Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k (3503 Views)

5g Android Phone Recommendations For #150k. / Which Samsung Phone Can I Get With A Budget Of 100k? / Phone Recommendations On Aliexpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Mark23(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2020
RubiesBanking:

Very first time of hearing about this bug

Can you shed more light?
It's basically what I said in my post. The message flashes at the bottom of my screen then it reboots immediately, and it continues like that until I do a factory reset on the phone. The second time it happened was when I opened the Security app. I have no idea what triggered it the first time.

It seems the Find Device and Security apps are connected somehow and as they're both system apps I can't just disable them to fix the problem.

I've reported the issue but I have no idea if they'll actually help me. Right now I'm using the phone without setting it up completely because it could happen again and I don't want to waste my time and data with another factory reset.
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by RubiesBanking: 7:54am On Nov 11, 2020
Mark23:

It's basically what I said in my post. The message flashes at the bottom of my screen then it reboots immediately, and it continues like that until I do a factory reset on the phone. The second time it happened was when I opened the Security app. I have no idea what triggered it the first time.

It seems the Find Device and Security apps are connected somehow and as they're both system apps I can't just disable them to fix the problem.

I've reported the issue but I have no idea if they'll actually help me. Right now I'm using the phone without setting it up completely because it could happen again and I don't want to waste my time and data with another factory reset.

When did you buy the phone? I think you should get a replacement if it's not less than a week you ordered it, I use the note9 pro which is a similar device with 9s and don't experience these problems.
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Zeroenochone(m): 8:09am On Nov 11, 2020
Mark23:

I got the phone yesterday and I'm currently experiencing a very frustrating bug. A message saying "find device has unexpectedly closed" will flash across my screen and then the phone will reboot itself. When I unlock it again, it repeats itself making the phone unusable.
When it happened the first time, I did a factory reset on the phone and updated the os to miui 12.
I was able to use the phone for hours without any problems but it has started again this morning. Do you have any idea how I can fix it. This is really annoying

Hmmm I don't understand what you mean actually, have you been to the Xiaomi thread perhaps you'll find some help there, I really haven't heard this kind of bug before
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Zeroenochone(m): 8:12am On Nov 11, 2020
RubiesBanking:

When did you buy the phone? I think you should get a replacement if it's not less than a week you ordered it, I use the note9 pro which is a similar device with 9s and don't experience these problems.

More so other note 9s users haven't been reporting this on the Mi community and you should know how people report bugs and complain about the delay in releasing miui 12 updates on it
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Zeroenochone(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2020
Mark23:

Go to the Xiaomi thread try to get a screenshot of that issue when it happens again or use another phone to snap it along with your 'about device' section
I'll help you check online if it's a general problem that can be fixed, there's no way you'll buy a phone of 98k and I'll tell you to manage it

If it's too disturbing you might have to return it
I'll get back to you later
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Mark23(m): 8:29am On Nov 11, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Go to the Xiaomi thread try to get a screenshot of that issue when it happens again or use another phone to snap it along with your 'about device' section
I'll help you check online if it's a general problem that can be fixed, there's no way you'll buy a phone of 98k and I'll tell you to manage it

If it's too disturbing you might have to return it
I'll get back to you later

Thanks man.
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Sainthia: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Mark23:

I got the phone yesterday and I'm currently experiencing a very frustrating bug. A message saying "find device has unexpectedly closed" will flash across my screen and then the phone will reboot itself. When I unlock it again, it repeats itself making the phone unusable.
When it happened the first time, I did a factory reset on the phone and updated the os to miui 12.
I was able to use the phone for hours without any problems but it has started again this morning. Do you have any idea how I can fix it. This is really annoying
ahhh.. just a day old phone is already frustrating?
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by nitt: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sainthia:

Their (xiaomi) miui is not the best out there.
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Mozino007(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2020
nitt:

d problem has been solve now!
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Mark23(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sainthia:
It's working just fine now. Hopefully I won't experience it again
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by nitt: 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
Mozino007:
d problem has been solve now!

Happy to hear
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Mozino007(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
Mark23:

It's working just fine now. Hopefully I won't experience it again
How did u solve d problem so dat others can learn?
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Mark23(m): 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
Mozino007:
How did u solve d problem so dat others can learn?
I just did a factory reset. I don't think that's what solved the issue though. I guess it just went away on its own. I really hope it doesn't come back.

