Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Is This The Meaning Of Being A Government Employee - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This The Meaning Of Being A Government Employee (161 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? / Whats The Meaning Of HK / The meaning of " la vida loca" (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Meaning Of Being A Government Employee by oluade11: 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
My friend live in a compound with four main flat and one cubicle at the back.
The people living in the main building are mainly self employed while my friend, a senior officer with the federal government who has put in over ten years live in the cubicle with his family!

Tonight as I write, there is no public supply and all the flats powered their generators while my hard-working and honest friend doesn't have generator.
He is enjoying the noise from the other generator as they move around with the torch and enjoy the heat.
I shook my head sadly and ask myself the question;is this what it means to work with the government.
Does working with the government mean automatic poverty. Please help me.
Re: Is This The Meaning Of Being A Government Employee by emillysmigael(f): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2020
oluade11:
My friend live in a compound with four main flat and one cubicle at the back.
The people living in the main building are mainly self employed while my friend, a senior officer with the federal government who has put in over ten years live in the cubicle with his family!

Tonight as I write, there is no public supply and all the flats powered their generators while my hard-working and honest friend doesn't have generator.
He is enjoying the noise from the other generator as they move around with the torch and enjoy the heat.
I shook my head sadly and ask myself the question;is this what it means to work with the government.
Does working with the government mean automatic poverty. Please help me.
I do not dancy any form of paid jobs notheless the civil service... But, some like it all because of pension and gratuity cry

(1) (Reply)

Attacks On Journalists, Attack On Democracy, Arrest Gunmen That Shot The Sun Rep / #monday Motivation: / Nigerians Wishes For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.