Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria (670 Views)

Just Landed In Gombe, Is This A Wedding Or Rally? - Atiku Asks / NLC Mobilises For Protests Against Fuel Price Hike On Jan. 27th, Feb. 1st / Don't Protest Or Rally In My Name — Igboho Warns From Beninese Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 6:08am On Nov 06, 2020
Know your rights. I read with trepidation the press release of the Lagos State Police spokesman Muyiwa Adejobi.. and concluded that it's either he doesn't know the constitution he's protecting or he's an enemy of the Nigerian Police. ... The earlier the police authorities realize that they're just providing a service at the pleasure of Nigerians the sooner we'd have peace

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 6:08am On Nov 06, 2020
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by Mancrossfire: 6:09am On Nov 06, 2020
Nigeria is not a country governed by constitution. Our constitution is just a smokescreen, no respect to rule of law and a failed judicial system. The system has been destroyed and at this juncture I think is beyond redemption except there is a bloody revolution where everyone would be ready to pay the ultimate price for our children to have a country govern by the constitution and respect to the rule of law regardless of political or social class.

Police brutality and bad governance will not end in this country until there is a revolution, the kind that would put an end to these so called "cabals",The kind that will put an end to political godfatherism and strong men.

We need strong institutions not strong men!

1 Like

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by helinues: 6:12am On Nov 06, 2020
Me I don't know about other region oo, but for now, any protesters in any part of SW states would be shot at sight

Simple as ABC
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 6:14am On Nov 06, 2020
helinues:
Me I don't know about other region oo, but for now, any protesters in any part of SW states would be shot at sight

Simple as ABC
By who? The police in hiding or overstretched Army? Don't give the People a reason to go further with protests. Tell your masters to make Nigeria work for all...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by helinues: 6:15am On Nov 06, 2020
weyreypey:

By who? The police in hiding or overstretched Army? Don't give the People a reason to go further with protests. Tell your masters to make Nigeria work for all...

Stop hiding behind your keyboard.

Start fresh protest today and come back later to update us.
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 6:17am On Nov 06, 2020
helinues:

Indomie generation... Tell the govt to return SARS back to the street

5 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by Amb1045(m): 6:18am On Nov 06, 2020
quote the law for them. most this Fulani fishing out threat don't even know law. mofos
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by omodaamola: 6:19am On Nov 06, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by IamPlato(m): 6:23am On Nov 06, 2020
Una too like wahala...

Let's use our brain to think not emotions...

If you are told not to protest then don't, if you do you know what they will do to you.

If you cause another blood shed, you will not be seen as heroes but casualties...

Make we think instead of going out in masses like cows

That like in my signature takes you straight to a book that can change our generation

Click and read it for free

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by Yobabad: 6:26am On Nov 06, 2020
helinues:

Simple as ABC
. Unity begars everywhere, the zu must go

1 Like

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 6:26am On Nov 06, 2020
IamPlato:
Una too like wahala
While I am NOT in support of destruction and looting.... I think the police needs to understand their limitations.. and understand that there just providing services at the pleasure of the citizenry of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by IamPlato(m): 6:28am On Nov 06, 2020
weyreypey:

While I am NOT in support of destruction and looting.... I think the police needs to understand their limitations.. and understand that there just providing services at the pleasure of the citizenry of Nigeria
Tell me why they will allow you protest after what happened the last time...
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by Kingnutts(m): 6:29am On Nov 06, 2020
the reminder
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 6:30am On Nov 06, 2020
IamPlato:
Tell me why they will allow you protest after what happened the last time...
They don't have right to deny protests

3 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2020
weyreypey:
Know your rights. I read with trepidation the press release of the Lagos State Police spokesman Muyiwa Adejobi.. and concluded that it's either he doesn't know the constitution he's protecting or he's an enemy of the Nigerian Police. ... The earlier the police authorities realize that they're just providing a service at the pleasure of Nigerians the sooner we'd have peace
A good expose my brother, preach on!

