Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:50 AM

Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? (695 Views)

Tinubu Appointments So Far Confirms Media Skewed Accusations Of Nepotism On Buha / NNPC - Northern Nigeria Petroleum Company - Nepotism On Steroids / Buhari's Nepotism On Steroids! By Dr.farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Judah95(m): 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
Today, I searched out a luxurious apartment to rent in Lagos. I contacted the Landlord through the House Agent. Guess the question the Landlord asked?

"Are you from the yoruba tribe? I only want a yoruba individual to occupy this apartment"

I was shocked! Since I wasn't a yoruba man, he refused me to rent his place.

Guys , don't you think Nigeria is gradually playing tribal/nepotistic same "racist" character eschewed in other countries ?

Who has experienced such too?
Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by NNEWIsuper: 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2020
Yes there is tribalism all over Nigeria.. Is not just the Yorubas alone though.. Even your own tribe will be guilty.. In Anambala some of them don't even rent house to some people from certain parts of Igboland.. So what will you call that one.. The man refused an Ngwá man rent

4 Likes

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Blackmoran(m): 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
what kind of question is this or are you just new on this forum? go to political and crime section to find your answers...

1 Like

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Commonsense99: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2020
grin
It has always been at the peak since the days of Ahmadu Bello, You just got your fair share of the National stvpidity.
Funny thing is, that Landlord who refused given you an apartment will still be the first to say other tribes are bad.

1 Like

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Judah95(m): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
Blackmoran:
what kind of question is this or are you just new on this forum?
go to political and crime section to find your answers...

Think before you comment. This is the politics section. Your moniker says it all, you are actually a slowpoke.
Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by MusaChukwudi: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2020
IGBO, stay at home so we can have less tribalism in Nigeria. Nigerian constitution does not automatically make an Igbo a Yoruba man. Respect your hosts and keep your dirty nose out of other people’s politics and homeland business.

Igbo are the only group complaining about tribalism in Nigeria!

The remedy is STAY in your Igbo land!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
Yes there is tribalism all over Nigeria.. Is not just the Yorubas alone though.. Even your own tribe will be guilty.. In Anambala some of them don't even rent house to some people from certain parts of Igboland.. So what will you call that one

That's good.

1 Like

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
On this issue, I must say, we Nigerians have failed woefully it wasn't this bad in the 90s and the worst part of it is that most of us claim to be civilized but our level of civility is nothing to tell of.

Change begins with "us" let join hands to change this narrative, me inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
MusaChukwudi:
IGBO, stay at home so we can have less tribalism in Nigeria. Nigerian constitution does not automatically make an Igbo a Yoruba man. Respect your hosts and keep your dirty nose out of other people’s politics and homeland business.

Igbo are the only group complaining about tribalism in Nigeria!

The remedy is STAY in your Igbo land!!!!!
Nairaland need to install "cain" emoji so we can be Caining some peoples buttocks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by MusaChukwudi: 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2020
wizzyrich:
Nairaland need to install "cain" emoji so we can be Caining some peoples buttocks.

You hate the truth!

Igbo are the only tribe who cry tribalism everywhere. Stay in your homeland and you will not experience tribalism.

Nigeria is not a homogeneous country, we are a collection of tribal individual nation that the British recklessly coupled together and perpetuated based on military constitution - without referendum!

Tell any tribe to go home, they will tell you “sure”

Tell Igbo to go home and they will be throwing fits and cursing! Are the ghosts of your ancestors pursuing you people?

1 Like

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Kaylet: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
My brother, please don't take it to heart too much, it happens everywhere in the world.

Since you limited it to Nigeria, let me speak unbiased.
Some people feel Yorubas are dirty, so they don't give them their houses to live, on the contrary, some people feel the Igbos don't maintain your house well.

We have a house in Ìgandò of four flats, the igbos occupants in the building didn't pay rentage as when due and finally left or ran with the debt as well as NEPA bill that accrued to N120k, well this was caused by the agent we gave the house to.

This thing is an individual decision, if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
Yes there is tribalism all over Nigeria.. Is not just the Yorubas alone though.. Even your own tribe will be guilty.. In Anambala some of them don't even rent house to some people from certain parts of Igboland.. So what will you call that one

maybe all these Abakaliki people .... it's because of their behavior...bunch of barbarians
Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

You hate the truth!

Igbo are the only tribe who cry tribalism everywhere. Stay in your homeland and you will not experience tribalism.

Nigeria is not a homogeneous country, we are a collection of tribal individual nation that the British recklessly coupled together and perpetuated based on military constitution - without referendum!

Tell any tribe to go home, they will tell you “sure”

Tell Igbo to go home and they will be throwing fits and cursing! Are the ghosts of your ancestors pursuing you people?

just listen to your self ......well thats how decendants of Afonja that dwells on brown roof dilapidated buildings thinks...

even a cow reasons better than you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by Seerade029: 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
Emyzoloye5:

maybe all these Abakaliki people .... it's because of their behavior...bunch of barbarians

You see what we're saying
Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
Judah95:
Today, I searched out a luxurious apartment to rent in Lagos. I contacted the Landlord through the House Agent. Guess the question the Landlord asked?

"Are you from the yoruba tribe? I only want a yoruba individual to occupy this apartment"

I was shocked! Since I wasn't a yoruba man, he refused me to rent his place.

Guys , don't you think Nigeria is gradually playing tribal/nepotistic same "racist" character eschewed in other countries ?

Who has experienced such too?

This is not new. You just dont have historical perspective and thought its new. Nigeria, in the 60s, specifically in Lagos, had same questions when my grandfather came from East looking for place to stay in West.
Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by NNEWIsuper: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2020
Emyzoloye5:

Nop.. Someone from ngwa in Abia state... Besides if you justify that then the yoruba man who refused this igbo man rent bc he's from Igbo should not also be blamed because he views igbos as evil and barbaric and the cycle continues.. So??
Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by NNEWIsuper: 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2020
Seerade029:

You see what we're saying
Yeah he wants to justify why they won't rent out a house to their fellow igbos and condemn why a yoruba won't rent out house to yoruba.. That's hypocrisy
Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by NNEWIsuper: 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
Emyzoloye5:

just listen to your self ......well thats how decendants of Afonja that dwells on brown roof dilapidated buildings thinks...

even a cow reasons better than you
Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J rule 2
Re: Is Tribalism And Nepotism On The Rise In Nigeria? by 4four(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
wizzyrich:
On this issue, I must say, we Nigerians have failed woefully it wasn't this bad in the 90s and the worst part of it is that most of us claim to be civilized but our level of civility is nothing to tell of.

Change begins with "us" let join hands to change this narrative, me inclusive.
what are you expecting when we have leaders that are the biggest patrons of tribalism

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Shooting:cnn Carried Out Hatchet Job On The Army–international Journalists / I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / Govs Must Build Ruga For Fulani Herdsmen In Their States For Peace To Reign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.