Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video (29223 Views)

President Reagan Held Meeting With Taliban In 1986 To Counter USSR (vid) / 13 Ways Nigeria Helped South Africa In Their Struggle Against Apartheid / Donald Trump’s Tweet About South Africa In 2013 (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by DonnyT: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2020
Royalfurnitures:
But how come during Obama govt in which he was the VP he never influenced the govt in favour of Africa if he so much love Africa

Why is he in support of gay marriage and legalisation of abortion?

I've nothing against him though cos his people want him as president

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

What has gay people done to you? What have you done to better the lives of the needy, the poor, the kids on the streets since you care so much about abortion? Every human being should have a right to freedom of choice, religion, speech, etc. How would you feel if your way of living is disparaged, criticized, denigrated and popularly rejected? So your ancestors that existed before the introduction of religion are sinners and going to hell fire? Is that how it works? Lets engaged in rational thinking and be conscious of how our decisions affects other fellow human being. Look around, what has people against abortion done to better the life of people around them?

1 Like

Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by drakeskull(m): 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2020
You won't see the moronic righteousness89 here o.

Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by drakeskull(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2020
Fussion1000:

Waiting for America to come and develop Africa, you will wait till eternity.

Let me enlightening you bro, even in your own country Nigeria, there are prostitution, abortion, homosexual, massive hard drug etc. What is different btw ur country and USA? Hypocrisy!

For 4 year of Trump presidency, he does not for a day take action to stop homosexuality in America, but made several attempts to stop Africans and black race, what about international plum jobs that his government is blocking capable Nigerians to occupy?

Why do you like who hates you bro?

Has religion wiped out your sense of reasoning?
Don't mind them
Funny enough, the idiots shouting abortion, gay, lesbianism are even worse in their closets. They think there's anything called little sin. Most of them have either aborted babies for ladies, denied pregnancies and some are even perverts.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by drakeskull(m): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Same biden joined same sex marriage of two white house staff

So Live and let others live. A lot of you are worse
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Throwback: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
JayCynic:

Sorry I can't comprehend the above post, it is poorly written and punctuated and vulnerable to misinterpretations. But if what you mean is that the Democrats switched ideologies, then you're wrong because there is no factual evidence to support that.

If you find it vulnerable to misinterpretation, it is because you do not understand punctuation itself, or you find complex sentences to be ambiguous.

As far as ideology, the changing times have allowed both the Democratic and Republican party to change position on issues like Foreign Policy, Limited Government, and individual states sovereignty.

Remember that it was the Republican Party of Abraham Lincoln that disagreed with the state sovereignty arguments of the Confederates, with each Confederate state claiming they had the rights to own slaves, while Abraham Lincoln's Republican federal government argued that the abolishment of slavery was federal and applicable to all states of the union.

Now, it is the same Republican party that is championing the rights of states as opposed to the blanket federal laws on topics such as abortion, rights of the LGBT.

Now, it is the Democratic Party which previously supported limited government, that now supports big government and higher tax on personal income and corporate income.

The Democratic party had the larger population of conservatives before the New Deal of FDR, while the Civil Rights Act of 1964 eventually separated the Democratic Party from the conservatives in the South.

Ironically, the Republican Party government of Abraham Lincoln fought the Confederate States in the American Civil war, yet the states that made up that Confederacy rebellion are states whose local and politics is now largely Republican, while the states that made up the
loyalist Union are now largely Democratic.

So, there is ample evidence that as time changes, ideologies change, as well as support base.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
TecM0:

And so?!

If gays want to marry themselves let God be their judge not you humans.... I hate gays too as a Muslim but Constitutional right is supreme, if Bobrisky comes near me I'll probably walk out in disgust but does his stupidity with other people in their house concerns me?! Hell No

Hope in Nigeria restored 1%
I hope there are more like you.
Thank you for being intelligent
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by sowilli: 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
Throwback:
This is the man religious fanatics want us to believe he is a demon and 1st son of Lucifer, while their white preachers from America whom they listen to spew all the garbage, are some of the most racist of humans in America.

The same bible belt region of America is the same racist and intolerant region of America.

The same ones who supported the KKK and vehemently resisted the desegregation of America. The same ones who believe it is their God given rights to own machine guns.

