Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process (407 Views)

Nigerians Receive FG Grant for Nano Bizs As Promised By President Tinubu / FG Grant Received (Picture Added) / 99.9% Households Yet To Receive FG’s Cash Transfer – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by TheRareGem1(f): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2020
Artisans who have benefited from the Federal Government’s Survival Fund have begun giving testimonials to other citizens, encouraging them to also register.

The beneficiaries also stressed that they did not know anyone in government before they benefited from the grant designed to cushion the effect of COVID-19 on artisans across the country.

The beneficiaries told journalists that the transparency of the Guaranteed Takeoff will build the trust between the citizens and the government.

Uchechukwu Ipogu who is a trader in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, noted that although the money was not enough to solve all his problems, he was grateful to have benefitted. “I am a furniture maker; my shop is located at kobo furniture market, along Nyanya-Keffi expressway.

I benefitted from the survival fund and artisans track. I benefitted and received 30,000 from the federal government, actually the money was not enough but it helped me to a certain level,” Ipogu said.

Artisans have begun to receive N30,000 one-time grant to support their businesses
Artisans have begun to receive N30,000 one-time grant to support their businesses

Artisans who have benefited from the Federal Government’s Survival Fund have begun giving testimonials to other citizens, encouraging them to also register.

The beneficiaries also stressed that they did not know anyone in government before they benefited from the grant designed to cushion the effect of COVID-19 on artisans across the country.

The beneficiaries told journalists that the transparency of the Guaranteed Takeoff will build the trust between the citizens and the government.

ESP: Payment of N30,000 grants to artisans begin
Another artisan who benefited was Abdulraji Olanrewaju. “I am a panel beater in Abuja and I am excited about receiving the N30,000 one-time grant for artisans. I thank the Federal Government and pray God will continue to help them to make Nigeria better so that they can keep helping us.

For Latesha Ugwuaku, she believes this is a new avenue for the government to continue to support small businesses. “I make beddings, duvets in Kubo market Abuja. I received the N30,000, and the money helped my business a lot and immediately I got the alert I shouted for joy and put the money in my business. I will also be expecting payment for November.”

Esther Ugu who sells pillows said she initially did not believe the Guarantee Takeoff when she was first told. “I make pillow cases and initially we thought it was a rumor but when I received the money I was indeed happy and shouted for joy. The money helped my business as I was able to buy materials for my pillow cases.”

A mechanic who works in Apo, Abuja also confirmed receipt of the N30,000 one-off grant. Habib Ibrahim said, “I am a mechanic in Apo, Abuja. I received the one time grant of N30,000 and appreciate the Federal Government”.

Desmond Zacchor was not happy to have received just N30,000. “I am a furniture maker in Kubo market Abuja. I received N30,000 from the Survival Fund and the money was too poor for my kind of business and I will be needing more of it,” he said.

It would be recalled that the Federal Government through Vice President Yemi Osinbajo initiated the Economic Sustainability Plan to provide stimulus packages for Nigerians across all sectors including artisans.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2020/11/artisans-receive-fg-grant-laud-process/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEE5KCIQjDs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by Thunder1010: 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
Survival fund is one one the plans by the federal government to ease Nigerians of the pains by covid19 pandemic.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by BigSarah(f): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
Survival fund? Sure that’s the way to make Nigerians prosper giving meager handouts...
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by okefrancis: 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
A lot of people are testifying to the federal government grants and that's a good thing and to show that they really fulfill their promised
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by Davash222(m): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
Story!
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by lindareep: 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2020
Na only Abuja dem dey share the money ni? wink
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by Karlifate: 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
But why are all the beneficiaries from a single location

So, it is only Abuja artisans that needs to survive.

Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by Openbusiness: 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
Cheap lies
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by Openbusiness: 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2020
Karlifate:
But why are all the beneficiaries from a single location?

So, it is only Abuja artisans that needs to survive.
which beneficiaries? These one are acting movie grin
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by Karlifate: 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
Openbusiness:
which beneficiaries? These one are acting movie grin

Hahaha...
Let's just play along. cheesy
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by onoms4luv(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2020
This country funny die, @Op you dun go collect small thing take put up this movie bah...
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by Thunder1010: 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
lindareep:
Na only Abuja dem dey share the money ni? wink
Wait for your turn
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by lindareep: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2020
Thunder1010:
Wait for your turn

grin
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by TheRareGem1(f): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
onoms4luv:
This country funny die, @Op you dun go collect small thing take put up this movie bah...

Onoms, you forget say na not of us go collect. You wan make i cast you
Re: Artisans Receive FG Grant, Commend The Process by nneka97224: 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
Survival fund? Sure that’s the way to make Nigerians prosper giving meager handouts...

(1) (Reply)

Fg’s Revenue Hit By Oil Production Cut Will End Soon —osinbajo / APC: Umahi, Senator Abbo Defected To Us Because PDP Is Broke / REVEALED : Why Gov. Ikpeazu Suspended His Chief Of Staff, Agbazuere (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.