Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

#endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] (629 Views)

Supreme Court Warns Buhari: Stop! Using Public Funds To Defend Yourself In Court / Ganduje: Let Buhari Speak For Himself, Moderator Cautions Osinbajo / Atiku, Ekweremadu, Akpabio Protest Against Buhari: "Buhari Stop The Killngs" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by 2mercy: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2020
The Buhari administration appears to be pursuing a policy of state vengeance against Nigerian youths linked with the October #EndSARS protests, that drew global attention to an atrocious and repressive unit of the Nigerian police.

While President Buhari had voiced out some understanding of the deep-seated anger of youths against the police and made moves to reform the institution, officials are now embarking on another course of action that only brought back memories of 1978, the Ali-Must-Go Protest.

This was under the military administration of General Olusegun Obasanjo, when students revolted against the increase in feeding and accommodation fees in the universities.

After the nationwide protest in April 1978, with several students killed, the military regime responded by rusticating student leaders. It also sacked university dons and officials deemed to have supported the protest.

Vice Chancellors were also sacked from their posts as the government stuck to the new regime of fees that sparked the protest.

We are witnessing the same reaction from agents of the state against, ‘leaders’ of the leaderless #EndSARS protest.

First, the immigration seized at the airport, the passport of a lawyer, who provided legal services to protesters detained by the police. The last time this practice was rife was under the military regime of General Abacha.

And now, the CBN secretly went to court to procure an order to freeze for 90 days the accounts of 20 people linked with the protest.

The CBN got the order, the same 20 October, when soldiers attacked unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos.

The last time we did a reality check, we are for God’s sake in a democratic regime, the hallmarks of which are the rights to dissent, protest and free speech.

We thought the Nigerian leaders accept these rights as inalienable, from their statements in the heat of the protests.

We are thus shocked by the moves by agents of the state to punish the Nigerian youths.

We are even more appalled that government is taking the punitive steps judging by the stories of atrocities by the disbanded police unit, coming out of the various judicial enquiries. The stories further justified the #EndSARS protest.

Dear President Buhari, Nigeria cannot make progress if the state apparatus tries to stifle the young ones, in expressing their views and protesting.

It is their right.

Let us not make zombies of our youths, as this country belongs to them. They have no where else to go.

We are thus calling on the government to call to order the CBN, the Immigration Department and the DSS from embarking on a policy of vengeance against the assumed masterminds of #EndSARS.

Let no attempt be made to confuse the protesters with the opportunistic hoodlums and bandits, who seized on the protest to unleash an orgy of looting and destruction in the country.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/11/07/endsars-let-buhari-stop-this-vengeance-against-nigerian-youths-editorial/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Perfecttouch(m): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
Stop speaking into the air
He doesn't know what's happening around him

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
So long as they are not northern youths, he will never listen or feel concerned. He sees the endsars protesters as kafir youths.

5 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by dontai(m): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2020
Seriously, nothing change.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by dat9jaguy(m): 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
We have a right to protest and the Government have an obligation to know if it was sponsored by subversive elements.
If their hands are clean then they have nothing to fear.

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by ACxxxMAN: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2020
dat9jaguy:
We have a right to protest and the Government have an obligation to know if it was sponsored by subversive elements.
If their hands are clean then they have nothing to fear.
Clownish reaction

3 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Fahdiga(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
Buhari has been a tyrant and a vengeful being all his life. Telling him to stop vengeance against the youths more especially southern youths is like telling him to stop breathing. It's impossible but he will meet his Waterloo soon

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by dat9jaguy(m): 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
ACxxxMAN:

Clownish reaction

We know nah. Any other view apart from yours and your type is 'Clownish reaction'.
I no fit shout abeg.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Moferere: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2020
You want to interface with people and you are arresting them?

This government ehnnn

3 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by surgical: 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
When they called him the most successful 419ner in Nigeria,, you think it's a joke trust buhari at your own peril, he obtains everything under false pretense,including the peace by endsàrs now he is showing his true colours
He also gave false campaign promises
He will go down as the most deceptive and unreliable president the country ever had

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by ivolt: 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
Why are a few hundred people claiming to be Nigerian youths? Bunch of arrogant folks.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
dat9jaguy:

We know nah. Any other view apart from yours and your type is 'Clownish reaction'.
I no fit shout abeg.
So adjoining protesters Bail application for 3 months is still part of finding if they were sponsored or not right ?

Do u investigate then arrest or arrest then investigate ?

