Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,679 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s (1454 Views)

OPPO A92 For ₦109,900: Is It Worth It? / OPPO Mobile Unveils The New OPPO A92, Tacha As Brand Ambassador / Oppo A92 Unboxing, First Impressions And Long Term Review + Price (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by kfykdot(f): 12:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
Pls which one should I go for?? A fan of games thou
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2020
kfykdot:
Huawei y9

1 Like

Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by kfykdot(f): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2020
musicproducer:
Huawei y9
Y9 or Y9s
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2020
kfykdot:

Y9 or Y9s
any u can afford or get a nokia 6.1 or plus

1 Like

Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Kunja2: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
kfykdot:
Hauwei 9s for me it's gaming efficient just as the TECNO Camon 16 Premier
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
musicproducer:
any u can afford or get a nokia 6.1 or plus

Nokia 6.1 plus is dope and pretty cheap
I don't know if the OP will be interested though
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2020
Kunja2:
Hauwei 9s for me it's gaming efficient just as the TECNO Camon 16 Premier

Habaaa
16 premier(Helio G90T) is stronger than y9s(Kirin 710f) naa
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Nokia 6.1 plus is dope and pretty cheap
I don't know if the OP will be interested though
shey n pretty n strong
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2020
kfykdot:

Sister all the phones are quite good

However i'd like you to note somethings

Oppo a92 has Snapdragon 665
Oppo a92 has Helio p95
Huawei y9s has Kirin 710f

Helio p95 appears to be a better processor but since you're a gamer I'll advise you to go for the oppo a92 with Snapdragon 665

Because mtk chipsets usually don't have strong GPUs as compared to Snapdragon
I can vouch for the sd665 because it's in my redmi note 8 and I run games with ease and phones that have Helio g70 and g80 (both processors are higher than sd665) can't run games at the graphics level that my sd665 can run it

So I advise you go for the oppo a92 it seems to be the right phone for you
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by kfykdot(f): 1:13am On Nov 08, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Oppo a92 has Helio pot

Helio p95 appears to be a better processor but since you're a gamer I'll advise you to go for the oppo a92 with Snapdragon 665

I can vouch for the sd665 because it's in my redmi note 8 and I run games with ease and phones that have Helio g70 and g80 (both processors are higher than sd665) can't run games at the graphics level that my sd665 can run it

Thanks
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Kunja2: 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Habaaa
16 premier(Helio G90T) is stronger than y9s(Kirin 710f) naa
really? You see now that OP needs to get the Camon 16 Premier since he's a gamer
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kunja2:
really? You see now that OP needs to get the Camon 16 Premier since he's a gamer

Yeah it would have been nice

That's over her budget though (116k)
Even the redmi note 8 pro which is pretty much at the Camon 16 premiers level is above her budget(80-90k)

It's why I didn't bother suggesting either
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Mark23(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Yeah it would have been nice

That's over her budget though (116k)
Even the redmi note 8 pro which is pretty much at the Camon 16 premiers level is above her budget(80-90k)

It's why I didn't bother suggesting either

Hey, do you mind opening my profile and checking out the topic I created asking for a recommendation?

I really need the advice, thanks.
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by chikizzy(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
Is both for affordable prices you can WhatsApp me for more details https:///2347033908893
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Meister(m): 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Oppo a92 has Helio p95

Bro how can you say SD 665 is better gaming wise than the g70 and 80 ? They both have higher GPU and CPU performance than the 665. Do your research again sir
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 11:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
Meister:

Bro how can you say SD 665 is better gaming wise than the g70 and 80 ? They both have higher GPU and CPU performance than the 665. Do your research again sir

I have smiley I wouldn't say it if I haven't
What I realised about the comparison is that they are just numbers because I've seen gaming on a phone with Helio g70 (infinix note 7) and Helio g80(redmi 9)

And frankly put none of them can run games at the graphics level that I can, for call of duty at least and I'm sure you'll know that call of duty is quite heavy

You'd have to actually compare gaming on all processors to understand, though I think some games are more optimised for some specific processors than others

But neither the Helio g70 or Helio g80 can run Call of duty on "high" they can only reach "medium" while the sd665 can go as far as "very high"

I'm thought I said that the Helio g80 and 70 are quite better than sd665 (because I've seen the rankings) but not in terms of gaming as far as I've seen at least

But if you can provide games that Helio g80 and g70 can handle better than sd665 I'll be more than eager to listen
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 14, 2020
Kunja2:
op not looking for a phone that will start giving issue after 4 month

