Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? (2416 Views)

Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / If The Suspension Spring Of Your Car Is Failing,Watch Out For These 4 Signs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by johnchins: 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello House,

Due to bad roads I'm contemplating raising the suspension of my Accord 2010. However, I will like to understand if there will be any adverse or irredeemable effect.
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by sexyto(m): 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
don't do it.

3 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by weyreypey: 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2020
johnchins:
Hello House,

Due to bad roads I'm contemplating raising the suspension of my Accord 2010. However, I will like to understand if there will be any adverse or irredeemable effect.
Devil is smiling at you

2 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by Control7: 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
johnchins:
Hello House,

It's a matter of choice/what you want. I raised my front suspension by 2cm for more than a year now, still doing120km/hr - 150km/hr.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by SHABZ: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2020
johnchins:
Hello House,

Raising the suspension alters the center of gravity of the car, which in certain swerves, could have catastrophic consequences as the aerodynamics of the car will change. Also, the dampening effect the suspension provides will be greatly diminished.

My advice, don't do it.

2 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by Gabbiecar: 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
Better to get a bigger tire size than to alter the suspension

1 Like

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by uboma(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2020
SHABZ:

Raising the suspension alters the center of gravity of the car, which in certain swerves, could have catastrophic consequences as the aerodynamics of the car will change. Also, the dampening effect the suspension provides will be greatly diminished.

My advice, don't do it.

In addition, it will affect the fuel consumption. The car will burn more fuel than it should.

4 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by johnchins: 5:37am On Nov 08, 2020
Thanks guys for the input so far!!!
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by seanfer(m): 6:41am On Nov 08, 2020
johnchins:
Hello House,

Get a bigger rim with 1” higher and tyres and you’re good to go.
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2020
johnchins:
Hello House,

If you can afford it, change your rim by 1 or change your tyres to a bigger one. If you can't, there is nothing wrong with raising your shocks. I did that to my Honda for 2 years cuz I live in an area with a really bad road and it has not effect. Just make sure its not too high. But note that if you buy a new China made absorber, it may damage it quicker than the tokunba ones that are more durable.

As you can see from that picture, I use big tyres and the absorbers are slightly raised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by johnchins: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

If you can afford it, change your rim by 1 or change your tyres to a bigger one. If you can't, there is nothing wrong with raising your shocks. I did that to my Honda for 2 years cuz I live in an area with a really bad road and it has not effect. Just make sure its not too high. But note that if you buy a new China made absorber, it may damage it quicker than the tokunba ones that are more durable.

As you can see from that picture, I use big tyres and the absorbers are slightly raised.

Thanks for the advice
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by kingreign(m): 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

If you can afford it, change your rim by 1 or change your tyres to a bigger one. If you can't, [s]there is nothing wrong with raising your shocks[/s]. I did that to my Honda for 2 years cuz I live in an area with a really bad road and it has not effect. Just make sure its not too high. But note that if you buy a new China made absorber, it may damage it quicker than the tokunba ones that are more durable.

Stop such advices. That you did it to your car and the repercussion isn't happening to you yet doesn't mean it should be done to other cars and they'll have no repercussions.

OP, there's everything wrong with raising the suspension of your car. It's very risky. It is very dangerous and can lose stability during high speed maneuvers and it put more stress and strains on suspension and drive train components and tyres than needed.

4 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

Stop such advices. That you did it to your car and the repercussion isn't happening to you yet doesn't mean it should be done to other cars and they'll have no repercussions.

OP, there's everything wrong with raising the suspension of your car. It's very risky. It is very dangerous and can lose stability during high speed maneuvers and it put more stress and strains on suspension and drive train components and tyres than needed.

Oga go and seat down and stop speaking English. People have been raising their suspension in Nigeria since 1960! All those English you're speaking is your own, if you studied engineering, go and practice in Germany. This is Nigeria, we have bad roads and we have dangerous potholes!

If you're saying it's wrong to raise absorber, are you now saying it's okay to use bigger tyres cuz car manufacturers also said we should use recommended tyres.

75% of Nigerians living in villages all over this country raise their absorbers, especially farmers who take their mini vans to farm.

Forget Grammar, there is nothing wrong with it. The most important thing is doing it right and making sure it's not too high. This is my 7th year driving different cars and they've all been raised at one point ot the other and I've never been in an accident before, my suspensions have never failed. Why am I still alive since you made it sound like it's a death trap.

I'm on my 3rd car, 2 Hondas and 1 Acura. My current car is a 2012 TL, the absorber is raised. I still speed 140 every time I go to Lagos. You don't believe it's right doesn't mean it's wrong.
The attached picture is my current car, the absorber is raised and it's been like that for 9 months now. No crack!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by kingreign(m): 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Oga go and seat down and stop speaking English. People [s]have been raising their suspension in Nigeria since 1960! All those English you're speaking is your own, if you studied engineering, go and practice in Germany. This is Nigeria, we have bad roads and we have dangerous potholes!

If you're saying it's wrong to raise absorber, are you now saying it's over to use bigger tyres cuz car manufacturers also said we should use recommended tyres.

75% of Nigerians living in villages all over this country raise their absorbers, especially farmers who take their mini vans to farm.

Forget Grammar, there is nothing wrong with it. The most important thing is doing it right and making sure it's not too high. This is my 7th year driving different cars and they've all been raised at one point ot the other and I've never been in an accident before, my suspensions have never failed. Why am I still alive since you made it sound like it's a death trap.

I'm on my 3rd car, 2 Hondas and 1 Acura. My current car is a 2012 TL, the absorber is raised. I still speed 140 every time I go to Lagos. You don't believe it's right doesn't mean it's wrong.[/s]
As usual, it's normal for you speak out of ignorance. I leave you to wallow in such ignorancefor such Ignorance is bliss!

