Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Dele Momodu's Full Interview With Governor Nyesom Wike Over Oyigbo Crisis(video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu's Full Interview With Governor Nyesom Wike Over Oyigbo Crisis(video) (875 Views)

Vp Shettima Slams Nigerians For Laughing At Naira's Crisis - (video) / Message For Wike: American, Susan Mount, Calls Out Governor Over Oyigbo Killings / Ralph Uwazuruike Blasts Wike Over Hotel Demolition Says "What Nonsense Governor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu's Full Interview With Governor Nyesom Wike Over Oyigbo Crisis(video) by Treasure7515(f): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2020
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has addressed allegations of genocide against Igbos residing in Oyigbo Local Government Area of the state.

The Governor in an Instagram live interview with Dele Momodu on Friday stated clearly that he did not send the military or any other security outfit to the local government.

He said “Why would I Kill Igbos? If I do that it will affect the economy of my state. However, I will not watch some group of persons under the guise of IPOB create unrest”.

Wike said the allegations of genocide were political and blind to the real issues on ground. He also emphasised that the local government is spelt and pronounced ‘Oyigbo’ and not ‘Obigbo’.

The governor further stated that Rivers State is a multi-ethnic state which comprises of Ikwerre, Kalabari, Etche, Ekpeye, Ogoni, Ndoni and others. “The fact that some Igbos are predominant in an area does not make it an Igbo or an eastern state” Wike said.

Governor Wike also said that he never pegged any bounty on any member of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB. He, however, clarified that the arsonists who destroyed the properties of a chief of an Onne community begged for mercy and were handed over to the police.

Wike repeatedly assured that he will stop at nothing to ensure the safety of residents of Rivers State.

Watch the full video below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miw1AnVHkY0

Re: Dele Momodu's Full Interview With Governor Nyesom Wike Over Oyigbo Crisis(video) by Millimann: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2020
I just listened to the interview. What he said is different from what you wrote here.
Re: Dele Momodu's Full Interview With Governor Nyesom Wike Over Oyigbo Crisis(video) by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2020
Treasure7515:
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has addressed allegations of genocide against Igbos residing in Oyigbo Local Government Area of the state.

The Governor in an Instagram live interview with Dele Momodu on Friday stated clearly that he did not send the military or any other security outfit to the local government.

He said “Why would I Kill Igbos? If I do that it will affect the economy of my state. However, I will not watch some group of persons under the guise of IPOB create unrest”.

Wike said the allegations of genocide were political and blind to the real issues on ground. He also emphasised that the local government is spelt and pronounced ‘Oyigbo’ and not ‘Obigbo’.

The governor further stated that Rivers State is a multi-ethnic state which comprises of Ikwerre, Kalabari, Etche, Ekpeye, Ogoni, Ndoni and others. “The fact that some Igbos are predominant in an area does not make it an Igbo or an eastern state” Wike said.

Governor Wike also said that he never pegged any bounty on any member of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB. He, however, clarified that the arsonists who destroyed the properties of a chief of an Onne community begged for mercy and were handed over to the police.

Wike repeatedly assured that he will stop at nothing to ensure the safety of residents of Rivers State.

Watch the full video below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miw1AnVHkY0
Just like slave Tinubu, Mr Wike is ready to sacrifice many more Igbos because he wants to be Vice President in 2023. That's what they need to appease their Fulani gods up North. A non Fulani is a second class citizen in this corn tree.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Have Collective Opinion / Lekki Toll Gate:Who Is The True Owner:Lekki Concession Company or Lagos State? / I Don’t Need Donations From Diaspora – Sunday Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.