1 Like

Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Chubbyface: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Mark23:

which model exactly so I can avoid it if possible
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Mark23(m): 2:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Chubbyface:
which model exactly so I can avoid it if possible
Redmi Note 9S. But I did some research online and I discovered that it's a recent bug that has been affecting some random Xiamomi devices.
The issue seems to have gone on its own cos I've been using the phone without problem.
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Chubbyface: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
Mark23:

Redmi Note 9S. But I did some research online and I discovered that it's a recent bug that has been affecting some random Xiamomi devices.
The issue seems to have gone on its own cos I've been using the phone without problem.
note 9s, ok
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by chikizzy(m): 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2020

All brand new phones for affordable prices

We offer pay on delivery Lagos, Onitsha
Pay before delivery nation wild

Call; 07033908893 WhatsApp https:///2347033908893

Stock availability

Redmi Note 8 pro (6+128)@97k
Redmi Note 8 pro (6/64GB)@84
Redmi 9 (3+64)@61k
Redmi Note 9s(6+128)@98k
Redmi note 9s (4/64GB)@88k
Redmi Note 9pro (6+128) @111k
Redmi note 9pro(6+64)99k
Redmi note 9 3+64@
Mi note 10 LTE(6+64)@135k
Mi Note 10 LTE (6+128)@145k
Redmi note 8 (4/64GB)@76k
Redmi note 8 (4/128 GB)@81k
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Aiwanfojoy(f): 11:39am On Nov 14, 2020
[quote author=Mark23 post=95804199]Please it's URGENT!

My current phone saw my current financial situation and decided that this is the best time for it to get spoilt so right now I have to buy a new phone that I didn't plan for at all.
The thing is, I know next to nothing when it comes to phones so I need recommendations from you guys so I can get the best value for my money.

My budget is ~100k

I just have a few things I'm looking for:
First of all, I do a lot of multitasking on my phone, so I'm looking for something that won't lag while running multiple apps. I need something that'll allow quick and smooth transitions between apps without closing them.

Secondly, I need a lot of storage space on my phone cos I have a bad habit of not deleting my files.

Also, if the phone has inbuilt features for hiding apps and files that will be very great. I'm paranoid about police officers going through my phone and labeling me a fraudster because of the contents in it.

I use my phone a lot so I'd love something with decent battery life. I have a power bank but I've been told these things are bad for your battery health in the long run.

Finally, I need something that I can use for more than a year. A phone whose power button won't break after a few months or whose screen won't break due to a small fall etc.

I sincerely hope I'm not asking for too much given my budget lol. I might be able to go a little over that amount if there's something that meets all my requirements.

I also want to know if I should take advantage of the Black Friday deals on Jumia. I've heard those things are scams but I don't really know.

I don't want Tecno, Infinix, or anything like that please grin . Thanks
[/quote
Note 9s 6/128gb 98k
Note 8 pro 6/128gb 100k
Note 9 pro 6/64gb 100k
Note 9 pro 6/128gb 112k

Dm 08066348472
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by harryodilli19(m): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2021
brother you should get the oppo reno 3. i have heard some good reviews for it especially because it has the mediatek helio P90 processor. my friend said that it has a big battery and can be used almost all day without charge. you should check it out.

Mark23:
Please it's URGENT!

My current phone saw my current financial situation and decided that this is the best time for it to get spoilt so right now I have to buy a new phone that I didn't plan for at all.
The thing is, I know next to nothing when it comes to phones so I need recommendations from you guys so I can get the best value for my money.

My budget is ~100k

I just have a few things I'm looking for:
First of all, I do a lot of multitasking on my phone, so I'm looking for something that won't lag while running multiple apps. I need something that'll allow quick and smooth transitions between apps without closing them.

Secondly, I need a lot of storage space on my phone cos I have a bad habit of not deleting my files.

Also, if the phone has inbuilt features for hiding apps and files that will be very great. I'm paranoid about police officers going through my phone and labeling me a fraudster because of the contents in it.

I use my phone a lot so I'd love something with decent battery life. I have a power bank but I've been told these things are bad for your battery health in the long run.

Finally, I need something that I can use for more than a year. A phone whose power button won't break after a few months or whose screen won't break due to a small fall etc.

I sincerely hope I'm not asking for too much given my budget lol. I might be able to go a little over that amount if there's something that meets all my requirements.

I also want to know if I should take advantage of the Black Friday deals on Jumia. I've heard those things are scams but I don't really know.