5 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:58pm On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

As usual, it's normal for you speak out of ignorance. I leave you to wallow in such ignorancefor such Ignorance is bliss!

That guy can talk plenty rubbish, just ignore.

2 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by kingreign(m): 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That guy can talk plenty rubbish, just ignore.
Na the same dude wey install civic shocks in his Acura TL and claims it's perfect.

1 Like

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by yomifoster: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
It's a matter of choice. Moving round with my Lexus ES350 was a nightmare because of bad roads. But guess what? Since I raised the suspension, it has been fun driving it even at 150km and it's very stable. So the poster should follow his mind and forget theories that have been debunked over time. I'm enjoying my car with raised suspension Wella. Just make sure it was done by an expert.

I'm not sure it will work for light paper weight cars light toyota Corolla or Hyundai Elantra though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

Na the same dude wey install civic shocks in his Acura TL and claims it's perfect.

Yep. Talking total nonsense with confidence.
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by timifakay(m): 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Why am I still alive since you made it sound like it's a death trap.

Angel of death is not yet ready for small chops...

5 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

Yes, let me. Funny thing is people like you can not weld 2 metals together successfully but you start an argument with zero experience. I don't need grammar, my experience with raising my absorbers for the past 7 years is enough.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

That was a misunderstanding on my path, I later took down the absorbers after all your bashing and found out they were not civic. Naturally I should have come here to correct myself but I decided to let sleeping dog lie but obviously you still carry my matter for your head. Keep it up

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by kingreign(m): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

That was a misunderstanding on my path, I later took down the absorbers after all your bashing and found out they were not civic. Naturally I should have come here to correct myself but I decided to let sleeping dog lie but obviously you still carry my matter for your head. Keep it up
Kelvin30286063:

Yes, let me. Funny thing is people like you can not weld 2 metals together successfully but you start an argument with zero experience. I don't need grammar, my experience with raising my absorbers for the past 7 years is enough.

grin grin
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by CocoaOla: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
Honda for that matter Nigerians no dey ear word simple physics
changing these will affect the handling characteristics and not in a good way..

Better no go kill yourself lie ontop village people head

raising the car changes the other suspension geometry, like steering and brake lines, etc.

Easiest way would be to get some higher profile tires, if available for your wheel size and if they fit. An inch taller tire gives you 1/2" more ground clearance, without modifying the suspension.
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by CocoaOla: 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
johnchins:
Hello House,

Honda for that matter Nigerians no dey ear word simple physics
changing these will affect the handling characteristics and not in a good way..

Better no go kill yourself lie ontop village people head

raising the car changes the other suspension geometry, like steering and brake lines, etc.

Easiest way would be to get some higher profile tires, if available for your wheel size and if they fit. An inch taller tire gives you 1/2" more ground clearance, without modifying the suspension.

4 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by Kayodedavies101: 11:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
I wanted to raise my corolla sport 2010 b4 but right now...I have change my mind...even tho I brought a bigger tire to it but my bumper still suffer anytime I enter pot hole...
So what is the best tin I can do?

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by checkmatez: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
This thread is none of my business but I couldn't help but notice that timifkay , heavenlybang , kingreign are asslickers to gazzuzz ... which is understandable because they need customers too.
But the way cars are being criticized here I always get surprised when am driving and notice different models and brand of cars on the road. mind you I drive a Peugeot 406 with over 400,000 on the odometer and it's still roaring with life..
No insult please because I won't still reply you ...but know am everyone friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by Zane2point4(m): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kayodedavies101:
I wanted to raise my corolla sport 2010 b4 but right now...I have change my mind...even tho I brought a bigger tire to it but my bumper still suffer anytime I enter pot hole...
So what is the best tin I can do?
Raise am heavens wont fall baba.

Go to border states and see how those smugglers use raised passat to do wonders,upon say dem raise am almost 3fts high dem deh use am speed pass 140km/hr.
Add one inch to your shocks its barely noticeable sef.

2 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
checkmatez:
This thread is none of my business but I couldn't help but notice that timifkay , heavenlybang , kingreign are asslickers to gazzuzz ... which is understandable because they need customers too.
But the way cars are being criticized here I always get surprised when am driving and notice different models and brand of cars on the road. mind you I drive a Peugeot 406 with over 400,000 on the odometer and it's still roaring with life..

Lol, when I turn mechanic abeg? grin
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by diportivo: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
too much English flying everywhere

someone even said elantra shldnt be raised undecided.....u shld av seen my rio in its elements

someone asks to raise his car slightly cos of bad road and yall are going on here as tho he wants to put tipper suspension on the car....talking about swerving and whatnot...even fuel consumption join?wahala for who no get SUV money o grin

car ride will probably be harsh and nothing more

if ur suspension system is bad,fix it.....if u go and swerve like werey cos u no raise am but e still no plum,u go flip enter bush ni

if u raise am and u no swerve like werey,u arrive in peace....all things being equal

make una leave English..... undecided

6 Likes

Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
checkmatez:

Tunde my love kiss
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by snipesdam(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2020
cheesy Cartalk
Re: Any Bad Effect In Lifting The Suspension Of My Honda Accord? by sauceEEP(m): 7:39am On Nov 10, 2020
I raised the suspension of my car, it drives smoothly even on a high speed so op if you must do that make sure it's a professional that handles the job.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Car Tracking System In Nigeria? / 2007 Mitsubuishi Outlander / 2008/2009 C300 Or 2010 Toyota Venza V6 AWD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.