Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans (581 Views)

Picture Of Joe Biden And A Group Of Women / President Joe Biden And Vladimir Putin's Geneva's Summit Meeting - In Pictures / President-elect Joe Biden Jogs Out Onto The Stage To Make His Victory Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by omenka(m): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2020
Good morning Mr President Elect, good morning Americans.

I'd like to congratulate you guys over your conquest. Victory is indeed a pleasant experience especially coming from such a keenly contested event. As much as you faught for and earned your victory, I believe yours would be presidency with the most difficult task ever in the history of American presidencies- the task of uniting a sharply divided nation. I sincerely hope God gives your administration the wisdom to find that common ground where you can all come together irrespective of race and creed, and be AMERICANS once again.

Now, to the essence of this letter.

There's no gainsaying how enthusiastic Nigerians were about the just concluded election, perhaps more so than the citizens of any other country around the world. If you want to understand how we felt about the election, look no further than Nairaland. Nigerians were strongly devided along Democratic and Republican lines with those in support of the current Nigerian leadership or APC strongly leaning towards Democratic candidates and Biden, while the opposition PDP were equally strongly pro Trump and Republicans, with the most fanatical of these supporters coming from the South East of the country.

Now, the reasons why the opposition supporters have this disposition towards Trump, and by extension Republicans, isn't far fetched.

1. The opposition SUPPORTERS in the country see the president as a fanatical Muslim and see Trump as a fanatical Muslim hater, no thanks to his placement of ban on immigrants from mostly Islamic countries and his relocation of the Embassy of United States in Isreal from Tel Aviv to disputed Jerusalem much to the consternation of Palestinians and Islamic nations generally. Never mind the preferred candidate of the same opposition in our just concluded election was a Muslim. Wierd huh?

2. The opposition supporters fancy ANYONE that appears to be anti Buhari. Trump allegedly once made a comment referring to President Buhari as "lifeless", and referred to Nigeria as a "shithole". It was at this point their fanatical support for Trump was birthed. Never mind Trump is accused of racism and support for racist organizations. Wierd huh?

3. The Nnamdi Kanu factor. This is a man with a huge followership from Eastern Nigeria and fancies himself as Jewish and is arguably the most fanatical hater of APC and President Buhari. His supporters, probably 100%, support PDP as well. Trump is arguably the most pro-Israeli US President ever and it is no surprise they strongly support Trump.

4. Supporters of PDP see APC as an extension of the Democratic party. This stems from the support they feel (perhaps true, I'm not sure) candidate Buhari in 2015 received from President Obama and the American Establishment. They feel the democratic party was instrumental to the loss of their candidate, President Jonathan in the polls, and since then, their disdain for anything Democratic party has grown in leaps and bounds.

At this juncture, I must admit it is grossly un-strategic overtly supporting any candidate in such an election even if such isnt a matter of State policy. In an event your preferred candidate doesn't emerge winner, your activities could perhaps influence the winner's attitude towards your country, be they domestically or on the international stage. Israel perfectly understands this principle, reason why they they were visibly indifferent, notwithstanding all Trump had done for them!

Dear Americans, with the emergence of Biden and the loss of Nigerian opposition SUPPORTERS preferred candidate, you are likely to start seeing a lot of stuffs online coming from Nigerians, most of which you'd find pretty disturbing. The following would happen:

1. You would see Nigerians blame you and your president for ANY TERRORIST ATTACK that happens anywhere around the world, and tell you how stupid you were to have chosen Democratic party over Republicans.

2. You would see these Nigerians celebrate the death of Americans, especially when they occur on American soil. They'd blame it on your president and remind you of your "error of judgement" for not returning Trump to office.

3. Any support Nigeria gets from America going forward would be condemned by them and it would be seen as an "anti Christian" gesture, so much so one would think Biden is Muslim, never mind the over bromance between Trump and Arab powers such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar. So much so he doggedly refused to condemn, let alone sanction, Saudi Arabia over the Jamal Khashoggi incident.

4. Racially motivated incidents will start getting their attention, followed by blistering criticism of Biden for such incidents. Never mind their current state of aloofness over these incidents.

5. Our e-space would generally be awash with anti-American contents.

Dear Americans, this author would like to assure you that:

1. Nigerians are generally kind hearted people with a good sense of empathy.

2. Nigerians arent a people who celebrate death, horror and destruction, so when you see such rhetorics, do not take them to heart.

3. We respect your choices as much as you do ours and do not condemn you for the choice of President you've made.

4. We sincerely hope the world becomes a safer place free from festering terrorists and bandits and look forward to your assistance and support in curbing these menace that have costed our dear country way more than we can ever evaluate.

5. Most importantly I implore your understanding of our countrymen. We tend to be very emotional of issues that border on politics, just as seen in your just concluded election. DO NOT SEE THESE COMMENTS AS A FAIR CHARACTERIZATION OF OUR DISPOSITION AS A PEOPLE TOWARDS AMERICA. It is just the opposition venting their frustration and nothing more. We see the same here EVERYDAY.

On this note, I'd like to once again congratulate you guys as we look forward to consolidating our diplomatic relations, hoping this would be rewarding for both our countries.

Thank you.

God bless Nigeria.

Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala.

It is important to put this word out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 08, 2020
Dear Omenka,

You couldn't write a letter to the leaders of Miyetti-Allah to call the marauding Fulani herdsmen killing and causing mayhem to many communities including your village in Benue state to order...

But here you are just like a full grown hypocrite, typing some truckload of bullshit very early. You're no different from Desmond "Efulefu" Elliot.

