Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,341 members, 7,836,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera (8514 Views)

Nigerian Pilot Loses Life To Explosive After Raid On Boko Haram Group. Photos / Masquerade’s Followers Kill Islamic Cleric In Abeokuta / FG To Tackle JAMBS Another Boko-Haram Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2011
martyns303:

am tired of ppl coming here to say islam is a ''peaceful' religion, do these pigs think ppl here are silly? Or we can't see or hear or reason? Anytime there's a large man slaughter muslim ''must'' be responsible and fact is they have their religious backing for their act. Even the Aboki that sells sweet right infront of your house has a dagger under is bed and won't hesitate to use it at the slightess provocation. I ain't trynna be sentimental, this whole thing is just annoying!
What about the large number of people killed during
ife/modakeke, itsekiri/urhobo, umuleri/agwuleri
Of course the French war of religion, St Bartholomew's days massacre
WWI and WWII - involved large scale killings
are those people muslims?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2011
kasiem:

@ nagoma, its risible to see u bloop, in respect of covering up your much revered cult(islam). If u abnegate urself 4rm being mendacious and face things in pragmatic ways, u'll decolonize urself 4rm the shackles of delusion. Sharia (which is popular among u muslims)fosters violence against women. Why is that everytime this issue of violence is raised, u guys will rush to dissociate urselves 4rm it? But, u guy will covertly implore your irresponsible almajiris to uphold it as a guarantee of entering paradise. I stand by my word, that islam as a religion loathe peace and it(islam) is nuissance to this universe.
Please provide proof for your assertion. I know that the Bible says women should keep quiet in the church and should submit to their husbands in everything
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
chino11:

ISLAM = VIOLENCE AND FRACAS. No wonder the north has remain so backward and undeveloped despite being in power for four decades. The north has contributed nothing to the socio/economic development of Nigeria, except violence. We are saying no to anything north in aso rock, not even Buhari a bigot who called for the islamisation of Nigeria. You almajiris are drawing us back in this country.
I am not sure that the world cup is to be hosted by Qatar because of islam and backwardness
A lot of Nigerians (including natives of Awka) live peacefully in UAE
They may not find it so easy amongst their christian friends in Nigeria though
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/17309/1/condom-in-church-catholic-priest-opens-can-of-worm.html
Story originally reported by sunnews online but link is now dead
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by grabdbull: 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
kasiem:

@ nagoma, its risible to see u bloop, in respect of covering up your much revered cult(islam). If u abnegate urself 4rm being mendacious and face things in pragmatic ways, u'll decolonize urself 4rm the shackles of delusion. Sharia (which is popular among u muslims)fosters violence against women. Why is that everytime this issue of violence is raised, u guys will rush to dissociate urselves 4rm it? But, u guy will covertly implore your irresponsible almajiris to uphold it as a guarantee of entering paradise. I stand by my word, that islam as a religion loathe peace and it(islam) is nuissance to this universe.

Kasiem, I would like to believe that you know a number of peaceful, law-abiding Muslims. I would have you know that several States in Nigeria have a high Muslim population, yet have never had religious crises. Based on this, your assertion is wrong. You should not talk down another man's belief. This in itself is a form of violence and an infringement on his freedom of association right.

That said, Clerics should aggressively preach peace in order to prevent religious adherents from developing the kind of blood lust we see them exhibit today, and reducing the evil hunger of those already indoctrinated.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by grabdbull: 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2011
BetaThings:

Please provide proof for your assertion. I know that the Bible says women should keep quiet in the church and should submit to their husbands in everything

BetaThings:

I am not sure that the world cup is to be hosted by Qatar because of islam and backwardness
A lot of Nigerians (including natives of Awka) live peacefully in UAE
They may not find it so easy amongst their christian friends in Nigeria though
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/17309/1/condom-in-church-catholic-priest-opens-can-of-worm.html
Story originally reported by sunnews online but link is now dead

This is exactly the type of indoctrination I am talking about. The discourse is on Boko Haram killing a Muslim Cleric, and someone comes out and starts pointing fingers at Christianity. You can see the deep-seated emotions here. If there is an issue where a Russian Christian slaps a Russian Muslim tomorrow, do not be surprised that Nigerian Muslims will immediately start killing their non-Muslim Nigerian brothers, especially in the North. It is this type of indoctrination that starts it all. Why the Bible? Why the Church? Why not something on Buddhists, or Atheists, or Eckankar guys, or Hare Krishna guys? Why this deep-seated hatred for the Church and Christians?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by kasiem(m): 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2011
BetaThings:

yep, but the bible never supported that an adultress should be stoned to death, be amputated. Did u get it?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by ziccoit: 5:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
grabdbull:

I will respond to your points one paragraph at a time.