Till today, they hardly vote for the Presidency the same Democratic party that was once their own pride, for daring to pass racial equality laws by the Kennedy/Johnson administration that was a Democratic party government.
why is that a black man complains of racism more than looking for ways to gain his own freedom. I wonder if the Chinese complain about racism at all. If you think racism is what one man can end because he doesn’t say it, you must be joking.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by VULCAN(m): 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
People like you who pretend to be informed are a major reason why the world has gotten to the point where most people are almost incapable of any form of critical thinking.

You watched a video began to foam at the mouth insulting people who see things differently from you.

Like I keep saying, the two most intolerant groups of people alive today are Islamic fundamentalists and Liberals such as yourself.

Now on to the video, if you weren't mentally lazy and a victim of confirmation bias you would have approached this video more. carefully.

As soon as I watched this video I knew that this was a grand performance from a smart politician who had an agenda.

I fired up Google and found out that Biden began thinking of running for President two years before this video and he actually first ran for President a year after this video.

So he was just grandstanding for the black vote.

This took me less than 10mins to find out.

I don't know whether you are normally so easily deceived or its just your hatred for Christians that blinded you to the truth.

I wish you good luck

Throwback:
This is the man religious fanatics want us to believe he is a demon and 1st son of Lucifer, while their white preachers from America whom they listen to spew all the garbage, are some of the most racist of humans in America.

The same bible belt region of America is the same racist and intolerant region of America.

The same ones who supported the KKK and vehemently resisted the desegregation of America. The same ones who believe it is their God given rights to own machine guns.

Till today, they hardly vote for the Presidency the same Democratic party that was once their own pride, for daring to pass racial equality laws by the Kennedy/Johnson administration that was a Democratic party government.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by subcbouy: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
Trump's supporters holding to anti-abortion but Trump himself isn't against the LGBT community. Are these people normal? Abortion and LGBT are both of the same breeds in a different formation.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by mechanics(m): 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
now you understand what old age can do to all of us..see how smart, handsome, eloquent Joe biden was. Chaii..old age oo..
He's still smart.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by azzima(m): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2020
Just few yrs after, Trump paid for a WHOLE newspaper page to denigrate 5 FALSELY accused BLACK boys . He called them "pack of wolves" and other unprintable words because they were accused of raping a WHITE female jogger. The boys were EVENTUALLY freed after about 20 yrs when another man confessed to the crime. UNFORTUNATELY, about 30 yrs after, AFRICANS are NOW Worshipping this nasty BIGOT! WHAT is REALLY wrong with some AFRICANS??
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by bayelsaowei(m): 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2020
mechanics:
He's still smart.
yeah he is..but just a bit slow with speaking with old age..
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Throwback:

Don't mind those IGNORANT FOOLS.
FOOLISH has no limit in terms of Age Representation

1 Like

Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by fredpeter(m): 7:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
I never liked biden but for this the narrative has changed. Trump get the fvck otta there

2 Likes

Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Throwback: 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2020
VULCAN:
People like you who pretend to be informed are a major reason why the world has gotten to the point where most people are almost incapable of any form of critical thinking.

You watched a video began to foam at the mouth insulting people who see things differently from you.

Like I keep saying, the two most intolerant groups of people alive today are Islamic fundamentalists and Liberals such as yourself.

Now on to the video, if you weren't mentally lazy and a victim of confirmation bias you would have approached this video more. carefully.

As soon as I watched this video I knew that this was a grand performance from a smart politician who had an agenda.

I fired up Google and found out that Biden began thinking of running for President two years before this video and he actually first ran for President a year after this video.

So he was just grandstanding for the black vote.

This took me less than 10mins to find out.

I don't know whether you are normally so easily deceived or its just your hatred for Christians that blinded you to the truth.

I wish you good luck

You problem is inferiority complex.

What took you less than 10mins is what I had already known about Joe Biden running for the Democratic party Presidential ticket in 1988, 2008 and the 3rd successful attempt in 2020.

So you would have preferred that he applaud the Reagan administration's weak posture against the apartheid regime in South Africa, just because he would go on to be a weak aspirant for the Democratic party ticket 2years later?

You couldn't stand the fact that Biden was on the right side of history as at 1986 when Mandela still languished in jail, so you had to go look for a reason to justify your prejudice.

And your justification is that he ran for the Democratic party ticket the following year for the 1988 elections?

Religious fanatics like yourself are a disease to this world.

