Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo (12935 Views)

Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo / Ruling On A Woman Putting Her Picture On Social Media / Ruling On Muslim Using Tattoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Lukgaf(m): 5:11am On Nov 06, 2020
"Tribal marks are created using sharp instruments such as razor blades, knives or glass and in some cases, flesh is cut from the skin to create a gash, which later heals and leaves a permanent pattern on the body while tattoo is a form of body modification made by inserting indelible ink into the dermis layer of the skin to change the pigment."

Historically, across many tribes in Africa tribal marks have become a way of identification, beautification and protection. Tribal marks are created using sharp instruments such as razor blades, knives or glass and in some cases, flesh is cut from the skin to create a gash, which later heals and leaves a permanent pattern on the body while tattoo is a form of body modification made by inserting indelible ink into the dermis layer of the skin to change the pigment.

Effects of tattoo and facial mark includes:

1. Health effect: Use of unsterilized instrument can cause Infections in skin, Tetanus, HIV and hepatitis B.

2. Psychological, emotional and social effect: Skin disorder, Skin allergies, Swelling, Burning and the healing process might leave a scar and develop keloids.

Islam discourage causing our own destruction, creating tribal marks is risky and many people have been afflicted by it. Allaah says: “Do not cause your own destruction” (Al-Baqarah: 195). Regarding tattoo, Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him, said the one who gives tattoos and the one who receives them have been cursed, as well as the one who makes hair extensions and the one who receives them, the one who consumes usury and the one who pays it, and the one who marries and divorces a woman in order to make her lawful for another and the one who marries her. Sunan An-Nasa’i 314 6th Saheeh (authentic) according to Al-Albani.

Therefore, tattoo is forbidden. Sheik Ibn Baz validate that there is no difference between tattoos on the face or on the hand or elsewhere. With regard to what has been done in the past as a result of ignorance, it is sufficient to repent for that, and praise be to Allaah. If it is possible to remove it without causing harm, then that must be done. With regard to the future, after coming to know the ruling of Allaah, the Muslim must beware of that which Allaah has forbidden. This applies to both men and women. Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat li’l-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 6/404. Tribal marks and tattoo on the face, stomach, hand or elsewhere have no evidence in the Sharee’ah. Let's stop it!

May Allah grant us understanding of His religion and accept it as an act of ‘ibadah.

Source: Fiqh class foundation

7 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by AntiChristian: 6:40am On Nov 06, 2020
Tribal marks and tattoos are forbidden as said. We seek Allah's forgiveness in all our transgressions!

The tattoos even looks disgusting sef!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:50am On Nov 06, 2020
it's sinful
It's same as changing the creation of Allah
just like cutting dogs tail or cows tail

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by AlphaMajestic: 10:21am On Nov 06, 2020
So i wanted to comment here...and i was asked if i was a muslim...i mistakenly said yes..please i want to say no before Allah will notice me here... am scared grin

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by geesilver(m): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2020
mashallah

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by geesilver(m): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2020
i love tottoo but I can't have them on me.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Savagethe21st(m): 10:23am On Nov 06, 2020
Please help remove mohammed from my profile...i can never accept allah as my God

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by geesilver(m): 10:25am On Nov 06, 2020
Savagethe21st:
Please help remove mohammed from my profile...i can never accept allah as my God
don't worry after a while it will disappear, why did you miss road to this thread

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by TruthHurts1(m): 10:29am On Nov 06, 2020
The late Aare Musulumi of Yoruba land Alhaji Azeez Arisekola Alao had tribal marks, so did the Sardauna of Sokoto. In fact, I would say 90% of the people I know who have tribal marks are Muslima. Are they an inferior breed of muslims for having tribal marks?

AntiChristian:
Tribal marks and tattoos are forbidden as said. We seek Allah's forgiveness in all our transgressions!

The tattoos even looks disgusting sef!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by icekidmuktar(m): 10:33am On Nov 06, 2020
Savagethe21st:
the way you talk, I can sense that you are a sad person, embrace Islam and you will be happy all your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Egein(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2020
Lmao. Does this mean most Ibadan muslims wont make heaven?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by marvin906(m): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2020
icekidmuktar:
the way you talk, I can sense that you are a sad person, embrace Islam and you will be happy all your life

Yes oooo..
With 7 vi.rgi.ns

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Ykc2(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2020
Then northerners and ogbomosho and oyo people will not go to Muslim heaven,what of suicide bombing for 72 virgins? undecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by marvin906(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2020
Tattoos is wrong even in my religion so give you that but tribal mark's that means majority of yoruba Muslims are committing haram

13 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by peppermint7(m): 10:41am On Nov 06, 2020
Lukgaf:
"Tribal marks are created using sharp instruments such as razor blades, knives or glass and in some cases, flesh is cut from the skin to create a gash, which later heals and leaves a permanent pattern on the body while tattoo is a form of body modification made by inserting indelible ink into the dermis layer of the skin to change the pigment."