The discussion is not based on studying the Quran. You made a statement saying Christians should learn more about Islam, and I told you in my first post that this is the major problem - once anything is said about Islam, some people immediately compare Christianity and Islam, without considering whether the fellow who made the initial assertion is a Christian, and even if he is, if he represents the views of Christians. Why vent against Christians? Why not atheists, or Sango worshipers? The issue is not what I can get from reading the Quran, but the lack of tolerance by muslims in Northern Nigeria for the rights of others. How would you predict that a non- Muslim holding the Quran with a view to broadening his knowledge has not read these other literature you are going on about? Are you telling me that if this non-Muslim reads the hadiths, books by Islamic clerics et al, he will not be beheaded if he is seen with the Quran in Northern Nigeria? That, my friend, is the issue - Tolerance, peace and respect for others. Surely, you must have deciphered that from my post, my "affluent, google searching" friend. We do not need a "how to understand Islam" lecture from you; we don't need to understand it. All we ask is that islamic sects should stop killing innocent people.

In your second paragraph, you said the Quran is not what I need to understand Islam. My bad. I thought it was the book of the Muslims. Are you sure about this? That said, you have not explained why you are desperate to take my mind off the Quran, and on to these other literature. Could this be an attempt to justify the future killing of any non Muslim found with the book? Then you could say - what was he doing with the Quran? Did he not see other Islamic literature to read? Speaking about understanding others, I believe most religious groups understand the Muslims and would not do anything to start a religious crises with Muslims in Nigeria. The Muslims on the other hand should learn about others, and learn to live in peace in Northern Nigeria. That is the thrust of this discourse.

Your third paragraph says it all. No restriction was placed on you. You could handle any religious book you chose in the course of your "research". If you read my first post, you would notice that I mentioned getting materials online. Take time to read posts, my "affluent, google tracking friend", and you would not be telling me to discover things that I already spoke about doing. Surely, your "affluence" would mean you can take time out to read posts since you pay a monthly internet subscription.

Boko Haram members have:

1.] Belief in Allah which includes;
-belief in oneness of Allah
-belief in His books [Quran, Taorat, Injil(Bible), Saburat]
-belief in Prophets [ Muhammed, Hisa (Jesus Christ), Musa etc]
-belief in Angels
-belief in Judgment Day
-belief in Destiny

They also:

2.] Bring forth 5 daily prayers

3.] Give alms to the poor

4.] Fast in the month of Ramadan

5.] Pilgrimage to Mecca when blessed

6.] Have Jumat prayers on Friday

7.] Make tapes preaching Islam

8.] Have an Islamic colony

I believe this outline is somewhat familiar to you. Ooooh yesssss, you said some of these were the attributes of true Muslims.

So, if it looks like a dog, walks like a dog, barks like a dog, bites like a dog, pees like a dog, shits like a dog, it surely must be a bleeding dog!!! These guys are Muslims (Boko Haram) doing it wrong. The late Imam was a Muslim who was doing it right.

The late Imam remains a hero. I pray others have the courage to teach their followers peace like he did.

BTW, how come the man's sacrifice means nothing to you? You just come here telling us why we should appreciate Islam. Why don't you just realize that respect is reciprocal. I don't need to appreciate a religion to know that practitioners of that religion should respect non practitioners.

Cheers

Calm down, calm down, calm down your blood pressure is rising which could be dangerous. I entered into this discuss with you assuming you are levelheaded. Saw some name callings in your third post but choose to ignore them thinking they were mistakes only to confirmed my fears in your previous post. Who is now intolerant of others?

You got me wrong again, for reasons which I don't know. I am doubting whether you actually read my posts.

Mark my words. You would get nowhere by reading Quran alone in the name of studying Islam. Without some basic knowledge your study would be filled with lies and misinterpretations owing to your lack of knowledge. Only the people of knowledge could really explain the meaning of Quran.
I did not say Quran is not identified with Islam. What I said was you don't really need it to understand Islam, because you would be more confused and fall into error of misinterpretations. That you need the already explained fragmented parts to forestall errors of misinterpretations. This was borne out of your persistent claims that a Non-Muslim holding a Quran in North would be killed?

As for all your unnecessary exclamations, quotations and interjections, we called them false tools of winning an argument in logic so I choose to ignore them. I have kissed those stuff goodbye in my life. I only engage people in critical analyses based on reasoning.

You insisted Boko Haram are acting according to teachings of Islam and based on Islamic ideology. You don't know anything about Islam, that is why I said people need to have basic knowledge of what they come out to talk about. You talked about tolerance? Is it not obvious why we are having problems? You don't want to tolerate a knowledge based on fact coming from those who know simply because you hold a belief based on falsehood.

Friend, doesn't matter what you call me, BOKO HARAM are not acting according to the teachings of Islam which was preached by ADAM, NOAH, ABRAHAM, MOSES, JESUS, MUHAMMED and all. I am saying this with precinct knowledge that no man could find faults with.

THANKS

Kenezi:

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath, "

Islam is a religion that promotes violence towards women.

