Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) (34038 Views)

Ladipo Market Is On Fire: Pictures & Video / Oando Crisis: Adeosun Queries SEC, Appoints New Director-general / Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by dansolution: 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
The fire is still burning
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by pomide(m): 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
Must be a diesel tank cos why e still dey burn since morning?
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by Vivy75: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
God have mercy �
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by benqo01(m): 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2020
This Sanwolu get bad head........terrible things do happen in lagos this his regime is full of bad things
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2020
Fire
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by chaloskyx: 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2020
BY NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE FIRE HYDRANTS STATIONED IN THAT TANK FATM NOT TO BE USING FIRE TRUCKS THAT HAVE A LIMITED SUPPLY AND CAPACITY OF WATER NO IOTA OF HSSE SAFTY PROCEEDURE THAT TANK WOULD BURN TO THE GROUNG AND IF NOT CAREFUL EXPLODE DUE TO THE RISING HEAT BUILDING UP IN THAT TANK
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by enoone7: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2020
the fire is still burning hard
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by mechanics(m): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2020
If it where in abroad, a fire fighting helicopter would have done the magic.
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by excomarow(m): 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2020
900warriorz:
grin grin grin Bros, calm down naa...you sabi countries and capital reach me? tongue

FTC not FCT
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by presido997(m): 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
It's still burning ooooo for the past 9 hours the fire is becoming more heavier....We need ur prayer

Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by 900warriorz: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
excomarow:

FTC not FCT
to think I don't know that is ignorance on your part cheesy

Been a nairalander way long before you joined in 2016 bro grin
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by excomarow(m): 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
900warriorz:
to think I don't know that is ignorance on your part cheesy

Been a nairalander way long before you joined in 2016 bro grin
2016... You r still a baby in this forum from were i stand... Accept your typographic error n move on
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by 900warriorz: 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
excomarow:

2016... You r still a baby in this forum from were i stand... Accept your typographic error n move on
Mr. Man....na you join nairaland 2016 not me. cheesy grin

It is not a typographical error....it was intentional and if you no gree, shoot your yourself. cheesy

From where you stand in this forum and yet you never be MOD. grin
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by tunjilee003: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2020
Mkelv0106:
For once, quick response of the Federal fire service, commendable...
Ramsey Bolton, a tyrant lord of the north....
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by NomzyJust(m): 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
That fire can't be stopped. Best to let it burn out.
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
enoone7:
the fire is still burning hard
I knew those fire service men were just wasting their time pouring water. Anyway this is a good research work to find the appropriate chemical mixture that can manipulate the octane number and quench the fire.
But could be the possible cause of the fire need some enlightenment.
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by Thunday1005(m): 12:03am On Nov 06, 2020
Thank God firefighter have water this time around grin
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by naptu2: 12:15am On Nov 06, 2020
If you watch the video, you'll notice that there are fire hydrants around.

Secondly, you'll notice that the firefighters are wetting the area around the tank in order to prevent the fire from spreading while the fire in the tank burns out.
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by DareyFortified: 12:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Mkelv0106:
For once, quick response of the Federal fire service, commendable...

Try this, set your house on fire, call them and see if you will still commend them.
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by Offpoint1: 5:51am On Nov 06, 2020
TeGaTeGa1:
Is dat water touching the fire at all?
I doubt, as of 7pm the fire was still burning.
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by sweetrace(f): 7:38am On Nov 06, 2020
fineboynl:
tinubu need to plead to Nigerians for lekki massacre. just when the gods and God abandoned you.

Did Tinubu kill anyone at Lekki? Was there any massacre? Have you been to the toll gate to check yourself? What is wrong with you people fighting so hard to maintain a lie? Do you know that if Oando is not quick and proactive, many lives will be lost from this fire? That we feel that Tinubu is not an honorable or honest person does not mean we accuse him of what did not take place.

Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by Snappydd: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2020
uruba23:
Hmmm volume of fuel in the tank farm verse volume of water in the fire service truck can someone explain to me the possibility of quenching the fire.

The firetrucks are already connected to the hydrant lines for steady water supply.
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by naptu2: 11:14am On Nov 06, 2020
Here's what's happening.

There is only one tank burning, as you can see in the pictures below. The firefighters are concentrating on wetting the environment around the tank to ensure that the fire does not spread. They have succeeded in doing that (as you can also see from the pictures).

They are going to let the fire in the tank to burn itself out while ensuring that the fire does not spread.

There are fire hydrants in the area and the appliances on the ground are connected to the hydrants.

Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by autamahmud(m): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2020
sapientia:
Is it off?

Is still burning as I type more than 24hrs
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by sapientia(m): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2020
autamahmud:

Is still burning as I type more than 24hrs

Thanks for the update

Our Federal fire service cannot put out a fire of this magnitude

Na wa oooo

What if it was multiple tank farms.

Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by sapientia(m): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2020
naptu2:
Here's what's happening.

There is only one tank burning, as you can see in the pictures below. The firefighters are concentrating on wetting the environment around the tank to ensure that the fire does not spread. They have succeeded in doing that (as you can also see from the pictures).

They are going to let the fire in the tank to burn itself out while ensuring that the fire does not spread.

There are fire hydrants in the area and the appliances on the ground are connected to the hydrants.

Thanks for the update

I almost tagged you to know what's on happening.
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by autamahmud(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2020
sapientia:

Thanks for the update

Our Federal fire service cannot put out a fire of this magnitude

Na wa oooo

What if it was multiple tank farms.

That will be to run and leave Lagos oh. Cus I'm sure it will burn to the ground. My prayer remains I hope it won't spread amen
Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by naptu2: 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2020
Update 1

Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by naptu2: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
Update 2

Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by naptu2: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
Update 3

Re: Oando Tank Farm In Ijora On Fire (Pictures) by naptu2: 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2020
More

Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) / If I Die.... Is Elon Musk's Life Under A Threat? / Where Can I Get Stockfish, Crayfish And Dried Fish To Resell?