1 Like

Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Meister(m): 10:11am On Nov 14, 2020
Zeroenochone:

I have smiley I wouldn't say it if I haven't
What I realised about the comparison is that they are just numbers because I've seen gaming on a phone with Helio g70 (infinix note 7) and Helio g80(redmi 9)

And frankly put none of them can run games at the graphics level that I can, for call of duty at least and I'm sure you'll know that call of duty is quite heavy

You'd have to actually compare gaming on all processors to understand, though I think some games are more optimised for some specific processors than others

But neither the Helio g70 or Helio g80 can run Call of duty on "high" they can only reach "medium" while the sd665 can go as far as "very high"

I'm thought I said that the Helio g80 and 70 are quite better than sd665 (because I've seen the rankings) but not in terms of gaming as far as I've seen at least

But if you can provide games that Helio g80 and g70 can handle better than sd665 I'll be more than eager to listen

Bro my brother uses redmi note 8 and COD automatically gets set to medium on the game, you can set it to very high on low fps but it wouldn't be as smooth as it should.

The g70 and 80 can play very smoothly on high graphics at medium fps at least, that I'm very sure of.

COD is actually not that heavy, camon 12 can even play it smoothly at low settings. The best games to check how well a phone can carry heavy games is PUBG, fortnite and the rest
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2020
Meister:

Bro my brother uses redmi note 8 and COD automatically gets set to medium on the game, you can set it to very high on low fps but it wouldn't be as smooth as it should.

The g70 and 80 can play very smoothly on high graphics at medium fps at least, that I'm very sure of.

COD is actually not that heavy, camon 12 can even play it smoothly at low settings. The best games to check how well a phone can carry heavy games is PUBG, fortnite and the rest

No actually it depends on the game mode you're playing if you set COD to Very high the option for high FPS is still available for all game modes but it'll only be truly high in multiplayer matches

If you play multiplayer matches at very high you'd still get 40 to 50 FPS

Last season (season 11) call of duty introduced another location, a sort of club house or something and my FPS there on very high is always stable at 60 FPS,

And as for battle royal it depends on the location, if you're in some places you'd still get up to 40 FPS(when you're not in any city or when you're running towards the edge of the map) and mostly you'd be playing at 23(in areas like downtown and sanitarium) to 30 FPS(in areas like sakura, kill house etc) mostly 30 FPS, however the frame rate could drop so rapidly for like a second that the game would seem to freeze for a second (most times I'm already dead before it comes back)
And I'm sure you know that the minimum FPS for smooth gaming is around 25 FPS (but I've played Borderlands 3 at 21 FPS before on my laptop though and it was relatively smooth but the rate dropped anytime there was an explosion or something)

Playing 'Alcatraz' on very high' is suicide because the FPS would be too low for most of the game (probably around 17 to 21 FPS or something I've not bothered to check since inly was so tasking) so it's better to run that one on medium

You can ask that your brother to confirm

And that's why I concluded that sd665 GPU is better because the it can at least force itself to run the game at that level. Moreso I think the fact that COD itself allows very high graphics settings for sd665 and not for Helio g70 or g80 means that it acknowledges the CPU

And Helio G80 and g70 that I've seen have not passed medium graphics settings

Even Helio p60 in the umidigi power 3 can reach high graphics settings and it'll play smoothly, sd636 also reaches high graphics settings I have a brother who's phone is running on sd636 but he has never actually tried playing it on high

Although it's all just based on my experience though I acknowledge that Helio g80 and g70 are quite better than sd665 but the gaming part of them didn't really impress me but perhaps they intentionally capped it down for both processors and maybe they can infact handle it on very high

I have a habit of pushing my devices to their limit, that's why transsion isn't suited for me at all, and so far this phone has been doing pretty well with everything I've been throwing at it smiley

I believe Fortnite is really heavy though, I couldn't run it even if I tried, PUBG however I don't think is that heavy because with the right game enhancing tools even an Umidigi a5pro would run it at a higher graphics settings though it would not be exactly smooth, I've seen several game plays on Redmi note 8 running it at HDR without any noticeable lags,I even think COD on very high has better textures than PUBG on HDR but I can't really say for sure I don't really know how to compare textures that much it's really a matter of preference to me

So I think PUBG intentionally capped their graphics levels for most processors despite some of them being capable of running it
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Meister(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
Zeroenochone:

No actually it depends on the game mode you're playing if you set COD to Very high the option for high FPS is still available for all game modes but it'll only be truly high in multiplayer matches