This is an example of what I am really talking about. @Kenezi quoted the Quran but his conclusion based on his understanding of the quoted parts is very wrong. This is kind of things he would be carrying around calling them facts.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again" Thomas Jefferson
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Kenezi: 5:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
BetaThings:

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath, "

Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by kasiem(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2011
BetaThings:

yep, but the bible never supported that an adultress should be stoned to death, be amputated. Did u get it?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by kasiem(m): 5:31pm On Mar 14, 2011
BetaThings:

Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2011
grabdbull:

This is exactly the type of indoctrination I am talking about.  The discourse is on Boko Haram killing a Muslim Cleric, and someone comes out and starts pointing fingers at Christianity. You can see the deep-seated emotions here. If there is an issue where a Russian Christian slaps a Russian Muslim tomorrow, do not be surprised that Nigerian Muslims will immediately start killing their non-Muslim Nigerian brothers, especially in the North. It is this type of indoctrination that starts it all. Why the Bible? Why the Church? Why not something on Buddhists, or Atheists, or Eckankar guys, or Hare Krishna guys? Why this deep-seated hatred for the Church and Christians?
I saw your original post before I posted. I expected this type of response.
What proportion of the population is represented by Buddhists, or Atheists, or Eckankar guys, or Hare Krishna guys?
I don't know their doctrines. so I have no basis for discussing with them. They can always say they worship their women and do not even scold their children

However, I often find that majority of critics of muslims start by saying "I am a christian"
If a muslim opens a thread to address an issue of concern to Muslims, christians often hijack it to frustrate the efforts
Look at this
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-576809.0.html
Here is another thread designed by a christian to paint Islam black
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431142.0.html

Just is case you don't want to read it- a survey was done and nearly the same % of muslims and chrsitians want their own religious law in Nigeria
The poster came with a screaming headline - Muslims want Sharia in Nigeria. what about the christians?

why is it that christians cannot dissociate the Northern Nig and North Africa/Middle East from Islam?
Anything negative happening there is attributed to Islam
When Egyptians were protesting and christians were protecting muslims praying - Nigerian christians started saying muslims especially those in Nigeria would never do that

You talk about hatred. Is that what you really experience? How many muslims have been converted into christians in the south because of the atmosphere in the south. Do you see christians providing the same atmosphere that could enable muslims convert christians? Look around on the net, christians join those other groups to criticise Islamic beliefs that are in the Bible
So where is the hatred really located.
BTW - christians often abuse Allah and the Prophet. But a muslim cannot attack Jesus and the God christians believed in
Muslims have issues with the extrmists who were there and censured by the prophet when he was alive. If an extremist carries out an attack, christians DEMAND that muslims condemn it. Muslims do. Even when muslims do, we are told, it is insincere, that in the mosques, they are encouraged to continue killing and bombing. Suicide is a sin which  the offender cannot even repent from. How can it be justified?

My 2nd post about the church in kaduna which you obviouslyt did not bother to read because you have made up your mind
was to draw your attention that ethnicity, rather than religion, may be responsible for the crises in the North
Remember that the average Northerner - muslim or christian - is likely to be more militant/temperamental than the average southerner
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2011
kasiem:

I don't get it that the Qur'an limits those penalties to women alone
The first person whose hand was amputated in this country since 1999 is a man
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by owasoyo: 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2011
@Celeboi: for your information, Islam is a peaceful religion. i m a Muslim and i knw wht it means to b a muslim.,i served in d north and i work in d north nw, I will give u a simple Illustration and i want u to make use of dis, If dere is any religion crises in d norther part of d country,a non Hausa/fulani Muslim is nt save from d Hausa/fulani, as long as u are nt hausa/Fulani and u r caught u r dead, do u want to call dis Religion crises, 4 your information all d crises u hear abt in d north is just ethnotism crises not religion crises, See pple use Religion to deprive odas from self determination, jst to be abble to control dem any how dey want due to illiteracy and poverty, whereas dere own children are somewhere abroad studying, d only pple dt die in dis cos are d Allumonjiris,which i always pity. Dis pple are jst innocent, dey are brought up like animals and dey call dis Islamic schulll, dey dont feed dis boys,neda cloth dem.dey make dis boys hopeless and useless, bring dem up to hate and be hostile to pple of oda religion,which d holy quran neva tot us, see Islam is so sweet if u really knw abt Islam,read and research, u will knw beta
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2011
Kenezi:

Please explain how these violence that was promoted was carried out in practice. The Qur'an  was revealed to the Prophet and he was charged with explaining it. Please cite instances of how these promoted acts of violence were carried out in order to reap what you must consider bountiful benefits

Female Inferiority
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)
"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

So I can do whatever I like with somebody who is mine? can I not?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2011
pity pity pity, the man went about preaching anti-islamic messages,
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by grabdbull: 6:12pm On Mar 14, 2011
ziccoit:

Calm down, calm down, calm down your blood pressure is rising which could be dangerous. I entered into this discuss with you assuming you are levelheaded. Saw some name callings in your third post but choose to ignore them thinking they were mistakes only to confirmed my fears in your previous post. Who is now intolerant of others?

You got me wrong again, for reasons which I don't know. I am doubting whether you actually read my posts.