I don't want Tecno, Infinix, or anything like that please grin . Thanks
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by akingbadeomoseb: 8:10am On Mar 09, 2021
I think the Oppo Reno 3 will be a good one for a budget price. I think you should consider buying that phone. It has good features and strong specs with a decent mediatek processor
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by harryodilli19(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
i agree with the praise for oppo reno 3. it has really solid features plus quite a nice camera. the helio P90 chipset is decent too.

akingbadeomoseb:
I think the Oppo Reno 3 will be a good one for a budget price. I think you should consider buying that phone. It has good features and strong specs with a decent mediatek processor
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Fonjewel0(f): 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2021
Really thankful for growth. #100,000 many years ago would have been lavished on dresses and shoes. Don't get me wrong, these things are not bad. Sincerely everything is digital. To survive this age, you need a live safer (good phone). I literally do everything with my phone. I recommend Tecno Camon 16. I really have a track record of bad phones. Few properties I am familiar with is that it has 128GB ROM +6GB RAM. Super video mode. Has a 64MP ultra quad Camera. Is worth giving it a try.
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Sainthia: 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
nitt:

not at all
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by hoilakes(m): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
Yes the Camon 16 phone is a good buy and am very sure his budget is good to go cool
Fonjewel0:
Really thankful for growth. #100,000 many years ago would have been lavished on dresses and shoes. Don't get me wrong, these things are not bad. Sincerely everything is digital. To survive this age, you need a live safer (good phone). I literally do everything with my phone. I recommend Tecno Camon 16. I really have a track record of bad phones. Few properties I am familiar with is that it has 128GB ROM +6GB RAM. Super video mode. Has a 64MP ultra quad Camera. Is worth giving it a try.
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Kobianthony: 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2021
Infinix S5 lite for sale 1WEEK used for 50k @08143395444

Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by koskilala: 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2021
camon 16 for 100k? 100k can even get the camon 16 pro sef
hoilakes:
Yes the Camon 16 phone is a good buy and am very sure his budget is good to go cool
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by AmadorSays: 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
sure, and a little more will get him the camon 16 premier
koskilala:
camon 16 for 100k? 100k can even get the camon 16 pro sef
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by WackyJ1(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Zeroenochone:

I'm back now
And here are my findings

There are 3 phones from 3 cool brands that suit your specs

The very first is
Xiaomi Redmi note 9s

The second is
Umidigi f2
At least 89,000

The third is
Samsung galaxy a31
92,000 (black Friday)

Now these 3 devices are very similar

They are all 6gb RAM and 128gb ROM
and they all have 5000 mah battery

However their processors set them apart from eachother

In terms of processing power the Xiaomi Redmi note 9s is the absolute winner of the trio because it's got a powerful Snapdragon 720g

The Umidigi is in second place with a mediatek Helio p70
And the Samsung in in third place with a mediatek Helio p65

Now all these phones are very good phones no doubt, they all come with a quad camera set up

But only the redmi note 9s supports 4k video recording
Let's not forget that if you wished you could get gcam for the redmi note 9s to further enhance its already impeccable camera performance because it's running on Snapdragon

Now let's get down to the screen
The Redmi note 9s has an Fhd+ LCD ips screen
LCD screens are known to be color accurate

The screen resolution is at 1080 * 2400p
So it's really high and if you get videos at 1080p or play a game that can be upscaled to that level you'll have a crystal clear and crisp experience
It's also got a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and will hold for drops as high as 6ft (it can probably withstand fall damage from greater heights but 6ft is the only review I've seen)

Now the GPU!!
The GPU is an adreno 618 I'll gonna skip all the tech jargons and give it to you plainly
It's an insanely good gpu

I use a Snapdragon 665 myself with an adreno 610 gpu and I know the kinds of games I've run on "very high" graphics settings

With 6gb ram and a Snapdragon 720g CPU that has top speeds of 2.3ghz of 4 of 8 cores multi tasking wouldn't be a problem at all

Now for the bonus
Miui 12 is one of the best UIs out there because it's got loads of features that includes hiding apps or second space which simulates another android device on your phone almost like the multiple users function on windows
And it's highly customisable too

I implore you to watch the video in the link so as to have a full understanding of MIUI 12 multitasking functions which minimises most system apps and social media apps as a floating window on top of whichever app you're currently using without having to switch from one app to another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1abcyZgL-EU

Redmi note 9s is really the phone for you

Fantastic review, you just solved my problem.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Breastfeed: 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
Now the camon 17P is a perfect device that falls within that price range
Re: I Need Phone Recommendations For A Budget Of 100k by Kayconcept2(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
Camon 16, 17. Spark 5, POVA, Pouvour 4 etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

White Texas Students Set Up ‘slave Trade’ In Snapchat Group Get Disciplined / Tecno H5 Discussion Thread. / A Sudden Increase In Prices Of Smart Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.