Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,383 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria (1875 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by olawalepopoola: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2020

ASUU have always claimed to work in the interest of Nigerian students in public universities while their counterparts in private Universities are running their program smoothly without any hitches. While many freshmen in public Universities are still waiting to writing their first semester examination, many of their friends in private varsities are almost in the middle of the first semester in their second session. Whether we like it or not the discriminations between private and public universities are gradually fading by the day. Private universities graduate are employed in both the public and private sectors of our economy. They get international scholarship and grants too. So what is the big deal about the public universities? Why do ASUU drag the students progress so much?
I have contemplated so much on this ASUU strike and I have concluded that even in the next 20 years ASUU can never change its tactics of engaging the government over issues no matter how Nigeria try to please them. I have concluded that all my children will attend private schools from primary to university level and even for postgraduate studies for those who wish to pursue it in Nigeria (for any of them who wish to go for it). If possible I will find international scholarships for their undergraduate and postgraduate studies around the world.
I can't allow ASUU destroy the destiny of my kids all in the name of fighting for them. May God bless my hustlings to do this. Amen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2020
Good for you

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by shamsin6300(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2020
We all wish the same, but at the end we have no choice. Anyway what does single guy like me knows.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Freestainworld(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2020
I wish I can send mine too, God knows I am not gonna take this shit from ASUU and federal government
Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by mayprince(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2020
I'm sure lalasticlala sef no fit take im pikin go public uni too grin
Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Honduras01: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2020
olawalepopoola:

ASUU have always claimed to work in the interest of Nigerian students in public universities while their counterparts in private Universities are running their program smoothly without any hitches. While many freshmen in public Universities are still waiting to writing their first semester examination, many of their friends in private varsities are almost in the middle of the first semester in their second session. Whether we like it or not the discriminations between private and public universities are gradually fading by the day. Private universities graduate are employed in both the public and private sectors of our economy. They get international scholarship and grants too. So what is the big deal about the public universities? Why do ASUU drag the students progress so much?
I have contemplated so much on this ASUU strike and I have concluded that even in the next 20 years ASUU can never change its tactics of engaging the government over issues no matter how Nigeria try to please them. I have concluded that all my children will attend private schools from primary to university level and even for postgraduate studies for those who wish to pursue it in Nigeria (for any of them who wish to go for it). If possible I will find international scholarships for their undergraduate and postgraduate studies around the world.
I can't allow ASUU destroy the destiny of my kids all in the name of fighting for them. May God bless my hustlings to do this. Amen.

no destiny is being destroyed.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by olawalepopoola: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2020
Honduras01:

So what are they doing ooo? Promoting their students' destinies?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 10:31am On Nov 05, 2020
Many of you think all schools are like Covenant and Babcock?

If you get to some private tertiary institutions you will cry. While they are fast, a lot are nothing but glorified secondary school.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Sleepaway(f): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2020
Private school o? Public school o? As far Nigeria is inside please secure your children destiny's and send them out
If i start to talk wetin my eye don see for private school eh
olawalepopoola:

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 05, 2020
Mmmm...this is how the public primary and secondary schools were destroyed and today parents send their wards to private schools...

It's a delibrate government attempt friends and they already won one person...

The gap will keep widening in the coming years...@OP just pray you make the money to afford a private school by the time your kid will be ready for that stage of their life...

The fees would have gone up further and income may not be able commiserate...

Friends we need to get leadership right in this country else even to feed will be a problem let alone get married, have a child and sending them to private school.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by hanyechukwu88981: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2020
Many of you think all schools are like Covenant and Babcock?If you get to some private tertiary institutions you will cry. While they are fast, a lot are nothing but glorified secondary school.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 05, 2020
A Room/parlour self con with a gated and very neat compound needed around sango Ogun State.
call or whatsapp 08149833680

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by WalkerMichael(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2020
better to school in a developed country in my opinion if fund is available.
Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Honduras01:

I have concluded that all my children will attend private schools from primary to university level and even for postgraduate studies for those who wish to pursue it in Nigeria (for any of them who wish to go for it). If possible I will find international scholarships for their undergraduate and postgraduate studies around the world.
I can't allow ASUU destroy the destiny of my kids all in the name of fighting for them. May God bless my hustlings to do this.
Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by duduade: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
olawalepopoola:

Work very hard
Re: ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
olawalepopoola:

Nah today u know? lolz grin

(1) (Reply)

UNN Post Graduate Admission / Nigeria Postal Code Not Zip Code / Unilag Msc In Public Health Test Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.