Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway (22377 Views)

Is Rad Auto Works "Expensive"? / Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works / Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by radautoworks: 8:10am On Nov 09, 2020
As some of you know our mission is to change the auto repair industry in Nigeria. Part of that is educating consumers and empowering them to maintain their vehicles better.
With that goal in mind and in appreciation to Nairalanders we will be giving out two diagnostic scanners a week for six weeks to lucky winners so keep on the lookout! If you do not win don't worry. We will be giving away another five through our Facebook and Instagram in December but we had to show NL all the love because that is where we first started.
In an attempt to make this fun and fair, we will do this using various challenges. ONCE YOU WIN ONE, YOU CANNOT COMPETE FOR ANOTHER AND YES, YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE A CHEESY PICTURE HOLDING YOUR PRIZE PREFERABLY WITH YOUR MONIKER (BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST YOUR MONIKER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO).
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

So far our first three winners were from Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja. I'm LOVING this!!

CHALLENGE 1 winner clubwebhost
[s]On our Instagram page @radautoworks there is a video of a large van used for a good cause that wouldn't fit in our bays. What are the colors of that van and what is written on the side of it?[/s]

You must write EXACTLY everything written on the side of it.
HINT: red bull gives you wiiiings!!

[s]First correct answer gets the circled scanner. GOOD LUCK! wink[/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w6XXJAXt9E

CHALLENGE 2 winner NaijaCR7
[s]Time to find out who really rides with us wink
Post a picture containing your moniker, today's date, one of our keychains and any form of paperwork from us (invoice, diagnostic sheet, receipt, etc).

First complete post gets one of the Autel scanners below. GOOD LUCK! wink[/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yuUhEk9VNU

CHALLENGE 3 winner Avilaprojects
[s]This should be easy I think.. Find a license plate that contains the numbers 9, 1 and 4 (my birthday) and take a picture with it holding up your moniker and today's date.
Your face shouldn't to be in it and it does NOT have to be your car. However, it cannot be a picture off the internet. If multiple people have it, whoever has them in the same order above beats first poster[/s] grin

[s]Winner gets one of the KW310 scanners below. GOOD LUCK![/s] wink

CHALLENGE 4 winner Sirleke
[s]Based on suggestions, this challenge will be purely Democratic.
NOMINATE 2 PEOPLE ON NL WHO ARE NOT YOU WHO YOU BELIEVE DESERVE A SCANNER.
Highest number of votes by midnight Nigerian time on Thursday, November the 19th, 2020 gets one of the black Akface AK-02 scanners below. GOOD LUCK!! [/s]

CHALLENGE 5 winner chibjohn
[s]On one of OUR threads here on Nairaland, there is a post detailing the full process of how we do wheel balancing here at Rad Auto Works.

WHAT ARE THE FINAL MEASUREMENT READINGS OF THE TIRE THAT WAS BALANCED AND WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE TECH THAT DID IT?

Winner gets a green JDiag D101 scanner.

If you're familiar with our posts, this challenge won't last 10 minutes. GOOD LUCK![/s]

CHALLENGE 6 winner deedee44
[s]ALL ANSWERS MUST BE AS THEY ARE ON OUR WEBSITE AT www.radautoworks.com or mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com

This challenge is going to force a little learning based on the most frequent problems I've observed on NL wink

1) According to our website, at least how long are today's cars built to last?

2) According to our website, what is the second symptom that brakes need to be serviced?

3) According to our website, what does our oil service include?

4) According to our website, what is the first listed sign that you need a tune up and how often do we recommend a tune up?

5) According to our website, what is the second major problem a clogged or dirty fuel system can cause?

6) According to our website, what is the most common form of wear and tear on your cooling system?

7) According to our website, what is the difference between a flashing check engine light and a steady check engine light?

WINNER GETS A YELLOW V310 SCANNER. GOOD LUCK![/s]

CHALLENGE 7 winner ksmart027

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMId27Zc988
[s]For challenge 7 I thought we would focus on something NL is notorious for BEEF! This challenge gives the oldies who's have been here since the birth of this moniker an advantage.

It's no secret I've been involved in a "couple grin" of spats over the years but it's not often I threaten litigation and it's typically over one of two issues.

Today's challenge:
What did each of the three monikers do to push me that far?

HINT: first was in the second quarter of 2018, the second was fourth quarter 2019 and the third was second quarter 2020.

That's it. Simple challenge. For obvious reasons the three monikers cannot win a scanner lol.

Winner gets a KW301 scanner. GOOD LUCK and everyone on NL CALM DOWN[/s]!