May this hypocrisy which has rendered you bald-headed not lead to a disastrous end for you Omenka.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Moferere: 8:51am On Nov 08, 2020
No content, the most useless letter I have read in a while.

Iranu undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 08, 2020
grin...Closed Letter grin

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Shortyy(f): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2020
Hatefilled letter.
Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by peacekante: 8:59am On Nov 08, 2020
grin
Your are not good to the Igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by HAccord: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2020
The most useless and unintelligible letter I've read in a long while.

A flaming hot pile of dog shit. grin

#IntoTheTrashCan!

Next!
Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Amotolongbo(f): 9:01am On Nov 08, 2020
I'd like to congratulate you guys over your conquest. Victory is indeed a pleasant experience especially coming from such a keenly contested event. As much as you faught for and earned your victory, I believe yours would be presidency with the most difficult task ever in the history of American presidencies- the task of uniting a sharply divided nation. I sincerely hope God gives your administration the wisdom to find that common ground where you can all come together irrespective of race and creed, and be AMERICANS once again.

If this is called a divided nation and placed as the most difficult task, what would then be called the task Abraham Lincoln had over a country which is already torn into North and South based on political and economic difference on slavery?
Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by omenka(m): 9:01am On Nov 08, 2020
Moferere:
No content, the most useless letter I have read in a while.

Iranu undecided

For someone who wrote this:

Moferere:
Yemi Osinbajo grin grin grin grin

Mr. TraderMoni
Short man devil.

I dislike him with passion

I don't expect you to find content in it.

Bye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by omenka(m): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2020
JidennaJason:
Dear Omenka,

You couldn't write a letter to the leaders of Miyetti-Allah calling the marauding Fulani herdsmen killing and causing mayhem to many communities including your village in Benue state...

But here you are just like a full grown hypocrite, typing some truckload of bullshit very early. You're no different from Desmond "Efulefu" Elliot.

May this hypocrisy which has given you bald head not lead to a disastrous end for you Omenka.
Dear whosoever-you-are, you can write your own letter to the devil if you please. That's your prerogative. I do not owe you ANY duty whatsoever.

Bye.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Golan007: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2020
Igbos won't like this.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2020
Una Don forget Biden and Obama for Libya sharply, una Don forget all the Blacks wey dem sell as slaves? Una don forget all the millions of Muslim refugees under Biden as VP?

Make we dey watch who the real racists are,
Biden with his Billionaire friends that control the media and your thought process or Trump

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Moferere: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2020
omenka:

For someone who wrote this:

I don't expect you to find content in it.

Bye.

You are pained because I tore your useless letter.

tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Aufbauh(m): 9:10am On Nov 08, 2020
The average American think and see differently from how we perceive things here.

Their common ground is their patriotism to their country America while ours is our sentimentality to ethno-religious affiliation.
Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by omenka(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Una Don forget Biden and Obama for Libya sharply, una Don forget all the Blacks wey dem sell as slaves? Una don forget all the millions of Muslim refugees under Biden as VP?

Make we dey watch who the real racists are,
Biden with his Billionaire friends that control the media and your thought process or Trump
Yeah, you make a good point given Trump has only poort destitute people for friends and controls no media. Such a humble man Trump.
Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by HAccord: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2020
Moferere:

You are pained because I tore your useless letter.

tongue

Hehehe..E pain that werey wellu wellu!

grin grin
Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2020
omenka:
Dear wosoever-you-are, you can write your own letter to the devil if you please. That's your prerogative. I do not owe you ANY duty whatsoever.

Bye.
Truly, you do not owe me any duty that's because you have no use...

Like I said earlier, may the hypocrisy which have rendered you bald not lead you to a disastrous end...

Goodbye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Moferere: 9:21am On Nov 08, 2020
HAccord:

Hehehe..E pain that werey wellu wellu!

grin grin

As in eehn grin grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2020
omenka:
Yeah, you make a good point given Trump has only poort destitute people for friends and controls no media. Such a humble man Trump.

Afi poort destitute
Have you forgotten the millions of Muslim refugees? The slave trade of blacks? The BBOG propaganda? The Obama speech to Nigerians saying we need change? The killing of Gadaffi?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by HAccord: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2020
JidennaJason:
Truly, you do not owe me any duty that's because you have no use...

Like I said earlier, may the hypocrisy which have rendered you bald not lead you to a disastrous end...

Goodbye.

Him get hair loss syndrome? You mean say him wicked hate hormones don chopulate all him hair finish? grin

Aboy don turn gorimanpa finish. cheesy grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by owobokiri(m): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2020
Ipob really gives them nightmares. Nnamdi, add fuel to that fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by haffaze777(m): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2020
omenka:

Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala.

It is important to put this word out.

God bless you brother,you nailed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by AchalugoNwa(f): 1:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
[s]
omenka:
Dear whosoever-you-are, you can write your own letter to the devil if you please. That's your prerogative. I do not owe you ANY duty whatsoever.

Bye.
[/s]
so you're still into this bigotry of a thing

such a pathetic soul
more like leopard changing his colours grin
I'll let you be sha
i keep to my words
Re: Open Letter To President-elect Joe Biden, And Americans by Syphax(m): 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2020
This old fool is always disgracing himself, you're beyond redemption bro.

(1) (Reply)

Why Ethiopia May Likely Loose Tigray Region. / IDF: Overnight Bombardment Targeted Hamas’s Tunnel Network Under Gaza City(pics) / History Of The Talibans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.