Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,320 members, 7,867,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu (2866 Views)

Tinubu meet with Northern Christian Leaders (Pictures) / PMB Meeting With Northern Governors, Service Chiefs, Osinbajo Denied Entry-Okupe / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Creeza(m): 11:59am On Nov 08, 2020
I will modify when this hits fp
Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Madmohamed419(m): 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:
The first truth ever spoken by any of the northern leaders.
Go to Kano and other major northern cities,you get to see multitude of youths(not even older ppl) who cannot make a sentence of English cos northern leaders have wickedly denied their masses education while their own children go to the best schools abroad and in Nigeria.
These people are already disabled cos effectively,he is already excluded from any job that requires spoken English or ability to read and write.
He can't also function anywhere outside the north.
that is y they give aboki minister of education to extend their back word education to South, to make shor the southern youth did not progress in education . If not tell y there still a strike for how many months. This people have evil plan for South

1 Like

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Liposure: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
How will they help their people when they are hellbent on clinging to power by all means whether by hook or by crook

1 Like

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Coneheadyutes(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Come, I don't want rabid ppl like you quoting me plz

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by CodeTemplar: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2020
The govt is not suppose to meet needs directly but aid the system that affects people's public activities.
Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by owobokiri(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Ok.
I'm from the east, but have traveled the length and breath of the north, just came back from Kano ystdy sef.
As much as our own leaders are thieves too, d one in the north is worse abeg, just that because of the feudal nature of Islam, they rarely complain about their leaders or write petitions etc while southerners are exactly the opposite.
You wonder what they do with funds for stuff like Universal basic education etc cos you come to a whole local govt, you see only 2 or 3 primary schools.
Local govt allocation is sometimes withdrawn in cash and shared on a table.

Sometimes? All of the time. When I was In Kano, the way we know tht allocations have arrived is when you are walking pass the LGA headquarters and you notice that almost everybody in the villages and surrounding communities are lined up to the door of the hod in charge of disbursement. Hundreds of people. Even those at the hospital will send representatives. Mentioned it here before and someone said it's a good thing. That it can be compared to the welfare system in western world! I mean sharing government money like you are sharing bread is ok?

3 Likes

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Go to Kano and other major northern cities,you get to see multitude of youths(not even older ppl) who cannot make a sentence of English cos northern leaders have wickedly denied their masses education while their own children go to the best schools abroad and in Nigeria.
These people are already disabled cos effectively,he is already excluded from any job that requires spoken English or ability to read and write.
He can't also function anywhere outside the north.

The guy also said something about northerners always depending on government for everything. That's very true. It is rare to see a northerner succeed without government support. Reason why they are so few in the private sector. Also why you hardly hear them making exploits outside the country. They can't survive under a competitive environment devoid of government patronage and that federal character horseshit.

2 Likes

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2020
Esseite:
The North needs to relax its "mental" laws to enable it grow at same pace as its partners..

If Uae-dubai could relax its alchohol laws to stimulate its economy despite being a stronger muslim country, it goes to show the extent it is striving for economic growth.

Cultural changes is the fastest absorber of employment.. the internet alone has employed over 1 billion people, but the same Northern leaders held a meeting recently delibrating on banning it .

If the 8 years of Obasanjo + 7 years of Jonathan had been handled by a northerner we would still be using telephone landlines (available to only the rich). They are so backward.

3 Likes

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Ogbuu101: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

The guy also said something about northerners always depending on government for everything. That's very true. It is rare to see a northerner succeed without government support. Reason why they are so few in the private sector. Also why you hardly hear them making exploits outside the country. They can't survive under a competitive environment devoid of government patronage and that federal character horseshit.
If the true story of Dangote should be told, you'll see he's one of the greatest criminals in Africa but heavily shielded by successive govts.
Ifeanyi Ubah once accused Dangote of receiving dollars at far below official CBN rate to build one his refineries outside the country, Dangote stylishly kept quiet.
Didn't issue a rebuttal,didn't threaten a lawsuit.
While others are being banned from importing certain goods, Dangote gets a monopoly of importation and a duty waiver.
Tell me how he won't be rich?

2 Likes

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Nwadiuto247: 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
ivolt:
Kabiru Adamu is right. But he was wrong to think it is only the north. Almost all Nigerians see the government as their parent responsible for their life rather than mere tools.

You are wrong.
Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:

If the true story of Dangote should be told, you'll see he's one of the greatest criminals in Africa but heavily shielded by successive govts.
Ifeanyi Ubah once accused Dangote of receiving dollars at far below official CBN rate to build one his refineries outside the country, Dangote stylishly kept quiet.
Didn't issue a rebuttal,didn't threaten a lawsuit.
While others are being banned from importing certain goods, Dangote gets a monopoly of importation and a duty waiver.
Tell me how he won't be rich?

Reason why I find it dubious when motivational speakers use Dangote as an example of a good entrepreneur. The guy got a huge loan from his rich uncle, was given sole importation rights to domestic staples in successive military regimes. Any halfwit would make money in such circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by harsysky(m): 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2020
ivolt:
Kabiru Adamu is right. But he was wrong to think it is only the north. Almost all Nigerians see the government as their parent responsible for their life rather than mere tools.

Small change in your pocket is making you say this. Pray make you no see bad thing o.
I'm an employee who can fend for myself and family, but the Government isn't giving room for growth. If people around me are well to do, mine would be enough for me and my household.

Your comment just reeks of greed and selfishness which is the major problem we have in this country. once you see you are okay, others wellbeing don't matter anymore to you.
Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by EMMY76: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
They are gradually waking up arewa come and defend the indefensible as usual.
Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Ezmans: 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:
These people are already disabled cos effectively they're already excluded from any job that requires spoken English or ability to read and write.
They can't also function anywhere outside the north.
what supprise me about north is that children of the polititians there are highly educated

1 Like

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by Ogbuu101: 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ezmans:
what supprise me about north is that children of the polititians there are highly educated
Very well educated.
The least of the school they attend is ABU Zaria or University of Maiduguri,otherwise it's usually foreign universities.

1 Like

Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by juman(m): 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
He lack basic knowledge how to build a modern society.
Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by juman(m): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
APC=PDP.
Vote them out.
Re: No Society Can Progress With Northern Leaders’ Attitude – Reps Member, Adamu by NaMeAboki: 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
limeta:
They will sort themselves out once they form their Arewastan muslim republic

Well said; I completely agree with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Insulted Amaechi And Abe / See The List Of Igbos Contesting In Lagos Under Labour Party / Breaking: Apc Niger State Governorship Results 2023 Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.