Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

How Do You Know A Bad Brainbox - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do You Know A Bad Brainbox (471 Views)

Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. / ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems / These Are Toyota Camry Facts You May Not Know – A Peek Into The Unknown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Know A Bad Brainbox by Camrywahala: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2020
Guys I worked on the engine of my camry 2003 afterwards, the vehicle started but went off after about 30mins and keeps going on and off.

Before now, the mpg has been poor and stalls a lot.
So these electricians were brought to check fuel pump and there were no issues, the second person came and after checking all 'checkables' said it was the brainbox. I still can't figure how he arrived at that conclusion since he wasn't using any car scanner.

Now the car I no longer starting. What could be the issue and how can it be resolved without changing brain box which I understand is a bit tricky and requires coding.
I'm in Awka and I don't know very good auto mechanics and I don't want my car to be 'Kazeemized'

I need solutions abeg.
Cc: Gazzuz
Radautoworks
Sienna
Ikenna
AutoElectNg
Re: How Do You Know A Bad Brainbox by Mayor555(m): 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2020
Camrywahala:
Guys I worked on the engine of my camry 2003 afterwards, the vehicle started but went off after about 30mins and keeps going on and off.

Before now, the mpg has been poor and stalls a lot.
So these electricians were brought to check fuel pump and there were no issues, the second person came and after checking all 'checkables' said it was the brainbox. I still can't figure how he arrived at that conclusion since he wasn't using any car scanner.

Now the car I no longer starting. What could be the issue and how can it be resolved without changing brain box which I understand is a bit tricky and requires coding.
I'm in Awka and I don't know very good auto mechanics and I don't want my car to be 'Kazeemized'

I need solutions abeg.
Cc: Gazzuz
Radautoworks
Sienna
Ikenna
AutoElectNg

You should have scanned before getting to this stage na.

And you have a vague enquiry here...tell us the work you did on your engine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Catalyst Converter Cleaner / Travis Scott’s Cars, Elon Musk And His Desired Automobile Chat With L’officiel / Registered Toyota Sienna 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.