Mark my words. You would get nowhere by reading Quran alone in the name of studying Islam. Without some basic knowledge your study would be filled with lies and misinterpretations owing to your lack of knowledge. Only the people of knowledge could really explain the meaning of Quran.
I did not say Quran is not identified with Islam. What I said was you don't really need it to understand Islam, because you would be more confused and fall into error of misinterpretations. That you need the already explained fragmented parts to forestall errors of misinterpretations. This was borne out of your persistent claims that a Non-Muslim holding a Quran in North would be killed?

As for all your unnecessary exclamations, quotations and interjections, we called them false tools of winning an argument in logic so I choose to ignore them. I have kissed those stuff goodbye in my life. I only engage people in critical analyses based on reasoning.

You insisted Boko Haram are acting according to teachings of Islam and based on Islamic ideology. You don't know anything about Islam, that is why I said people need to have basic knowledge of what they come out to talk about. You talked about tolerance? Is it not obvious why we are having problems? You don't want to tolerate a knowledge based on fact coming from those who know simply because you hold a belief based on falsehood.

Friend, doesn't matter what you call me, BOKO HARAM are not acting according to the teachings of Islam which was preached by ADAM, NOAH, ABRAHAM, MOSES, JESUS, MUHAMMED and all. I am saying this with precinct knowledge that no man could find faults with.

THANKS

Your plea to emotions will not work for the progress of this discourse. I am very calm, and will quote your posts to expose it for what it is whenever you make snide remarks. I re-read my last post, and it was in only one sentence that I used the exclamation point. Where then did you get the term "unnecessary exclamations" from? Guy, please read. More shockingly, because I do not agree with your submissions, I am all of a sudden, intolerant? What cheek? You need to be more open-minded and read calmly and objectively in order to build yourself a response that would address issues.

Let us get your "critical reasoning" straight. I need to study more about Islam to appreciate the religion and its practitioners. Fine. I have no qualms with that. I should read other literature and not the Quran because, and I quote:  "you don't really need it to understand Islam, because you would be more confused and fall into error of misinterpretations. That you need the already explained fragmented parts to forestall errors of misinterpretations". Fine. Now go back and read my previous post; I asked about a non Muslim who had read these other literature and has a good grasp now wanting to research more by reading the numero uno book in Islam; is he safe in Northern Nigeria reading his Quran in the Library? If this does not break it down for u, I don't know what will.

I now quote a part of my previous post - "In your second paragraph, you said the Quran is not what I need to understand Islam. My bad. I thought it was the book of the Muslims. Are you sure about this?"   Now compare this with something from your last post - "I did not say Quran is not identified with Islam".  You will notice the words "the book" in my post. This in no way elicits the response in the line directly above. Critical reasoning, bro.

Guy, I don't know much about Buddhism, Eckankar, Hare Krishna, Ifa, Sango etc., and I don't need to know much about them in order to get along with the practitioners. Ditto for Islam. That is tolerance. Now check my last post and you will see that I do have a basic knowledge of this topic, and that is why I am speaking on this matter. I have highlighted some of the basic belief patterns and ideologies of the Boko haram sect, and cross-matched it with the Islamic ideologies, guess what? There is a hand-in-glove fit. What you would have me believe is that because shiites do not agree with sunnis, shiites may not be muslims, or the hezbollah group, or hamaz are not muslims. They are, bro. Boko Haram is. They follow the teachings, and then go beyond it. That is where the problem is. You should not now tell me point-of-factly that they are not Muslims. This in fact shows that you base your judgment for this argument on a belief based purely on falsehood.

Muslims have been blood-letting in Northern Nigeria as far back as I can remember; Boko haram is doing the same thing right now. The only positive from this particular round is that they have not only focused on Christians; but on the establishment, the Army, The police, other Muslim sects. This way, everyone is touched and realize that a monster had been created over the course of several decades with the emphasis on Jihad. Now any sect can come up and say: because u don't believe in what I do, I will start a Jihad against you.

We need more people in the mould of the late Imam to address the fundamental problem of indoctrination towards violence rampant amongst Muslims in Northern Nigeria. That is the issue.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by chino11(m): 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2011
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by AljUche: 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
chino11:

Islam is a violent religion: READ BELOW

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5683233-146/attacks_near_jos_leave_six_dead.csp

can you people stop is rubbish angry

is christianity not a violent religion as well angry angry
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Kenezi: 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2011
BetaThings:

Please explain how these violence that was promoted was carried out in practice. The Qur'an  was revealed to the Prophet and he was charged with explaining it. Please cite instances of how these promoted acts of violence were carried out in order to reap what you must consider bountiful benefits

Female Inferiority
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)
"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

So I can do whatever I like with somebody who is mine? can I not?

What? The Quran quite clearly says that beating women is okay, hence Islam promotes acts of violence being carried out against women. Muslims can and have followed these instructions. Unless you can somehow prove these lines aren't in the Quran, Islam is a religion that preaches violence towards women

So, why are you quoting the Bible, what has the Bible got to do with Islam? Where is the equivalence between what you posted and what we are talking about?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 7:39pm On Mar 14, 2011
grabdbull:

is he safe in Northern Nigeria reading his Quran in the Library? If this does not break it down for u, I don't know what will.

