Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 (3276 Views)

Help a nairalander.......Please We Need Your Help (vote) To Win This Contest.... / Tolu Needs Your Vote To Advance His Music Career. Time Sensitive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 by jawosin(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2007
Amen awards is taking place this sunday at the civic center. Vote for 9ice as your best new artist, send 9ice C301 TO 33056. pass this message along, Also pick up the latest encomium magazine to find out more about the awards. If anyone is going to attend the award please take a camera so that you can share pictures with us.
Re: Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 by kosikosi: 5:33am On Jul 05, 2007
who won

name please
thank u
Re: Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 by omogenaija(f): 5:39am On Jul 05, 2007
kosikosi:

who won

name please
thank u

i was gonna ask the same question
Re: Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 by omogenaija(f): 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2007
the winners : source http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=17213

Although the much publicised ninth edition of the Awards for Musical Excellence in Nigeria (AMEN), held at the CivicCentre, Victoria Island, Lagos, has come and gone, its memories will linger in the minds of those that attended the event, especially the winners. Speaking with Entertainment Cafe, winners in the various categories, expressed satisfaction about the event

P-Square: We are very glad we won in the awards despite the fact that we don't have any new work in the market. What this means is that people still appreciate what we did two years ago. We were not able to attend the event because we had a show outside Lagos.

Original Stereoman (Ekwe): Whoever wins an award must be a happy man. We are very grateful to the organisers and our fans. The award is a great achievement to us and this shows that we have a future in the music industry.

Weird MC: I am happy for winning an award at the event and this makes me feel great. I am not disappointed at all for not winning more than one, rather, I want to seize this opportunity to show appreciation to the organisers and my fans. And for being one of the comperes at the event, it was a wonderful experience.

Don Jazzy (Speaking on behalf of his artiste, D’banj): Oh! Did we win at the event? We were not in Lagos. We travelled and have just returned.

Azeezat: I feel very happy and fulfilled. It was a whole load of hard work, recording the album and I am really happy, because it is a new album. For me, it is the beginning of good things and I believe I still have more awards to win.

Wasiu Alabi Pasuma: I thank God that my album Maintain and Sustain won in two categories. That shows that I have stamped my authority in the fuji music scene. I will maintain and will continue to sustain the tempo.

Tunde Samson: Thank God that at last, He has crowned my efforts. This award will encourage me to continue to work hard because the reward for hard work is more work.

Abel Dosunmu (Megga 99): Winning the AMEN Award for the second time is a thing of joy. I thank God for the consistency and I hope to strive to work very hard because I want to win it every year.

Award Winners At A Glance
*Best Newspaper With Indigenous Music Content
- Saturday Independent
*Best SoftSell With Indigenous Music Continent
-Global Excellence
*Best Music Journal
-Bubbles Magazine
*Best Radio Station With Indigenous Music Continent
-Metro FM
*Best TV Station With Indigenous Music Continent
-Galaxy TV
*Salawa Abeni Music Writer Of The Year
-Peter Thomas (Global Excellence)
* Best Music Presenter On Radio
-Olisa Adibua (Cool FM)
*Best Radio DJ
-DJ Humility (Rhythm FM)
*Best Music presenter On TV
-Deji Falope (Sound City)
*Corporate sponsor Of The Year
-Nigerian Breweries Plc
*Marketer Of The Year
-Tjoe
*Best Recording Label
-Storm Records
*Concert Of The Year
-ThisDay Music Festival
*Bayowa Artiste Manager Of The Year
-Efe Omorogbe
*Best Choreography Dance (Musical Video)
-P-Square (Your Name)
*Best Picture (Musical Video)
-Escalade (Dare Art-Alade)
*Best Costume (Musical Video)
-Lagbaja
*Best Special Effect (Musical Video)
-Gino
*Best Editing (Musical Video)
-Olori Oko
*Best Musical Video Director
-DJ Tee (Escalade)
*Most Popular Song
-Ijo ya (Wield MC)
*Best Group/Duo Performance
-P-Square
*Upcoming Act Of The Year
-Asa
*Best Male Vocalist
-Paul Play
*Lux Best Female Vocalist
-Esther Abigbo (Resonance)
*Best Contemporary Islamic Album
-Alhaji Bolaji Bello - Good Morning Mohammed.
*Best Islamic Talk Album
-Sheik Muyideen Bello - Agan Adanwo
*Best Traditional Islamic Album
-Alhaji Waheed Yusuf Ariyo - Imo
*Timi Alaibe Best Contemporary Gospel Album
-Infinity - Olori Oko
*Planet Press Best Gospel Chorus (Praise & Worship Album)
-RCCG Praise Team High Praise 1
*Best Traditional Gospel Album
-Rosemary Chukwu - God Cover Me.
*Perfect Printers Best Gospel Instrumental Album
-Mike Aremu - Unveiled
*Sogo Agboola Best Juju Album
-Tunde Samson - My Joy
*Glo Best Juju Vocal Performance
-Mega 99
*Orange Drugs Best Highlife Album
-Papa & Mama - Oliver De Coque
*NB Plc Best Alternative Music Album
-Lagbaja - Africano
*Silvermette Best Album
-Pasuma - Maintain & Sustain
*Best Fuji Song
-Wisdom & Correction (Barrister)
*Best Fuji Vocal Performance
- Adewale Ayuba
*Orangootan Best Collaboration song
-Nigga Raw/Klint - Obodo
*Skye Bank Best R&B Vocal Performance (Male)
-Paul Play
*Access Bank Best R&B Vocal Performance (Female)
-Azeezat
*Zenith Bank Best R&B Song
Paul play - Forever
*Oceanic Bank Best R&B Album
-Paul play - Hits Ville
*Best Rap Song
-Gino - If No Be God
*SPG Best Rap Vocal
-Modemire
*Myke Ikoku Best Dancehall/Raggae Album
-Original Stereoman - Ekwe
*Kwara State Government Best Pop Album
-Grass 2 Grace (Tuface)
*Best New Duo or Group
-Infinity
*Best New Act (Male)
-Soul E
*Best New Act (Female)
-Bouqui
*First Inland Bank Best Recording Engineer
-John Onasanya (Maintain & Sustain)
*UBA song Of The Year
-Why Me (D’banj)
*Producer Of The Year
-OJB (For Instance)
*Album Of The Year
-Grass 2 Grace (Tuface)
UBA Act Of The Year
(D’banj)
—Compiled by Bayo Adetu, Olatunji Saliu & Lois Okereke
Re: Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 by tosinadeda: 1:42am On Jul 07, 2007
I think i like pasuma's quote most. And how on earth did paul play win male vocalist of the year?
Happy 4 infinity
Re: Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 by Snoop001(m): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2007
am happy my girl got an award, BOUQUI
Re: Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 by Fadajasi(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2007
Amen award wo,4 where,how,when,what,which one?
Re: Amen Awards This Sunday: Send Sms Vote To 33056 by omogenaija(f): 6:00am On Jul 22, 2007

(1) (Reply)

Video: Olamide On Jimmy’s Jump Off / Which Artiste Are You Dying To See Perform? / Chris Brown - Kiss Kiss African Remix(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.