Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue (714 Views)

Toyota Camry year 2008 first body untouched engine and gear AC cooling going for / Toyota Camry 2008, AC Working, Fabric, Black Color / Tokunbo Lexus Rx350 2008 Accident Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by Raysleek: 11:10am On Nov 06, 2020
Hello guys, very early in october, I noticed my ac wasnt cooling as it used to especially if I use it on high fan speed, the passenger front side will be cooling slightly but the driver side was just normal hot air. But when used on low fan speeds both sides will cool.
On the 10th of october I took the vehicle yo an ac tech in mechanic village first gate around ogba he said the refridgerant was low after checking with his guage. I told asked him if he was sure it wasnt a leak and he said since it's the refridgerant that came with the vehicle it might just need refilling. Nb! The car was bought in February.
He filled the gas r134a chems and the ac was working perfectly. About 10 days later I started the car and notice the ac wasnt working at all, the compressor was working but no cool air. This time I was convinced it was a leak. On the 22nd I took it to another tech and he said there was a leak, he check the hood and saw traces of the green compressor oil on the inlet port of the compressor so he told me the leak was from there and I was convinced it was from there. He sealed it up and cleaned the hose so if there was any leakage again, we would know. To my surprise on the 2nd of november the same issue occurred I checked the pipe he worked on before to see if there were traces of the leak but I didnt find any but I saw traces of green oil on the body of the compressor. So guys pls of there are any ac gurus ot techs in the house that can fix this ac permanently, I wont hesitate to patronize. Cc Gazzuzz

Re: Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by ameristu: 11:29am On Nov 06, 2020
If you see traces of leak on the body of the compressor, the compressor is leaking and would need to be replaced eventually.
Re: Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by dru23(m): 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2020
Raysleek:
Hello guys, very early in october, I noticed my ac wasnt cooling as it used to especially if I use it on high fan speed, the passenger front side will be cooling slightly but the driver side was just normal hot air. But when used on low fan speeds both sides will cool.
On the 10th of october I took the vehicle yo an ac tech in mechanic village first gate around ogba he said the refridgerant was low after checking with his guage. I told asked him if he was sure it wasnt a leak and he said since it's the refridgerant that came with the vehicle it might just need refilling. Nb! The car was bought in February.
He filled the gas r134a chems and the ac was working perfectly. About 10 days later I started the car and notice the ac wasnt working at all, the compressor was working but no cool air. This time I was convinced it was a leak. On the 22nd I took it to another tech and he said there was a leak, he check the hood and saw traces of the green compressor oil on the inlet port of the compressor so he told me the leak was from there and I was convinced it was from there. He sealed it up and cleaned the hose so if there was any leakage again, we would know. To my surprise on the 2nd of november the same issue occurred I checked the pipe he worked on before to see if there were traces of the leak but I didnt find any but I saw traces of green oil on the body of the compressor. So guys pls of there are any ac gurus ot techs in the house that can fix this ac permanently, I wont hesitate to patronize. Cc Gazzuzz

My wild guess is that the a/c compressor might be gone .. And if you do plan to get another a/c compressor you are taking a gamble .. Avoid manual a/c compressor at all cost .. The R 134a gas used in Nigeria are usually fake and will end up damaging your a/c compressor .. Either way you will need to spend money to actually pinpoint the issue with the a/c ..

My recommendation is take your car to Radauto. And have them check it out for you .. It will cost you money, but you save money and headache in the long run ..
Re: Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by Raysleek: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
dru23:

My wild guess is that the a/c compressor might be gone .. And if you do plan to get another a/c compressor you are taking a gamble .. Avoid manual a/c compressor at all cost .. The R 134a gas used in Nigeria are usually fake and will end up damaging your a/c compressor .. Either way you will need to spend money to actually pinpoint the issue with the a/c ..

My recommendation is take your car to Radauto. And have them check it out for you .. It will cost you money, but you save money and headache in the long run ..
Could the compressor be the reason why the system is losing gas?
Re: Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by dru23(m): 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2020
Raysleek:

Could the compressor be the reason why the system is losing gas?

It could be ..the compressor might have a leak somewhere, take it to Radauto in lekki and have them check it out ....better to get to the bottom of things asap
Re: Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by Raysleek: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
dru23:

It could be ..the compressor might have a leak somewhere, take it to Radauto in lekki and have them check it out ....better to get to the bottom of things asap
Will try to do that. Will plan for that since I stay at ogun state and I'm closer to ojodu berger
Re: Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by 2cribz: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
The point they start handling and manhandling that car,u go hail. All these charge and bail ac man we have these days.
Re: Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by Raysleek: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
@gazzuzz
Re: Lexus Rx350 2008 Ac Cooling Issue by Raysleek: 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
So I have decided to do this job my self since almost all techs don't know what they are doing and the ones that are skilled are too busy. So guys join me on my journey to a DIY detectection of car a car ac leak

(1) (Reply)

Tokz Acura 2012 Model / Foreign Used 014 Toyota Venza 4plugs Fabrics With Duty / Clean Registered 2010 Toyota Camry Sport Edition With Navigation Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.