Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria (9032 Views)

5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary / Cost Of Starting A Community Fm Radio Station / Starting A Community Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:02am On Mar 14, 2011
Following on from: Starting an Hot air Balloon Business in Nigeria

I wonder what it would be like starting up a community cinema/hall business located in upcoming state capitals or under served areas of major cities in Nigeria, and or located close to Universities campus or hostels

The Cinemas will be operated with standard readily available projectors capable of producing brilliant pictures for small light controlled rooms with a capacity of 80-100 seats; operating 4days-Thursday,Friday,Saturday and Sunday; 4 films a day except environmental Saturdays

The building will mainly be an abandoned building or under-used hall with high ceilings, to be renovated and tastefully refurbished for a two screen style cinema.

The main hall space will be available for adverts, small eatery operators will be able to rent space for snacks/drinks or it can be don't in-house, whichever will bring in the money

The films erm I think will mainly be 50% second run already available on DVD but very popular, 30% independent films from English speaking countries, 10% first run, 10%+ Nigerian depending on how friendly movies makers are
to sharing profits.

Main Selling points

Small friendly environment but not tacky
Small upcoming underserved towns or areas in cities
4Days operating days
50% of employees are student working part-time mostly weekends
A wide variety of films
minimum/no competition outside the big cities
Cheap tickets reflecting the host environment
Revenue from adverts before and After films

So people what do you think?? Sink or Swim

2 Likes

Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:56am On Mar 14, 2011
would it?

1 Like

Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:11am On Mar 22, 2011
na wa o

wetin do the business section for this site?

too much, forex and adverts eh
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by plutonian: 3:56am On Sep 28, 2011
Hi Disguy,

Swim, Definitely. Community Cinemas are a way to make cinema widely available, and is not new.

We should talk further. I have some questions for you, as we can see your interests in this area and our company wants to discuss bringing you on-board under one of our models/spin of a new model with you in charge. Some things we'd want to discuss with you amongst others are:
- What your area/market focus is. Do you already have a concrete plan on specific locations you have researched, the costs and reception by the public.
- how your finances are relating to the implementation.

What is your contact? PM me or post a reply here lets discuss further. Cheers.
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by Benemond(m): 12:13am On Jul 18, 2015
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by spygadgets(m): 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
I have an empty plot around iyana IPAJA area.. Do u think it can fly if i construct from the scratch.. A twin medium sized cinema..

1 Like

Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by businessguide: 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2018
Visit www.businessguide.com.ng to view a comprehensive guide on how to start and run a cinema business.
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by Elslim: 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
DisGuy:
Following on from: Starting an Hot air Balloon Business in Nigeria

I wonder what it would be like starting up a community cinema/hall business located in upcoming state capitals or under served areas of major cities in Nigeria, and or located close to Universities campus or hostels

The Cinemas will be operated with standard readily available projectors capable of producing brilliant pictures for small light controlled rooms with a capacity of 80-100 seats; operating 4days-Thursday,Friday,Saturday and Sunday; 4 films a day except environmental Saturdays

The building will mainly be an abandoned building or under-used hall with high ceilings, to be renovated and tastefully refurbished for a two screen style cinema.

The main hall space will be available for adverts, small eatery operators will be able to rent space for snacks/drinks or it can be don't in-house, whichever will bring in the money

The films erm I think will mainly be 50% second run already available on DVD but very popular, 30% independent films from English speaking countries, 10% first run, 10%+ Nigerian depending on how friendly movies makers are
to sharing profits.

Main Selling points

Small friendly environment but not tacky
Small upcoming underserved towns or areas in cities
4Days operating days
50% of employees are student working part-time mostly weekends
A wide variety of films
minimum/no competition outside the big cities
Cheap tickets reflecting the host environment
Revenue from adverts before and After films

So people what do you think?? Sink or Swim

8years later how did it go my guy

1 Like

Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by DisGuy: 5:45am On Apr 04, 2019
Elslim:

8years later how did it go my guy

Dis Guy was just in wondering land then

1 Like

Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by tck2000(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2019
DisGuy:

Lol
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by onibokun10(m): 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
DisGuy:

It is easier said than done. The plan is dope, maybe funds stopped the idea

1 Like

Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by joeyreports: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2020
Cinema business is a growing business in Nigeria...
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by mrsage(m): 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2020
How far?
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by projectandpages: 1:44am On Sep 17, 2021
Starting a cinema business in Nigeria or anywhere across Africa is now easier and cheaper.

Consider Viewmax Entertainment as your partner in your journey of running a successful cinema business.

Viewmax is an entertainment technology company that operates a network of partner cinemas across Africa. The company will provide you with access to premium movies using their equipment installed in your cinema to show movies.

Viewmax also has an app that makes it easier for customers to buy tickets and locate your cinema easily.

Save your self the huge cost of buying cinema equipment that costs thousands of dollars. Kick off your cinema in just a couple of days!

In addition, Viewmax is particularly interested in community cinemas close to where potential customers live (housing estates, schools, and residential communities). Preferably with a seating capacity of at least 50 seats and a maximum of 80seats.

Get started: https://licensing.viewmax.com.ng
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by seglabsy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 14, 2021
GO AND REVIEW MY 20YRS BAN ON TRAVEL SECTION BEFORE I FIRE U WITH SICKNESS,HONESTLY UNLESS U DONT DRINK WATER
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:32am On Oct 15, 2021
seglabsy:
GO AND REVIEW MY 20YRS BAN ON TRAVEL SECTION BEFORE I FIRE U WITH SICKNESS,HONESTLY UNLESS U DONT DRINK WATER

Did you break the rule?
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by seglabsy(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2021
DisGuy:

Did you break the rule?
I DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND,EVEN IF I BREAK THE RULE HE CAN BAN ME FOR ONE MONTH INSTEAD OF 20YRS,IS HE SURE HE WOULD BE ALIVE TILL 2040?,PLS DO SOME TO IT OO
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by seglabsy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
DisGuy:

Did you break the rule?
YOU PEOPLE ARE YET TO REVIEW MY BAN,WHY?
Re: Start-up: Starting A Community Cinema Hall In Nigeria by projectandpages: 1:57am On Oct 20, 2021
Starting a cinema business in Nigeria or anywhere across Africa is now easier and cheaper.

Consider Viewmax Entertainment as your partner in your journey of running a successful cinema business.

Viewmax is an entertainment technology company that operates a network of partner cinemas across Africa. The company will provide you with access to premium movies using their equipment installed in your cinema to show movies.

Viewmax also has an app that makes it easier for customers to buy tickets and locate your cinema easily.

Save your self the huge cost of buying cinema equipment that costs thousands of dollars. Kick off your cinema in just a couple of days!

In addition, Viewmax is particularly interested in community cinemas close to where potential customers live (housing estates, schools, and residential communities). Preferably with a seating capacity of at least 50 seats and a maximum of 80seats.

Get started: https://licensing.viewmax.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

GTBank Made N165bn Profit In 2016 – Agbaje / Nigeria Naira Appreciates To N364 Per Dollar In Parallel Market / Innoson Files Motion For Stay Of Execution Over Arrest Warrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.