Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years (1745 Views)

Dutch Firm Releases 'First Solar Car That Travels 450 Miles On Single Charge' / This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles / A BMW Made From Recycled Parts Goes 994 Miles On A Single Charge-Sets New Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by olumzzz(m): 6:58am On Nov 04, 2020
Farrah Haines took just five years behind the wheel of her 2013 Hyundai Elantra to reach 1 million miles. An auto-parts delivery driver in Olathe, Kansas, she covered just over 200,000 miles per year since she bought her car new.
Surprisingly, it's still on its original powertrain. As Haines approached one million, she reached out to Hyundai. Understandably, the company was skeptical of how little time it took. After techs validated the million-mile Hyundai Elantra by pulling onboard data, checking service records, and inspecting engine-block casting numbers, Hyundai presented Haines with its first ever "1M" odometer badge. Now, thanks to her, the 1M badge is available to any other Hyundai owners who have also crested the million-mile mark.
Despite the great lengths her car had traveled, Hyundai felt she was due for an upgrade. As part of the celebration, the automaker surprised her with an all-new 2019 Elantra. It'll need a 1M badge of its own in 2023 if Haines keeps up her pace.

1 Like

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by bewla(m): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2020
Just cruising
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by Davash222(m): 7:03am On Nov 04, 2020
The woman must be Ajala the traveler.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by kingreign(m): 7:09am On Nov 04, 2020
olumzzz:
Farrah Haines took just five years behind the wheel of her 2013 Hyundai Elantra to reach 1 million miles. An auto-parts delivery driver in Olathe, Kansas, she covered just over 200,000 miles per year since she bought her car new.
Surprisingly, it's still on its original powertrain. As Haines approached one million, she reached out to Hyundai. Understandably, the company was skeptical of how little time it took. After techs validated the million-mile Hyundai Elantra by pulling onboard data, checking service records, and inspecting engine-block casting numbers, Hyundai presented Haines with its first ever "1M" odometer badge. Now, thanks to her, the 1M badge is available to any other Hyundai owners who have also crested the million-mile mark.
Despite the great lengths her car had traveled, Hyundai felt she was due for an upgrade. As part of the celebration, the automaker surprised her with an all-new 2019 Elantra. It'll need a 1M badge of its own in 2023 if Haines keeps up her pace.

Old news. No source. All copy and paste. Plagiarism is discouraged here.

4 Likes

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by olumzzz(m): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2020
kingreign:

Old news. No source. All copy and paste. Plagiarism is discouraged here.
You sound like you need to see a therapist.
I can recommend one for you.
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by Gravatar: 8:31am On Nov 04, 2020
olumzzz:
You sound like you need to see a therapist. I can recommend one for you.
You're actually the one that needs psychological support urgently
https://www.nairaland.com/4889156/2013-hyundai-elantra-traveled-more

3 Likes

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by Inception(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2020
olumzzz:

Sir, this is old news. It has been pasted here on Nairaland before.

You dont have to go defensive on your error.
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by olumzzz(m): 8:48am On Nov 04, 2020
Inception:

Sir, this is old news. It has been pasted here on Nairaland before.

You dont have to go defensive on your error.
How is posting old news an error?
Does that mean everyone has seen it the last time?
It's all about information sharing and there's no error in that.
This is a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by kingreign(m): 9:02am On Nov 04, 2020
olumzzz:

You need yaba left treatment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by kingreign(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2020
olumzzz:

How is posting old news an error?
Does that mean everyone has seen it the last time?
It's all about information sharing and there's no error in that.
This is a public forum.

Check rule 14 and 18. Erred on it.

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by olumzzz(m): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2020
kingreign:

You need yaba left treatment.
I already had mine. It's your turn.
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by mejai(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2020
Cartalk house of commotion!
Now the old topic has been derailed.
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by abiona36622: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2020
The woman must be Ajala the traveler.
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2020
Na wa o

200k miles a year while my 9years in use Tokumbo Camry 2002 never reach 200k miles.

I thought Hyundai Engine us not strong undecided
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by Day169: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2020
shocked shocked shocked..
That's a return trip to the moon and then back to the moon again. cool
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by kingreign(m): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2020
olumzzz:

I already had mine. It's your turn.
The psychiatrist say you didn't complete your dosage.

My guy how you dey?
Hope you're good?
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by olumzzz(m): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2020
kingreign:

The psychiatrist say you didn't complete your dosage.

My guy how you dey?
Hope you're good?
grin
Alright. I'll go back.
I'm good. Thanks.
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by diportivo: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Na wa o

200k miles a year while my 9years in use Tokumbo Camry 2002 never reach 200k miles.

I thought Hyundai Engine us not strong undecided

e no strong oh

that's why they have stopped producing cars sef

na 1zz dey inside this particular Hyundai tho......na why e fit waka like dat

2 Likes

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by udemzyudex(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2020
Old news
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by olumzzz(m): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2020
diportivo:

e no strong oh

that's why they have stopped producing cars sef

na 1zz dey inside this particular Hyundai tho......na why e fit waka like dat
So are you saying this particular Hyundai's engine is durable?
Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by diportivo: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
olumzzz:

So are you saying this particular Hyundai's engine is durable?

Re: Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
Old news. And mostly highway miles, so it's not really such a big deal. A car driven in the city for 100k miles probably has more wear and tear.

(1) (Reply)

2006 Corolla Consuming Too Much Fuel / Lamborghini Launch Most Expensive Car In The World "Veneno Roadster" Costs £3.3m / Mobil 1 5W 30 Engine Oil For Toyotas Now Avaialable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.