If you play multiplayer matches at very high you'd still get 40 to 50 FPS

Last season (season 11) call of duty introduced another location, a sort of club house or something and my FPS there on very high is always stable at 60 FPS,

And as for battle royal it depends on the location, if you're in some places you'd still get up to 40 FPS(when you're not in any city or when you're running towards the edge of the map) and mostly you'd be playing at 23(in areas like downtown and sanitarium) to 30 FPS(in areas like sakura, kill house etc) mostly 30 FPS, however the frame rate could drop so rapidly for like a second that the game would seem to freeze for a second (most times I'm already dead before it comes back)
And I'm sure you know that the minimum FPS for smooth gaming is around 25 FPS (but I've played Borderlands 3 at 21 FPS before on my laptop though and it was relatively smooth but the rate dropped anytime there was an explosion or something)

Playing 'Alcatraz' on very high' is suicide because the FPS would be too low for most of the game (probably around 17 to 21 FPS or something I've not bothered to check since inly was so tasking) so it's better to run that one on medium

You can ask that your brother to confirm

And that's why I concluded that sd665 GPU is better because the it can at least force itself to run the game at that level. Moreso I think the fact that COD itself allows very high graphics settings for sd665 and not for Helio g70 or g80 means that it acknowledges the CPU

And Helio G80 and g70 that I've seen have not passed medium graphics settings

Even Helio p60 in the umidigi power 3 can reach high graphics settings and it'll play smoothly, sd636 also reaches high graphics settings I have a brother who's phone is running on sd636 but he has never actually tried playing it on high

Although it's all just based on my experience though I acknowledge that Helio g80 and g70 are quite better than sd665 but the gaming part of them didn't really impress me but perhaps they intentionally capped it down for both processors and maybe they can infact handle it on very high

I have a habit of pushing my devices to their limit, that's why transsion isn't suited for me at all, and so far this phone has been doing pretty well with everything I've been throwing at it smiley

I believe Fortnite is really heavy though, I couldn't run it even if I tried, PUBG however I don't think is that heavy because with the right game enhancing tools even an Umidigi a5pro would run it at a higher graphics settings though it would not be exactly smooth, I've seen several game plays on Redmi note 8 running it at HDR without any noticeable lags,I even think COD on very high has better textures than PUBG on HDR but I can't really say for sure I don't really know how to compare textures that much it's really a matter of preference to me

So I think PUBG intentionally capped their graphics levels for most processors despite some of them being capable of running it

A number of your takes are very flawed. I use a note 9s and I'm not even allowed to set my fps to the highest settings when my graphics is in the highest settings.

I don't understand how you supposedly get 60fps in some game modes when I hardly ever get up to that and even if I do it's not stable.

I also don't know how you're able to play games in HDR when SD 665 is not HDR enabled.

I've watched numerous gaming reviews of these processors you're mentioning and a number of your takes are a mismatch
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2020
Meister:

A number of your takes are very flawed. I use a note 9s and I'm not even allowed to set my fps to the highest settings when my graphics is in the highest settings.

I don't understand how you supposedly get 60fps in some game modes when I hardly ever get up to that and even if I do it's not stable.

I also don't know how you're able to play games in HDR when SD 665 is not HDR enabled.

I've watched numerous gaming reviews of these processors you're mentioning and a number of your takes are a mismatch

Hmmm perhaps I'm wrong then but based on my experience, I've said what I've seen

The HDR part it was because I used a GFXtool

Mind you the club isn't a game mode and it's not available anymore, if you played season 11 you'd know

And the highest FPS settings for graphics is "max" and it's available for me at medium graphics settings

I'll send a few screenshots to you if that would suffice
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2020
Meister:

Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
Meister:

Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2020
As you can see smiley you can run PUBG on HDR with the right game enhancement tools

I've done it once �
Re: Oppo A93 Or Oppo A92 Or Huawei Y9s by Zeroenochone(m): 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
Meister:

As for the club house stuff here's what I think

The smaller the world the higher your FPS, club house isn't bigger the building with the record player in downtown, infact it's smaller, much smaller for that matter so there's no way you'll play club and won't be able to achieve 60fps

If your screen could support 120 FPS you'd clock it in club house
I think soldiers paradise is what it's really called

However this hypothesis of mine doesn't explain why Alcatraz is such a stress for my phone on very high because Alcatraz is pretty small yet my FPS there is usually low

(1) (Reply)

2 Months Old Umidigi S5 Pro At A Giveaway Price sold !!! / Mint Samsung Note 20 Ultra 256gb 320k!! ALL SOLD!! / Re: Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.