I accepted the declaration to come in here to tell you that y’all poo holes. A religion that does not rules on killings. Jihad sucide bombings. Perversion. Bleep You all hypocrites. Brainwashed pokes.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by sofiscatedmoron: 10:42am On Nov 06, 2020
Say no More

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by busky007: 10:42am On Nov 06, 2020
Allah no dey tire

11 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by yahmohy27: 10:43am On Nov 06, 2020
Na'am, jazakaAllahu Khaira
May Allah have mercy on all of US

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Fmghewzy(m): 10:54am On Nov 06, 2020
Ykc2:
Then northerners and ogbomosho and oyo people will not go to Muslim heaven,what of suicide bombing for 72 virgins? undecided

Imagine 72 virgins does that even makes sense at all, they want to overpopulate heaven or what.or
So they can be fucking 24/7.

Some things are just illogical.
It's a pity some people can't reason

20 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Plut01: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2020

In short, my cousin that had been slamming his head for the past 30 years will not enter janaat.

Make I quickly go tell am.

15 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by RealEzee(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2020
Mod should help me remove the Muslim declaration ish on my profile, I'm no Muslim, yet I can't understand why one must accept it to comment, thought NL is a public forum tho

In regards to Tattoos, I feel this is where faith and culture comes to play, lots of our old folks have tats, una Sha go call am tribal marks, yimu it's tats lasun, yet quick to judge the younger folks for their tats, whereas tats that younger folks do is the same thing just improved tech used in making the tats on thier skin unlike their older folks.

All that been said, the ruling on tats is more or less the popular belief of those who my Muslim brothers and sisters inherited not the faith per se, imitating the very culture of the people who they share the Muslim religion with.

Cos I can think about all the old mamas way dey abk now ooo and them get tats(tribal marks to u old folks) and they're Muslims ooo, be like say them no dey go heaven lasun.

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Onitola2: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2020
Lukgaf:
Pls is the ruling on permanent tattoo only or temporary one also?

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by mu2sa2: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
Plut01:

In short, my cousin that had been slamming his head for the past 30 years will not enter janaat.

Ignorance is a disease. What you deride as "slamming his head" is exactly how Jesus prayed as the bible authoritatively records in Mathew 26:39:
"Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
Hallelujah/Allahu Akbar, Jesus prayed exactly the way muslims pray salat today i.e by placing his face to ground.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by RealEzee(m): 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
mu2sa2:
Ignorance is a disease. What you deride as "slamming his head" is exactly how Jesus prayed as the bible authoritatively records in Mathew 26:39:
"Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
Hallelujah/Allahu Akbar, Jesus prayed exactly the way muslims pray salat today i.e by placing his face to ground.
last time I checked Jesus came before Muslims, so it's safe to say Muslims pray like Jesus, just going by your angle tho.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by AntiChristian: 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
TruthHurts1:
The late Aare Musulumi of Yoruba land Alhaji Azeez Arisekola Alao had tribal marks, so did the Sardauna of Sokoto. In fact, I would say 90% of the people I know who have tribal marks are Muslima. Are they an inferior breed of muslims for having tribal marks?

Where was this inferred by the OP?

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Plut01: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2020
mu2sa2:

Who cares about your Jesus.
Already taking it as Christian vs Muslim thing Lol
Ignorance is indeed a disease.
Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by zeeprince(m): 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
Plut01:

Who cares about your Jesus.
Already taking it as Christian vs Muslim thing Lol
Ignorance is indeed a disease.
sir with due respect this is an Islamic page .kindly respect yourself. thanks
Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Plut01: 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
zeeprince:
sir with due respect this is an Islamic page ,old kindly respect yourself. thanks

OK
Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Bimpe29: 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2020
May we be rightly guided.
Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by zeeprince(m): 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2020
Plut01:

that's not what the op meant sir. no one would hold you responsible for a sin you committed ignorantly or out of forgetfulness.. your cousin might have been marked from childhood which of course is not his fault and might not be the fault of his parents too if they too were ignorant of it. the responsibility now falls upon the younger generations to learn and correct the errors of the old by not mixing their culture with Islam.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo by Plut01: 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
zeeprince:
that's not what the op meant sir. no one would hold you responsible for a sin you committed ignorantly or out of forgetfulness.. your cousin might have been marked from childhood which of course is not his fault and might not be the fault of his parents to if they too were ignorant of it. the responsibility now falls upon the younger generations to learn and correct the errors of the old by not mixing their culture with Islam.

So they should leave their culture for Arab culture that came with Islam? Man, forget that thing, same Allah that created the Arabian is the one that created my cousin and there is no reasonable justification for rejecting a wonderful Yoruba culture for imported Arab culture.
Yoruba culture is superior and Allah himself knows this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan: Muslims In Nigeria To Commence Fasting Tomorrow / Ruling On Performing Ablution When Wearing Lipsticks / How Should We Return The Greetings From A Non-muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.