Most folks are actually ignorant of the law, even the custodians of the laws are very ignorant of it and would try to bully everyone into doing their selfish bidding.

3 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by IamPlato(m): 6:35am On Nov 06, 2020
weyreypey:

Yeah they don't....

Go and tell them and see if your rights will mean a thing
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 6:37am On Nov 06, 2020
weyreypey:

The Nigerian police is vested with the responsibility of maintaining law and order. They are not vested with the power to decide who, will protest, where and when. However, their duty is to ensure the manner of such protest do not degenerate into violence and looting. It is the full right of any citizen of any country who is aggrieved or unsatisfied by the service provided to him/her to protest and demand for a better condition of living.

2 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 6:38am On Nov 06, 2020
IamPlato:
Yeah they don't....

Go and tell them and see if your rights will mean a thing
That's the beauty of nonviolence protests... You don't need the normal channel of complaints... you're rewriting other ones

2 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 6:39am On Nov 06, 2020
kingreign:

The Nigerian police is vested with the responsibility of maintaining law and order. They are not vested with the power to decide who, will protest, where and when. However, their duty is to ensure the manner of such protest do not degenerate into violence and looting. It is the full right of any citizen of any country who is aggrieved or unsatisfied by the service provided to him/her to protest and demand for a better condition of living.
Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 6:40am On Nov 06, 2020
That said, here We are in a society where value for human life and right is thrown into abyss and anyone can raise up voice to threaten and make good his threats to kill or destroy any protest or protesters even when the protest and protesters are demonstrating peacefully and such protests will be for his benefits and the benefit of the threators generations (sic).

1 Like

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by Biafrawemove: 7:48am On Nov 06, 2020
IamPlato:
Una too like wahala...

Let's use our brain to think not emotions...

[/b]If you are told not to protest then don't, if you do you know what they will do to you. [b]

If you cause another blood shed, you will not be seen as heroes but casualties...

Make we think instead of going out in masses like cows

That like in my signature takes you straight to a book that can change our generation

Click and read it for free
Complete definition of a coward
They rather die than stand up for their right

3 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by IamPlato(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2020
Biafrawemove:

Complete definition of a coward
They rather die than stand up for their right
Shut the hell up brave man.

Is that how you want to die? Well that's like dying like every other casualty, there is no heroism to that bro...

If you want to win, read that book in my signature...

All these rubbish will just crash Nigeria
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 06, 2020
Since the last protest.

Some keyboard warriors have been chanting protest even though lives and properties were lost.

Why do you guys like anarchy.

That femi falana wants all of you to protest so that at the end, you gonna be a client to him.

Anyway, keyboard warriors will forever be keyboard warriors, empty threats nothing more than that.
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 8:16am On Nov 06, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Since the last protest.

Some keyboard warriors have been chanting protest even though lives and properties were lost.

Why do you guys like anarchy.

That femi falana wants all of you to protest so that at the end, you gonna be a client to him.

Anyway, keyboard warriors will forever be keyboard warriors, empty threats nothing more than that.

Tell that to the Nigerian police service

2 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by backnbeta(f): 8:26am On Nov 06, 2020
Nothing works in Nigeria. Our rulers only use the constitution when it favors them; it's a lawless county undecided

2 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 8:40am On Nov 06, 2020
backnbeta:
Nothing works in Nigeria. Our rulers only use the constitution when it favors them; it's a lawless county.
You said it all dearie.God help us as we help ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13am On Nov 06, 2020
helinues:

Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by ivolt: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2020
Neither is blocking roads, lynching, defacing or looting public property legal.
Re: Police Permit Not Needed For Protests Or Rally In Nigeria by weyreypey: 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2020
ivolt:
Neither is blocking roads, lynching, defacing or looting public property legal.
If blocked with sense

(1) (Reply)

Kalu Arrives Enugu With Gulfstream G650 To Celebrate Friend’s Birthday / Lekki Shooting:cnn Carried Out Hatchet Job On The Army–international Journalists / Just In: Appeal Court Rules On Metuh's Conviction, Dasuki's Indictment Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.