Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,575 members, 7,847,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:18 PM

Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received (377 Views)

"I Started Small, Bank Of Industry Lifted Me" - Innoson / List Of Business(es) That Are Eligible For Bank Of Industry Loan / A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by HOLYSEE(m): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2020
Who else received a call from Bank of Industry requesting for CAC Number.
I submitted successfully my loan application weeks ago. Today I got the call from a regular line that I should send the CAC number. I am very sceptical as I already provided that info on the Regisgration portal. I hid my number and called the line after trying all BOI official line to no avail. The young man said he is a corper standing for the account officer in charge of my application, and since I am sceptical I should wait till he is on seat.
I asked him to send a mail, but said it's not within his jurisdiction to do that.
I want to know if anyone has been in my shoes before. Also can by BN number be used by fraudsters. Am I making a big mistake not sending or I should ignore
I NEED COUNSEL ASAP
THANKS
Re: Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by Primenet(m): 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2020
Go to the bank yourself for all inquiries.
Hope this helps?
Re: Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by SavageResponse(m): 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2020
HOLYSEE:
I submitted successfully my loan application weeks ago. Today I got the call from a regular line that I should send the CAC number. I am very sceptical as I already provided that info on the Regisgration portal. I hid my number and called the line after trying all BOI official line to no avail. The young man said he is a corper standing for the account officer in charge of my application, and since I am sceptical I should wait till he is on seat.
I asked him to send a mail, but said it's not within his jurisdiction to do that.
I want to know if anyone has been in my shoes before. Also can by BN number be used by fraudsters. Am I making a big mistake not sending or I should ignore
I NEED COUNSEL ASAP
THANKS

Ever heard of identity theft before?

Your Bn, BVN etc or any number that is unique to you could be used for fraud in which you could be implicated in something you don't know.

If you have doubts then I suggest you go tho there office physically!
Re: Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by HOLYSEE(m): 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2020
Thank you..... I have that suspicion that's why I relented, but still didn't want to shoot my self in the leg, the reason I made this post.
SavageResponse:

Ever heard of identity theft before?

Your Bn, BVN etc or any number that is unique to you could be used for fraud in which you could be implicated in something you don't know.

If you have doubts then I suggest you go tho there office physically!
Re: Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by HOLYSEE(m): 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2020
Thank you
Primenet:
Go to the bank yourself for all inquiries.
Hope this helps?
Re: Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by bassdow: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2020
HOLYSEE:
I NEED COUNSEL ASAP
THANKS

Never do anything Transaction related over the Phone; always physically visit a Bank.

I have once refused providing my Date of Birth to a Bank Teller despite being with her in the Bank; kept telling her they've got that information already on their system and should make use of it rather than asking me.

Now imagine Someone asking me such over the Phone, even if I know you, wouldn't make me give you such information.

Am a developer; a Server administrator and a cyber security personnel hence am paranoid in how I do things.

Be Cyber Smart
Re: Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by Connoisseur(m): 8:23am On Nov 19, 2020
HOLYSEE:
I NEED COUNSEL ASAP
THANKS

Your CAC no is nothing to be afraid of.
Companies display it on their invoices, bill boards etc.
Send your CAC no, nobody can hurt you with that
Re: Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by Connoisseur(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2020
HOLYSEE:
I NEED COUNSEL ASAP
THANKS

Re: Bank Of Industry And The Call I Received by HOLYSEE(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you.
Done that.....The loan is being processed as we speak
Connoisseur:

(1) (Reply)

Imported Corn Used For Making Popcorn Needed. Any Idea Where I Can Buy From / Forex Trading Questions And Answers / Land Banking Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.