Is he safe from who? Muslims? or Northerners? and in his library? How did you get your knowledge of Islam if you cannot read it?

grabdbull:

I have highlighted some of the basic belief patterns and ideologies of the Boko haram sect, and cross-matched it with the Islamic ideologies, guess what? There is a hand-in-glove fit. What you would have me believe is that because shiites do not agree with sunnis, shiites may not be muslims, or the hezbollah group, or hamaz are not muslims. They are, bro. Boko Haram is. They follow the teachings, and then go beyond it. That is where the problem is. You should not now tell me point-of-factly that they are not Muslims. This in fact shows that you base your judgment for this argument on a belief based purely on falsehood.

So if the doctrine of Boko Haram fits the muslims, why did the Imam die?

grabdbull:

This is exactly the type of indoctrination I am talking about.  The discourse is on Boko Haram killing a Muslim Cleric, and someone comes out and starts pointing fingers at Christianity. You can see the deep-seated emotions here.  Why this deep-seated hatred for the Church and Christians?

Here you now betray your hatred for Islam. If majority of  muslim say that Boko Haram are extremists, why should you say there a there is a hand-in-glove fit. Muslims know that christians believe that adultery is a sin.
But when Rev King who also uses the bible administers his sentence, muslims do not say that yes, there is a hand-in-glove-fit
So who hates the other?
No lie is too big for a christian to say against muslims. Is that born out of love
Extremists existed at the time of the Prophet and he dissociated himself from it. Now why should we not continue to say that
Extremism is not part of the religion, Boko Haram's actions do not represent Islam

grabdbull:

Muslims have been blood-letting in Northern Nigeria as far back as I can remember; Boko haram is doing the same thing right now. The only positive from this particular round is that they have not only focused on Christians; but on the establishment, the Army, The police, other Muslim sects. This way, everyone is touched and realize that a monster had been created over the course of several decades with the emphasis on Jihad. Now any sect can come up and say: because u don't believe in what I do, I will start a Jihad against you.

When Muslims fight in the North, they are muslims, when the Jukuns and the Tivs fight, they are not christians, they are Tivs and Jukuns

grabdbull:

We need more people in the mould of the late Imam to address the fundamental problem of indoctrination towards violence rampant amongst Muslims in Northern Nigeria. That is the issue.
People? I get it! Now that he has spoken against Boko Haram, he is just people, not Muslim. Yet you talk about indoctrination
What indoctrination is greater than being unable to recognise a Muslim who is convinced about his true belief and speaking out

BTW - if violence is so rampant in Islam, how come we need Boko Haram as  a sect. why have the majority of muslims not  continuously been acting in the guerilla-fashion of the Boko Haram people?
What you need are more of you to recognise muslim's core principles. You stance of condemning Islam due to Boko Haram can only frustrate those who want to confront Boko Haram
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Kenezi: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2011
50% of muslims in Nigeria think Osama bin-Laden is a good person.

Now will you continue to say Islam is not violent?

http://pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 7:50pm On Mar 14, 2011
Kenezi:

What? The Quran quite clearly says that beating women is okay, hence Islam promotes acts of violence being carried out against women. Muslims can and have followed these instructions. Unless you can somehow prove these lines aren't in the Quran, Islam is a religion that preaches violence towards women

So, why are you quoting the Bible, what has the Bible got to do with Islam? Where is the equivalence between what you posted and what we are talking about?
kenezi, I have nothing to prove to you. You have always looked for opportunities to paint Islam black. You will suppress facts to achieve that
This is one of your best efforts with which you are much proud

While you are pointing fingers as a christian, note that your Bible has a say in the rights of women and that is what I have posted
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Kenezi: 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
I present the facts as they are. If you can't dispute them then they remain for all to see.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by grabdbull: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2011
BetaThings:

Is he safe from who? Muslims? or Northerners? and in his library? How did you get your knowledge of Islam if you cannot read it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6477177.stm That is what happens to non-Muslims who touch the Koran in Northern Nigeria. Notice that the lady was killed by secondary school students. Why would children commit such a violent act in unison if not that they have been indoctrinated, and were actually waiting for an opportunity to kill with regards to this. If the link does not satisfy you, I can get you several more. This is not one-off incident; it is a regular pattern.

BetaThings:

So if the doctrine of Boko Haram fits the muslims, why did the Imam die?

I will give you some excerpts from my previous posts in order to answer your question. You will notice that in all I have written on this topic, I made it clear that Boko Haram are Muslims because they have the same beliefs as Muslims, and are actually an Islamic sect. They however went waaaaayyyyy overboard because of their violent practice. This violence can be traced to the indoctrination most Muslim Children in Northern Nigeria go through ( see link above for results of such indoctrination). Enjoy:

Boko Haram members have:

-belief in Angels
-belief in Judgment Day
-belief in Destiny

They also:

I believe this outline is somewhat familiar to you. Ooooh yesssss, you said some of these were the attributes of true Muslims.

