Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

I’ll Step Down For A Northern Candidate If The Need Arises- Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Step Down For A Northern Candidate If The Need Arises- Ribadu (695 Views)

Who Will Be Your Preferred Candidate If There Should Be A Reelection Today..... / AIT Gets Threatened By A Northern Group / we will present Fashola as APC presidential candidate if inec remove Buhari name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Step Down For A Northern Candidate If The Need Arises- Ribadu by assme: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2011
From GARBA MUHAMMAD, Kaduna
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Ribadu
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

The presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu has said he would not hesitate to step down for a northern candidate if the need arises. Ribadu’s disclosure came even as he expressed the belief that what the North was working towards, was to get the best candidate that could challenge the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the April elections.

He, therefore, expressed the need for the progressives to support one candidate to confront the PDP, which, according to him, “is a problem. ACN today is a northern party because I am the candidate.”

Speaking in Kaduna during the weekend, Ribadu said although he was not an advocate of zoning, he was optimistic that the north would do better if given the opportunity to produce the President. He added that those who wish the country well would have to come together to save Nigerians from the shackle of PDP’s failure.
“It is amazing when Jonathan talks about change, change for what? When you talk about change we are talking about new ideas and generational change.

I believe we can also change the political forum in the country but it will require hard work and dedication.
“Jonathan did not pardon me because I have not done anything wrong. When you fight corruption, it also fights you back. Last year, I was a fugitive. I never nursed the ambition of becoming the president, but thank God for the situation I found myself today.

“There were attempts on my life twice. I still have my car sprayed with bullets. Since I left the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), I have never called Obasanjo and I have nothing to do with him.
“Fundamentally, the problem of religious and ethnic crisis in Nigeria is as a result of leadership failure. If you do not take care of the Police, the Police will not take care of you. Last year, over 400 police officers lost their lives while discharging their duties nationwide.

“Gowon and his deputy were Christians, so I have chosen a Nigerian who probably happened to be a Muslim.
“Jonathan is playing politics with education, given the allocation to education in the national budget. Therefore, the creation of new universities when over 12 million graduates do not have jobs is not the solution of Nigeria’s education problem. The PDP government is worse than that of Mubarrak in Egypt,” he added.

(1) (Reply)

The Many Faces Of An Evil Governor - Vote Wisely / The Many Cost Of Postponement Of Elections / Acn Alliance With Cpc Failed! THERES NO ALLIANCE BETWEEN CPC AND ACN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.