Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Young Nigerian-born Democrat,oye, Elected As United States House Of Representati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Nigerian-born Democrat,oye, Elected As United States House Of Representati (286 Views)

Abure Re-elected As LP National Chairman, 5 Arrested By Police At Convention / 4 Ways Joe Biden As United States President Will Affect Nigeria / President Buhari Meets Speakers Of 36 States House Of Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Nigerian-born Democrat,oye, Elected As United States House Of Representati by cynthia9: 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nigerian, Oye Owolewa, has been elected to the United States Congress.

Owolewa from Kwara, who holds a doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Pharmacy from the North-Eastern University, Boston, contested on the platform of the Democratic Party as a ‘shadow’ (non-voting) House of Representative member out of the District of Columbia (DC).
SaharaReporters gathered the 31-year-old politician is the first Nigerian congressman in the country’s history.

Sharing the news on his Facebook page, he wrote, “Good morning. Looks like we did it! I want to thank everyone, from family and close friends to DC residents. Because of your contributions and sacrifices, I stand before you as America's first Nigerian-American congressman.

“In this role, I'm going to fight for DC statehood and bring our values to the lawmaking process. While today is a day for some celebration, the hard work also follows. Again, thanks so much for everything. I wouldnt be here without you all.”
http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/04/young-nigerian-born-democrat-oye-elected-united-states-house-representative-member?fbclid=IwAR0HB-Ae-Ot7OlsdPL5nkumGjaylvRnVIa07EIP1HzscumOslenwlsvwVcE

Lalasticlala

Re: Young Nigerian-born Democrat,oye, Elected As United States House Of Representati by LegendHero(m): 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations brother.

Let’s see what’s up with the rest of the eight other Nigerians on the ballot.
Re: Young Nigerian-born Democrat,oye, Elected As United States House Of Representati by estirocky(f): 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
Wow. Nice. Congratulations
Re: Young Nigerian-born Democrat,oye, Elected As United States House Of Representati by Seerade029: 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
It has made front page a while ago

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Government To Pay Students 30k Each / ARTISANS GRANT: Disbursement Of Funds Ongoing In Several States ― Presidency / Immigration Ready To Release My Passport – #EndSARS Promoter, Modupe Odele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.