Please, do not get it wrong. Boko haram is a purely islamic organization, and they take huge doses of the religious opium. They had a huge mosque for their members in Maiduguri, before it was leveled by the army after their Fun. of madness got out of hand. They were very visible when it came to religious activities. We cannot now accuse them of not practicing their religion. They were actively practicing, albeit in a very wrong and diabolical way. This is what years of indoctrination gets you eventually.

So, if it looks like a dog, walks like a dog, barks like a dog, bites like a dog, pees like a dog, shits like a dog, it surely must be a bleeding dog!!! These guys are Muslims (Boko Haram) doing it wrong. The late Imam was a Muslim who was doing it right.

BetaThings:

Here you now betray your hatred for Islam. If majority of  muslim say that Boko Haram are extremists, why should you say there a there is a hand-in-glove fit. Muslims know that christians believe that adultery is a sin.
But when Rev King who also uses the bible administers his sentence, muslims do not say that yes, there is a hand-in-glove-fit
So who hates the other?
No lie is too big for a christian to say against muslims. Is that born out of love
Extremists existed at the time of the Prophet and he dissociated himself from it. Now why should we not continue to say that
Extremism is not part of the religion, Boko Haram's actions do not represent Islam

My post above still answers this. Boko Haram follow the teachings of Islam, hence the hand-in-glove remark. Why is it that you just take a part of my words and not the entire speech for its content? How come you noticed the hand-in-glove remark, but not the remark that they were doing things wrongly? That is what hate does to you, even to the extent of saying no lie is too big for a Christian to say against muslims. Reverend King is a Reverend. He is a Christian. A s.tupid murdering rapis.t, but still a Christian. You cannot take his profession from him. Boko Haram members are muslims. You cannot take that away from them. From your words, majority of muslims say boko haram are extremists, and I totally agree. Extremists? Yes. Muslims? Yes

BetaThings:

When Muslims fight in the North, they are muslims, when the Jukuns and the Tivs fight, they are not christians, they are Tivs and Jukuns

You have said it: "When muslims fight in the North" and "when the Jukuns and the Tivs fight". Even you have shown that you know the distinction.

BetaThings:

People? I get it! Now that he has spoken against Boko Haram, he is just people, not Muslim. Yet you talk about indoctrination
What indoctrination is greater than being unable to recognise a Muslim who is convinced about his true belief and speaking out

BTW - if violence is so rampant in Islam, how come we need Boko Haram as  a sect. why have the majority of muslims not  continuously been acting in the guerilla-fashion of the Boko Haram people?
What you need are more of you to recognise muslim's core principles. You stance of condemning Islam due to Boko Haram can only frustrate those who want to confront Boko Haram  

I have maintained throughout my posts the core teachings of Islam and also talked about those doing it right and those doing it wrong. I even chastised someone trying to condemn the religion. Check the posts. You have something against me referring to Muslims as People? That's unfathomable. What indoctrination is greater than being unable to recognize someone who has made the distinction between those doing it right and those doing it wrong? You betray your obvious bias and I will show you how from one of your posts below.
Islam is not about violence. Check out the southern Muslims and learn. You know that the religious killings in North have been consistent over several decades. It is well documented, and I can give you more links to such activities. That said, the main problem is the indoctrination towards murder. If this is dealt with, Northern muslims would be safe people to live with.
I have highlighted Islam's core principles. Do not be blinded by hate, so much so that you would not acknowledge that I have posted some of them. Note that I am not condemning Islam at all, rather, I am condemning those that teach hate, and I am calling for more to preach love. Surely, you have no problem with love being preached, or do you? With regards to frustrating those who want to confront Boko Haram, brother pleeeeaaasssee! I am not asking any cleric to confront boko haram. I am saying they should preach love and stop indoctrinating the young ones to alter a violent future. The Army and police are confronting the rebels.

BetaThings:

However, I often find that majority of critics of muslims start by saying "I am a christian"
If a muslim opens a thread to address an issue of concern to Muslims, christians often hijack it to frustrate the efforts

You talk about hatred. Is that what you really experience? How many muslims have been converted into christians in the south because of the atmosphere in the south. Do you see christians providing the same atmosphere that could enable muslims convert christians? Look around on the net, christians join those other groups to criticise Islamic beliefs that are in the Bible

Now, that explains why you have your beef. Thank God you have admitted that the atmosphere in the south is conducive and people can be objectively converted from one religion to another. Muslims can convert Christians too if they draw them nearer as neighbors and brothers; invite them for Islamic programs; allow them to live safely wherever they choose in the North, instead of being forced to live in alleged safe havens, e.g. Sabon gari ni Kano, to avoid future attacks. You can't kill a man's brother today, and expect to convert him to your religion tomorrow.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Ericology(m): 9:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
U de vex?:

I hate this kind of thread; stop dumping on Muslims.
There is nothing wrong with Islam, the fault lies with human beings, possibly their cultural values and their individual outlook to life.

Until they explain to us why its the only religion that anybody can kill and justify it with,
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by elgazheey0(m): 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
“All Terrorists Are Muslims” Except that 94% are NOT!
By anida | Published February 18, 2010

Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil by Group, From 1980 to 2005, According to FBI database

check this report out. I am reposting  this from Planet Grenada’s blog.