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2020
The only solution for this rubbish is the youth pour out into the street and call for restructuring of Nigeria into 6 zones the let tribe decide which zones to join simple

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by SMI2020: 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
my generation is bouta to make history

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by dat9jaguy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
Igbochief001:

So adjoining protesters Bail application for 3 months is still part of finding if they were sponsored or not right ?

Do u investigate then arrest or arrest then investigate ?

See them changing the narrative. Their accounts were frozen for 90 days(3 months), not bail application or whatever you wrote up there.
Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Wolexdey(m): 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2020
The Youth's seriously needs to mobilize and head straight to Abuja... We are in a Democracy regime and not a Military regime... No one can scare the Youth's with bullets and sounds of guns...

If they have the heart of a Military personnel, the Youth's have the heart of a fearless and resilient NIGERIAN SPIRIT...

We are NIGERIANS and can never succumb to intimidation and fear... We all know how Abacha ended...

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
dat9jaguy:

See them changing the narrative. Their accounts were frozen for 90 days(3 months), not bail application or whatever you wrote up there.
Can u shut up now ?

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by dat9jaguy(m): 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
Igbochief001:

Can u shut up now ?

On top this matter?
I've made my point and their are only 3 things you can do :
1-Read and pass
2-Come and beat me in my house
3-Hug a working transformer.

Nonsense tongue

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2020
dat9jaguy:

On top this matter?
I've made my point and their are only 3 things you can do :
1-Read and pass
2-Come and beat me in my house
3-Hug a working transformer.

Nonsense tongue
I have shown u where they were denied bail for 3 months can u shut up

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by dat9jaguy(m): 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
Igbochief001:

I have shown u where they were denied bail for 3 months can u shut up

Was that in the topic under discussion?
Swerve abeg.
Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2020
dat9jaguy:

Was that in the topic under discussion?
Swerve abeg.
Is nail denials not vengeance ?

Ooh ...u have to be dumb to still support this government

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by dat9jaguy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2020
Igbochief001:

Being antagonistic to your govt shows intellectual sagacity right?
Wehdon sah. undecided
Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
dat9jaguy:

Being antagonistic to your govt shows intellectual sagacity right?
Wehdon sah. undecided
It's my job to defend my country even against it's bad government
Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by dat9jaguy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
Igbochief001:

It's my job to defend my country even against it's bad government

See ehn guy, you love your country, I also love my country. We can never have the same views and opinions. Learn to tolerate another person's view cos that's what democracy is about.
We go accuse Buhari of being a dictator meanwhile just because someone has a different opinion from yours you go ballistic.
Take am easy o baby dictator.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Okoroawusa: 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2020
No newspaper has written an editorial about what is happening in Oyigbo, Rivers.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by misano(m): 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2020
Fahdiga:
Buhari has been a tyrant and a vengeful being all his life. Telling him to stop vengeance against the youths more especially southern youths is like telling him to stop breathing. It's impossible but he will meet his Waterloo soon

Luckily for us, this president's era expires in 2023. It seems he has forgotten that he has 3 years to go.
Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Pecuman: 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
Wolexdey:
The Youth's seriously needs to mobilize and head straight to Abuja... We are in a Democracy regime and not a Military regime... No one can scare the Youth's with bullets and sounds of guns...

If they have the heart of a Military personnel, the Youth's have the heart of a fearless and resilient NIGERIAN SPIRIT...

We are NIGERIANS and can never succumb to intimidation and fear... We all know how Abacha ended...

Where you not in Abuja when they imported illiterate Hausa people to attack protesters?

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
So long as they are not northern youths, he will never listen or feel concerned. He sees the endsars protesters as kafir youths.

Stop this fallacy pls
Northern youths are the most abandoned in Nigeria,
Buhari is just protecting the British system he met on ground, how hard is that to understand?
Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:29pm On Nov 08, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Stop this fallacy pls
Northern youths are the most abandoned in Nigeria,
Buhari is just protecting the British system he met on ground, how hard is that to understand?
okay
Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by Racoon(m): 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2020
The most remarkable thing with the tyrannical Buhari regime is the frankness of its dishonesty in everything its does.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #endsars: Let Buhari Stop This Vengeance Against Nigerian Youths [editorial] by T9ksy(m): 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

He's not dumb rather he's just trying to justify his 30k monthly package from his paymasters.

(1) (Reply)

Amotekun Rescued Kidnapped Wife of Akeredolu’s Chief of Staff / Gombe State APC Holds Massive Mega Rally Over LG Poll / FG Inaugurates Mobile App For NIN Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.