CHALLENGE 8 winner Stanleyallen17!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZisA-Kg6eVc

[s]We are going back to school for challenge 8. At Mr T-Milex/Rad Auto Works, billing is always consistent no matter who walks in the door. For this challenge, we will all become Rad Auto Assistants cheesy

For this challenge, use our e-portal to price out the following for a 2009 Toyota Camry V6. Use today's abokifx rate of N470. Answer must be given as a total and correct to the kobo.
1) Front silver carquest wearever brake pads with 0.9 hours labor
2) Rear silver carquest wearever brake pads with 0.9 hours labor
3)Oil change using the correct Carquest conventional engine oil and cheapest standard Carquest 5,000 mile oil filter with 0.6 hours labor.
4) Screenshot the full fluid specs

HINT: Don't forget we are an American company and do the needful wink
BEST ANSWER BY MIDNIGHT SUNDAY WINS A RED V309 SCANNER! GOOD LUCK![/s]

CHALLENGE 9 winner replete.
[img]https://photos.app./fK8QwnzudjK9aVWq9[/img]
[s]Last few challenges have been hard so this one is going back to pure luck!
Whoever finds and takes a picture of a license plate with the most 7's asking with their moniker and date and time (in case you can't pay immediately) by midnight Tuesday wins a J-Diag D-101 scanner! It does not have to be your car.

May Tyche and Fortuna be with you. [/s]

CHALLENGE 10 winner IFSHR
[s]As part of our plan to change the auto repair climate in Nigeria, the stigma of being "just a mechanic" has to change. With cars becoming more advanced and increasingly relying on computers, being a technician is actually a high skill, reputable job that pays well. It is not uncommon for our techs to take home 100-200k a month.

With that in mind, we once hosted a group of young ladies.
1) What was the name of the society we partnered with for this?
2) what was the name of the school the ladies were from?
3) what activities did they do?
4) what date did this happen?

Winner gets an NT210 scanner. Tyche said him no dey so GOOD LUCK!

Almost forgot it was challenge day![/s]

CHALLENGE 11 winner Standico
[s]We are going back to school again for challenge 11.

For this challenge, use our e-portal to price the cheapest possible solution to the notorious "leg pull" (ball joints) and a couple of other things for a 2010 Honda Civic 2.0L.

Use today's abokifx rate of N477. Answer must be given as a total and correct to the kobo.
1) Front ball joints (leg pull) 1.6 hours
2) Front stabilizer/sway bar links 0.8 hours
3) Front stabilizer or sway bar bushing kit 0.5 hours
4) Include the part numbers and warranties

HINT: the listed warranties are for the USA but I have discussed our Nigerian warranties many times on NL.

BEST ANSWER BY MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY WINS A Konnwei KW310 SCANNER! GOOD LUCK![/s]

CHALLENGE 12, the LAST ONE winner emmyN
[s]First to comment "GIMME THAT SCANNER!" gets it wink[/s]

That's all folks!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

3 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by cluewebhost(m): 8:15am On Nov 09, 2020
Pink, light green GMC Van

Lilly Women's Health
Mobile Digital Mammography.
Be Breast Aware
Early detection is the only way to outsmart breast cancer grin

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by radautoworks: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2020
cluewebhost:
Pink, light green GMC Van

Lilly Women's Health
Mobile Digital Mammography.
Be Breast Aware
Early detection is the only way to outsmart breast cancer grin
Daaaanng!!! Don't know if you're right grin
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by radautoworks: 8:25am On Nov 09, 2020
Just joking, we have a winner!!! Got to make them more challenging shocked cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w6XXJAXt9E

cluewebhost has won the first scanner in 5 minutes!!!
DM me to arrange prize pickup.

Thanks for being a follower. That's the only way you could have done it that fast, you'd seen it before lol

If you want to win, you might want to get familiar with our Facebook and IG.
NEXT CHALLENGE ON THURSDAY wink
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by Felicity0001: 8:27am On Nov 09, 2020
How about those of us that don't have an Instagram app installed on our phones? This is suppised to be a NL challenge na mama... So everything should be strictly NL.

2 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by cluewebhost(m): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2020
radautoworks:

cluewebhost has won the first scanner in 5 minutes!!!
DM me to arrange prize pickup.

Thanks for being a follower. That's the only way you could have done it that fast, you'd seen it before lol

grin grin

For months now.

Sending DM on instagram with my personal account
Nairaland DM's are a nightmare.

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by radautoworks: 8:29am On Nov 09, 2020
Felicity0001:
How about those of us that don't have an Instagram app installed on our phones? This is suppised to be a NL challenge na mama... So everything should be strictly NL.

Don't worry Feli, challenges can be anything. One of them will be one that was suggested on the Uber thread and I'm still taking ideas for challenges in our main thread cheesy
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by Babadee1900(m): 8:36am On Nov 09, 2020
That was fast! cry

4 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by Felicity0001: 8:39am On Nov 09, 2020
cluewebhost:

grin grin

For months now.

Sending DM on instagram with my personal account
Nairaland DM's are a nightmare.

I share in your moment of joy.

