Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima (776 Views)

Nigeria Did Not Apply To Join BRICS, Says Shettima / Zulum Is Coming / The Picture Of Governor Zulum Is An Old Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by raphretle: 6:18am On Nov 07, 2020
Kashim Shettima, the immediate past governor of Borno State, has affirmed that his successor, Professor Babagana Zulum, is better than him in all ramifications.

Shettima, who is representing Borno Central Senatorial District  at the National Assembly, said his choice of governor Zulum to succeed him was not for personal reasons, but in the best interest of the state.

According to Daily Trust, he disclosed this while delivering a paper at a Public Lecture organized by a Coalition of Youths Groups in Birnin Kebbi, with the theme: “Youths Development and Mentorship: The Role of Northern Elites.”

He explained that he crossed a number of hurdles to eventually arrive at choosing Zulum, whom he also described as a trustworthy politician.

The former governor advised leaders to understand that leadership is a trust from God, adding that it should be seen as a temporal session that one must account for in the hereafter.

“As leaders, we must put a sense of mentorship, train the youth to the best of our ability, bearing in mind that we cannot live forever,” he advised.

Shettima, speaking on mentorship, noted that there is nothing more dangerous than to entrust power to intellectually incompetent persons.

He also lamented that majority of Nigerian youths lack education or skills for entrepreneurship.

He stressed the need for youths to be committed in the pursuit of education, in order to be able to drive the country to its promise land.
Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by tillaman(m): 6:23am On Nov 07, 2020
grin
Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by chatinent: 6:34am On Nov 07, 2020
Money enter hand, mouth go freestyle.

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by OfficialAwol(m): 6:48am On Nov 07, 2020
If godfatherism will be producing people of Zulum calibre, and he's allowed free hand to perform, nobody will be complaining about godfathers.

Same way I had tremendous amount of respect for Tinubu after he midwifed the emergence of Fashola in Lagos, Fayemi in Ekiti and Aregbesola in Osun ( pardon his debt, dude wasn't all bad). But Tinubu felt he was now big enough and played dangerous politics with the collective destiny of the South. That was when Tinubu lost the respect of sane Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by nony43(m): 6:52am On Nov 07, 2020
I don't know why we have people like Zulum and Umahi and still have Buhari as President

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by naija4life247: 7:43am On Nov 07, 2020
So this is Professor Zulu’s godfather just as Tinubu is Professor Osinbajo’s godfather.

Only gods of men can be godfathers to Professors.
Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by orisa37: 8:01am On Nov 07, 2020
He is not a. Bokoharam and not an FH. He doesn't know Mohammed Yusuf. He talks straight and he's neither a Coupist nor a Military Apologist. He is a Professor and a Nigerian.

God bless ZULUM.

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by helinues: 8:04am On Nov 07, 2020
Thanks for admitting...

You were part of those who sponsor the emergence of Boko Haram, that's only if you are still not sponsporing..
Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by Asidy(m): 9:15am On Nov 07, 2020
that's true.
Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by raphretle: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2020
True
Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by Likasite: 2:20pm On Nov 07, 2020
I Don't Think There Is God Fatherism In Play here.

And If There Is, It Is Not So Practical.

Bourdillon Has Never Publicly Praised Any Of His Stooge, Its Always The Other Way Round And They Do It To High Heavens.

When Bourdillon Calls, I Answer. - Sanwo Eko

The Reason The Professor Succeeded Him Is Because Of Loyalty.
He Trusts Him To Cover The Deals He Made During His As Governor
The Professor Also Is a Good Man.
But Then, Good Men Do Bad Things Too.
Re: Zulum Is Better Than Me In Everything, Says Shettima by Rhapsodia: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2020
Okay cheesy

According to Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, "It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind"

(1) (Reply)

Proudly Anioma Proudly Igbo Group Congratulates The New Army Chief / Nnamdi Kanu Is A Fraudster Urhobo People Live On Facebook Exposes Him / Six Quick Facts About EFCC Chairman Nominee Bawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.