A couple of interesting links:
From Loonwatch: All Terrorists are Muslims… Except the 94% that Aren’t summarizes an updated FBI report of terrorist acts on US soil. As you can see for yourself from the above pie graph, among the counter-stereotypical results are: 1) Only 6% of the terrorist acts on US soil in the period covered were committed by Muslims. 2) In fact, slightly more terrorist acts were committed by Jewish groups. And finally, 3) the largest category of groups associated with acts of terrorism in the US is apparently Latino! (although this includes both far-right anti-Castro terrorist groups and left-leaning pro-Puerto Rican independence groups)

Also CNN recently reported in Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated the results of a study funded by the Department of Justice which looks at how to prevent the radicalization of Muslim youth in America. The original study can be found at: Anti-Terror Lessons of Muslim-Americans

And finally, Stephen M. Walt gives one of the more candid answers to the “Why Do They Hate Us?” question in his article: Why they hate us (ii): How many Muslims has the US killed in the past 30 years?
Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Elzar(m): 1:10am On Mar 15, 2011
Now we know its boko haram, please can they track this boys and get them down, If the right authorities can't brings these brats to justice within a week they have faild,
I hope Gej wil come out to condem and bring them to justice this time, cos he's all likes condemin only.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by BetaThings: 3:02am On Mar 15, 2011
grabdbull:

I made it clear that Boko Haram are Muslims because they have the same beliefs as Muslims, and are actually an Islamic sect. They however went waaaaayyyyy overboard because of their violent practice. This violence can be traced to the indoctrination most Muslim Children in Northern Nigeria go through ( see link above for results of such indoctrination). Enjoy:

Boko Haram members have:

-belief in Angels
-belief in Judgment Day
-belief in Destiny

They also:

Please, do not get it wrong. Boko haram is a purely islamic organization, and they take huge doses of the religious opium. They had a huge mosque for their members in Maiduguri, before it was leveled by the army after their Fun. of madness got out of hand. They were very visible when it came to religious activities. We cannot now accuse them of not practicing their religion. They were actively practicing, albeit in a very wrong and diabolical way. This is what years of indoctrination gets you eventually.

My post above still answers this. Boko Haram follow the teachings of Islam, hence the hand-in-glove remark. Why is it that you just take a part of my words and not the entire speech for its content? How come you noticed the hand-in-glove remark, but not the remark that they were doing things wrongly? That is what hate does to you, even to the extent of saying no lie is too big for a Christian to say against muslims. Reverend King is a Reverend. He is a Christian. A s.tupid murdering rapis.t, but still a Christian. You cannot take his profession from him. Boko Haram members are muslims. You cannot take that away from them. From your words, majority of muslims say boko haram are extremists, and I totally agree. Extremists? Yes. Muslims? Yes
So why did they kill that Imam if they are both muslims?
BTW - there are certain things that you believe in and/or do that take you out of the fold of Islam
If a man who prays in the mosque, go for Hajj etc believes it is right to take the lives of people the way the Boko Haram are doing he is toying with disbelief. I have no right to judge their faith (I cannot and I will not) and declare them non-believers, but they are living on the edge
But the hue and cry here is not about praying 5 times daily, pilgrimage etc
No, it is about violence. The very thing Muslims say is not part of the religion

Regarding Reverend King
I mistakenly assumed that Reverend King is in this mould - thanks for the correction
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Mt. 3.10 · Lk. 3.9
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them

It should be clear to any objective seeker of truth that christians do not play by the rule of fairness
I cannot see them opening a thread to comment on any positive thing done by a muslim
But any negative thing even done outside Islam is now regarded as the very essence of Islam
Looks like the major problem we have is that the 10 commandments that forbids telling lies is in the old testament

I have shown posts made by christians with the sole objective of painting Islam black
I will repeat thm here - maybe you will now have the courage to explain them and tell me who shows more hatred
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-576809.0.html

This video has been adapted by Nigerian christians and used to paint Islam black
http://www.france24.com/en/20100703-democratic-republic-congo-deaths-explosion-fuel-tanker-fire

Can you comment on this too

You have something against me referring to Muslims as People?
You can read, but you sure can read wrong meaning into a text. You have been all over saying the Boko Haram are muslims. Why not extend the same recognition to the man who died. He is people to you because what he did is commendable. But Boko Haram is always Muslim, never people

Sorry. I didn't know I was talking to an expert in propaganda. A man who was alarmed by indoctrination but now showing that he is equally guilty
When anybody who is a Muslims fights with anybody, he is quickly called a muslim, but when anybody who is a christian fights with anybody, he is a Berom, Jukun, Tiv etc

You have painstakingly read only those materials that are critical of Islam
I posted a link to show that when muslims opened a thread to strategise on how to deal with the issue of boko haram
christians jumped in and called them hypocrites
Now you are saying they should stop preaching hatred. what did the slain Imam do?

