Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

What This Abbreviation Stands For. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What This Abbreviation Stands For. (1050 Views)

Who Is That Teacher, Whenever He Stands Like This, You Start Running? (Picture) / Lagos Number Plate Abbreviation / Mention One Abbreviation You Still Don't Know The Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What This Abbreviation Stands For. by chibowobbed(m): 9:38am On Nov 06, 2020
Good day all!
Straight up, I felt there was a need to make this little correction about the abbreviation ''BTW''.
I've noticed that a lot of people here take the abbreviation to mean ''BETWEEN''.
The abbreviation simply strands for the word '' BY THE WAY'' and not ''BETWEEN''.
Let's do well to correct this and use it properly.
Thanks for reading and do have a nice day

3 Likes

Re: What This Abbreviation Stands For. by BlessedSpirit: 9:55am On Nov 06, 2020
quite informative, but then...if I wirte
"I 'll see u tomorrow, btw, do u go to work on Saturdays?" and "I did share the cheese btw Jade and Jane"
...do u think I have used the acronym wrongly?

3 Likes

Re: What This Abbreviation Stands For. by ClassicMan202(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
BlessedSpirit:
quite informative, but then...if I wirte
"I 'll see u tomorrow, btw, do u go to work on Saturdays?" and "I did share the cheese btw Jade and Jane"
...do u think I have used the acronym wrongly?

No, you didn't... One is acronym and the other is abbreviation. I stand to be correct though.

3 Likes

Re: What This Abbreviation Stands For. by Skyfornia(m): 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
The one wey dey vex me pass is seeing people use 'quiet' when they actually want to write 'quite'

1 Like

Re: What This Abbreviation Stands For. by Freestainworld(m): 12:50am On Nov 07, 2020
Skyfornia:
The one wey dey vex me pass is seeing people use 'quiet' when they actually want to write 'quite'
I am guilty of that Mr lecturer.

(1) (Reply)

19-year-old Candidate Who Sued JAMB For N1bn Handed Over To Police / Why Most Phd Holders Are Poor Especially In Nigeria / How Brilliant Are You? – Lets See If You Can Solve This Simple Maths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.