Live your own life for yourself and let others live theirs for themselves. It is not your duty to dictate a life for others that must be in tandem to your own beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2020
roundman:
You won't see them here,just say he was against the South Africans, you will be shocked by the floodgates of negative reactions.
You mean Nigeria Christians
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by InvertedHammer: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2020
/
Africans love their oppressors especially if they are White... that’s why they gravitate towards Trump. Modern Slavery is a state of mind.
/

1 Like

Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by mechanics(m): 8:09pm On Nov 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
yeah he is..but just a bit slow with speaking with old age..
Eyah, he's really old.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by pius49(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
He was speaking against apartheid then which was good but during Obama presidency he couldn't have more even now he'll still do less cos manna doesn't fall from heaven again
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Dyonne: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lovelyn451:
stop using blacks to catch cruise, racism is inbuilt in every whiteman, just do your tenure and shift...biden appoints a black woman, biden opening door for a black woman yen yen yen...trying to prove that you're not racist is racism!!!

Happy birthday to you.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by meobizy(f): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
My uncle in the village also spoke against it. He died a pauper, last last.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
Royalfurnitures:
But how come during Obama govt in which he was the VP he never influenced the govt in favour of Africa if he so much love Africa

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

The string that ties them all together is the freedom to do what you want and fight against oppression

Just like I don't want a govt to tell me where to put my johnson,Johnson, should not have the right to tell anyone what to do with their lives
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Palehair: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
Joe and Jill went up the hill, to start to heal the nation. Trump went down, that evil clown, to face incarceration.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by swiperthefox: 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
livingchrist:
Joe Biden is just a puppet (I have nothing against him but his satanic party), the democrat satanic party will finally nail america coffin of sin.

King saul was chosen as Israel's king not by God but by man.
Americans has totally fallen for the globalist.
The end is near, Jesus is coming,
It is clear you don't know Bible. 1 Samuel 9:16, "about this time tomorrow I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin. Anoint him ruler over my people Israel; he will deliver them from the hand of the Philistines. I have looked on my people, for their cry has reached me."
Biden is an upstanding guy. USA is not Nigeria. Trump was the puppet being controlled by Putin.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Lovelyn451(f): 12:28am On Nov 10, 2020
Dyonne:

Happy birthday to you.
oh my God!!! thank you
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Image123(m): 1:06am On Nov 10, 2020
kingxsamz:
People don't want to see this.
They just want to believe what they want to believe.
The Trump who they hold so dear, and call holy also supports LGBT and doesn't give a shit about Africans.
Clowns will always live in self denial.
What does the Nairaland celebrity, Righteousness89 have to say about this?

Where's your mentor padlock or capslock? Hope he didn't end it after the US election because you people easily end it since you're hopeless and life has no meaning. Anyway just caring.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Zidane10(m): 1:52am On Nov 10, 2020
[quote author=Throwback post=95851684]This is the man religious fanatics want us to believe he is a demon and 1st son of Lucifer, while their white preachers from America whom they listen to spew all the garbage, are some of the most racist of humans in America.

1986 - 2020. Alot can change within this time frame
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by gaskiyamagana: 5:41am On Nov 10, 2020
PROPHETmichael:
Nigerians are celebrating 77 year old Biden while at the same time abusing a 77 year old Buhari that he's too old to run the country.

Anyway, both of them have one thing in common and that is electoral fraud. While Buhari is lucky, Biden won't be.

Wailer never tire of wailing. He carried the wailing pot for head from Nigeria go America. Dis tin sufrice me.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by wonder233: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2020
Is gay and abortion your problem?
Royalfurnitures:

Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by Dyonne: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2020
Lovelyn451:
oh my God!!! thank you

You're welcome. Hope you had fun. Many more years to come.
Re: Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video by 1Dray(m): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2020
PROPHETmichael:
Nigerians are celebrating 77 year old Biden while at the same time abusing a 77 year old Buhari that he's too old to run the country.

Anyway, both of them have one thing in common and that is electoral fraud. While Buhari is lucky, Biden won't be.

The question is, "is he really 77" Read his younger sister celebrated 84 years birthday in 2015.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians / Mass Suicide Bombings At Two Mosques In Pakistan. 60 Dead, 100 Injured (graphic) / Afghan Woman Delivers Baby Aboard U.S. Evacuation Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.