Christians were calling muslims murderers before they even lived with them. Those in the South who have never lived in the North do the same
I have seen Nigerian christians with prayer books against hamas. Please what is Nigerian christians issue with Hamas?
Why did Nigerian christians support the invasion of Iraq. They pray that there should not be war in Nigeria, but don't mind it in Iraq
Look at the posts here - Islam is violent etc - How many people posting here can point to personal experience of that?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by ziccoit: 4:33am On Mar 15, 2011
Kenezi:

Kenezi:

Kenezi:

Are they wrong? Muhammed was a child molester.

This is an example of what we are really talking about. @Kenezi quoted the Quran but his conclusion based on his understanding of the quoted parts is very wrong. This is kind of things he would be carrying around calling them facts.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,And drinking largely sobers us again" Thomas Jefferson
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 15, 2011
so because they have had more bloodshed than muslim(according to your low understanding),they should now go about, killing innocent people.
PATHETIC
if those were the only things you could pick from my post then i guess you have a bright future ahead of you,goodluck with your sense of interpretation
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by chino11(m): 7:05am On Mar 15, 2011
grabdbull:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6477177.stm That is what happens to non-Muslims who touch the Koran in Northern Nigeria. Notice that the lady was killed by secondary school students. Why would children commit such a violent act in unison if not that they have been indoctrinated, and were actually waiting for an opportunity to kill with regards to this. If the link does not satisfy you, I can get you several more. This is not one-off incident; it is a regular pattern.

I will give you some excerpts from my previous posts in order to answer your question. You will notice that in all I have written on this topic, I made it clear that Boko Haram are Muslims because they have the same beliefs as Muslims, and are actually an Islamic sect. They however went waaaaayyyyy overboard because of their violent practice. This violence can be traced to the indoctrination most Muslim Children in Northern Nigeria go through ( see link above for results of such indoctrination). Enjoy:

Boko Haram members have:

-belief in Angels
-belief in Judgment Day
-belief in Destiny

They also:

You have said it: "When muslims fight in the North" and "when the Jukuns and the Tivs fight". Even you have shown that you know the distinction.

I have maintained throughout my posts the core teachings of Islam and also talked about those doing it right and those doing it wrong. I even chastised someone trying to condemn the religion. Check the posts. You have something against me referring to Muslims as People? That's unfathomable. What indoctrination is greater than being unable to recognize someone who has made the distinction between those doing it right and those doing it wrong? You betray your obvious bias and I will show you how from one of your posts below.
Islam is not about violence. Check out the southern Muslims and learn. You know that the religious killings in North have been consistent over several decades. It is well documented, and I can give you more links to such activities. That said, the main problem is the indoctrination towards murder. If this is dealt with, Northern muslims would be safe people to live with.
I have highlighted Islam's core principles. Do not be blinded by hate, so much so that you would not acknowledge that I have posted some of them. Note that I am not condemning Islam at all, rather, I am condemning those that teach hate, and I am calling for more to preach love. Surely, you have no problem with love being preached, or do you? With regards to frustrating those who want to confront Boko Haram, brother pleeeeaaasssee! I am not asking any cleric to confront boko haram. I am saying they should preach love and stop indoctrinating the young ones to alter a violent future. The Army and police are confronting the rebels.

Now, that explains why you have your beef. Thank God you have admitted that the atmosphere in the south is conducive and people can be objectively converted from one religion to another. Muslims can convert Christians too if they draw them nearer as neighbors and brothers; invite them for Islamic programs; allow them to live safely wherever they choose in the North, instead of being forced to live in alleged safe havens, e.g. Sabon gari ni Kano, to avoid future attacks. You can't kill a man's brother today, and expect to convert him to your religion tomorrow.

My brother you have done extensive work to prove to this almajiris up north that their 'religion' is not only violent but dreadful. Its the only religion on earth that does'nt tolerate their fellow human-beings, they kill at a very slightest anger. Islam is a cult and not worthy to be called a religion. Quran does not preach peace rather violence (jihad). I Pray that the Almighty God will arrest all these moslem bigots oneday
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by ziccoit: 7:39am On Mar 15, 2011
chino11:

My brother you have done extensive work to prove to this almajiris up north that their 'religion' is not only violent but dreadful. Its the only religion on earth that does'nt tolerate their fellow human-beings, they kill at a very slightest anger. Islam is a cult and not worthy to be called a religion. Quran does not preach peace rather violence (jihad). I Pray that the Almighty God will arrest all these moslem bigots oneday

This is another demonstration of lack of knowledge which is not bad if that is a kind of life you choose. When you have a knowledge sitting in your cranium/skull you would be able to decipher what anyone put on your table. This is an example  of "I think you are right" kind of person. Anything goes.

Get it now or never, there is only one religion others are just ideologies put together by ordinary people. Invoking Almighty God to "arrest all these moslem bigots oneday" is a big mistake as you are already cursing yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Tenancy Bill Passed To Fashola For Signing / See The State Of President Buhari's Residence As His Daughter Weds Today In Daur / Idowu Sofola Dies At 84

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.