Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website (471 Views)

How To Improve Core Web Vitals For An Ecommerce Website? / Need An Ecommerce Website Or An Online Store? Get In Here / Need An Ecommerce Website? Check Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by Playthepianos: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello, Nairalanders.

So, I want to build an Ecommerce website like Amazon, and I am at the research stage. I am still trying to see what works and what doesn't.

I have experience with WordPress. I can easily build a store with the right theme and plugins, and this will cost me less.

But the kind of store I want to build, I am thinking WordPress may be limited to handle it.

I want something professional like Amazon, or maybe Jumia.

With good dashboards etc.

For this kind of project, do you think I should rather hire a web designer or use Shopify in place of WordPress?

I don't want to start something now and later switch the whole of the website to another host again.

Thanks.

Nichesiteseo, Webincomeplus, and all other professionals, help please.
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by webincomeplus(m): 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2020
Playthepianos:

Hello, Nairalanders.

So, I want to build an Ecommerce website like Amazon, and I am at the research stage. I am still trying to see what works and what doesn't.

I have experience with WordPress. I can easily build a store with the right theme and plugins, and this will cost me less.

But the kind of store I want to build, I am thinking WordPress may be limited to handle it.

For this kind of project, do you think I should rather hire a web designer or use Shopify in place of WordPress?

I don't want to start something now and later switch the whole of the website to another host again.

Thanks.

I would advise you to start small with Woocommerce or Shopify. In any case, your best bet is to hire an expert to build and blend things perfectly.
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by DC49: 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2020
"I want something professional like Amazon, or maybe Jumia."

Since what you need is definitely not a simple store front, I would advise you to get a competent developer to set it up for you. It may cost you though. Check my signature for contact details if you need to talk more.
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by Thenaijaever(m): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2020
Playthepianos:

Hello, Nairalanders.

Thanks.

Dm let me show u my samples comes with up to 4 payment gateways...
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by LMServices: 11:01am On Nov 04, 2020
Playthepianos:

Hello, Nairalanders.

Thanks.

Here's something you need to know. Start small. Focus on possibly Woocommerce. There are intricate functionality and designs WordPress will conveniently do. It's all about the depth of your developmental skill and understanding of the framework of the marketplaces you mention.

Just rounded off something very similar to this for a client and it is ready to launch.

Should you be willing, I could take this up and integrate all of your ideas into it. Kindly send a message on WhatsApp. Link is in the signature.
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by Playthepianos: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2020
LMServices:

Here's something you need to know. Start small. Focus on possibly Woocommerce. There are intricate functionality and designs WordPress will conveniently do. It's all about the depth of your developmental skill and understanding of the framework of the marketplaces you mention.

Just rounded off something very similar to this for a client and it is ready to launch.

Should you be willing, I could take this up and integrate all of your ideas into it. Kindly send a message on WhatsApp. Link is in the signature.

Thanks. But what if there is a need to expand? How will I move the whole of the site when there are hundreds of products? Is it possible for a web designer to upload a wordpress backup?
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by Playthepianos: 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
Thank you for your candid opinion, sir.

webincomeplus:

In any case, your best bet is to hire an expert to build and blend things perfectly.

Do you mean an expert website designer or a woocommerce expert?
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by Playthepianos: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2020
Thenaijaever:

Dm let me show u my samples comes with up to 4 payment gateways...

Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by Playthepianos: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
DC49:
"I want something professional like Amazon, or maybe Jumia."

Since what you need is definitely not a simple store front, I would advise you to get a competent developer to set it up for you. It may cost you though. Check my signature for contact details if you need to talk more.

But these features are available on wordpress.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by LMServices: 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2020
Playthepianos:

Thanks. But what if there is a need to expand? How will I move the whole of the site when there are hundreds of products? Is it possible for a web designer to upload a wordpress backup?
Even when you are expanding, understand that WordPress and Woocommerce are so robust that it can take just about anything, regardless of the size and number of users. Some of the now popular stores in the UK are powered by Woocommerce and are placed on VPS rather than shared hosting. Creating a back up of a store with over 2000 products and migrating the same to another place is easily doable with WordPress and you won't lose any thing.

Any WordPress website can be backed up, migrated or moved to another domain name or elsewhere at all. It is wise to start small and prepare your mind for growth. However, engage a web hosting provider that won't give you tons of headache when the time to do certain things come. We can conveniently make this decision for based on hosting providers we have worked with and our experiences on how they treat eCommerce platforms.
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:24am On Nov 06, 2020
LMServices:

I’m always for no-code.

Shopify!
Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by mcqwerty(m): 9:09am On Nov 06, 2020
I would not recommend Woocommerce or shopify.

In this case which you want to be as big as amazon, then you might need to go for Magento or a lesser alternative like OpenCart.

You might need to get your Developer to customize the UI or purchase a premium theme and extensions to achieve what you want.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mcqwerty

1 Like

Re: I Want To Build An Ecommerce Website by olu122: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2020
Playthepianos:

Hello, Nairalanders.

Thanks.

kindly contact us we are affordable

(1) (Reply)

Mobile App Developer Needed / Statistics Of Tech Hubs In Nigeria / Need Adsense Arbitrage Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.