Congratulations to you.

radautoworks:

Don't worry Feli, challenges can be anything. One of them will be one that was suggested on the Uber thread and I'm still taking ideas for challenges in our main thread cheesy

Ok oooh... No issues

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by Kingdemu: 10:32am On Nov 09, 2020
Dayummmm...some fast fingers up there. Sha, we die here Anty Radu

3 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by emmyN(m): 10:50am On Nov 09, 2020
radautoworks:

angry

I would be sleeping on this thread henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by deedee44: 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2020
radautoworks:
As some of you know our mission is to change the auto repair industry in Nigeria. Part of that is educating consumers and empowering them to maintain their vehicles better.
With that goal in mind and in appreciation to Nairalanders we will be giving out two diagnostic scanners a week for six weeks to lucky winners so keep on the lookout! If you do not win don't worry. We will be giving away another five through our Facebook and Instagram in December but we had to show NL all the love because that is where we first started.
In an attempt to make this fun and fair, we will do this using various challenges. ONCE YOU WIN ONE, YOU CANNOT COMPETE FOR ANOTHER AND YES, YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE A CHEESY PICTURE HOLDING YOUR PRIZE PREFERABLY WITH YOUR MONIKER (BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST YOUR MONIKER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO).
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

CHALLENGE 1
On our Instagram page @radautoworks there is a video of a large van used for a good cause that wouldn't fit in our bays. What are the colors of that van and what is written on the side of it?

You must write EXACTLY everything written on the side of it.
HINT: red bull gives you wiiiings!!

First correct answer gets the circled scanner. GOOD LUCK! wink
I'm just seeing this sad
Congrats to the winner and kudos to you ma'am

2 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by NaijaCr7: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hope I never late like this

Driver oya end trip....

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by radautoworks: 9:27am On Nov 12, 2020
CHALLENGE 2
Time to find out who really rides with us wink
Post a picture containing your moniker, today's date, one of our keychains and any form of paperwork from us (invoice, diagnostic sheet, receipt, etc).

First complete picture gets one of the Autel scanners below. GOOD LUCK! wink

EDIT:
Post what you have. If no one has all, first most complete one wins! But I know there are a lot of people who have all smiley smiley
Also, any paperwork your submit must be your own. I will verify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yuUhEk9VNU

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by emmyN(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2020
radautoworks:
CHALLENGE 2

This one hard o cheesy

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by NaijaCr7: 9:31am On Nov 12, 2020
Na only keychain I no get o.....chai
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by radautoworks: 9:33am On Nov 12, 2020
emmyN:

This one hard o cheesy

I said I had to make it harder. grin The last one someone won in 5 minutes!
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by radautoworks: 9:35am On Nov 12, 2020
NaijaCr7:
Na only keychain I no get o.....chai

Post what you have. If no one has all, first most complete one wins! But I know there are a lot of people who have all smiley
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by cluewebhost(m): 9:42am On Nov 12, 2020
radautoworks:

grin
I need to order a keychain to be prepared

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by emmyN(m): 9:44am On Nov 12, 2020
radautoworks:

Rorun se ma cheesy

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by emmyN(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2020
radautoworks:

Post what you have. If no one has all, first most complete one wins! But I know there are a lot of people who have all smiley

Okay na, lemme be dropping it small small. We don't all live in Lagos o

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by radautoworks: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2020
emmyN:

Okay na, lemme be dropping it small small. We don't all live in Lagos o
next challenge that won't be a problem. First winner doesn't live in Lagos either. cool

I dey go sleep. Somebody go sha win am.
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by NaijaCr7: 10:01am On Nov 12, 2020
Locked in grin grin cool

4 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by deedee44: 10:25am On Nov 12, 2020
radautoworks:
CHALLENGE 2

I can't pass this one. Make I go queue for next one

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by Eddee(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2020
radautoworks:
CHALLENGE 2

Was late, couldn’t find the other invoices. This will do, grin - heavenlybang get over here

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Eddee:

Was late, couldn’t find the other invoices. This will do, grin - heavenlybang get over here

I never patronize o. cry cry cry
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by Eddee(m): 11:41am On Nov 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I never patronize o. cry cry cry

No worry if I win this election I go give you the scanner. I get scanner already!
Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by oride: 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
Eddee:

No worry if I win this election I go give you the scanner. I get scanner already!

Which Kain corruption be this na

2 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by chijioke17(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
I never patronise too cry

2 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by Eddee(m): 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
oride:

Which Kain corruption be this na

Baba na PDP through and through I be (we dey share the joy), if him already get. I go give you grin

2 Likes

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
Eddee:

My man. grin

1 Like

Re: MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway by Eddee(m): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

My man. grin

I just realize say ‘mama’ the find keychain join. You sure say we no go create post for that bolt thread offer to buy person key chain? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate / The History Of Lexus And Milestones Reached From 1989 To 2019 / 2019 World Car Of The Year Top Three Announced In Geneva Auto Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.