edit my profiles. After all that nothing again. I have tried to download the OS software but i couldn't. Pls help me out if u hv the stuff i'm in Oyo town and OAU student, i can come if u are closeby, u can drop ur number if u think u can help me. Thank you all!
Re: Blackberry 8320 App Error by tiatma: 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Cant Browse Wit Glo On My Nokia C3: Help / Glo Should Go And Die!! / How Can I Download Videos From Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.