Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit (3714 Views)

Nokia Has Officially Launched The Nokia G11 Plus / MTN NIGERIA LAUNCHED THE FIRST OFFICIAL 5G DEMO (See Photo) / HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by postbox: 9:30am On Nov 09, 2020
China successfully sent the world’s first 6G communications test satellite into orbit from Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center on November 6. The technology is expected to be over 100 times faster than 5G, enabling lossless transmission in space.
The telecoms industry is still several years away from agreeing on 6G’s specifications, so it is not yet certain the tech being trialled will make it into the final standard.

It involves the use of high-frequency terahertz waves to achieve data-transmission speeds many times faster than 5G is likely to be capable of.

The satellite also carries technology which will be used for crop disaster monitoring and forest fire prevention.

Samsung released a white paper entitled “The Next Hyper-Connected Experience for All.” outlining the company’s vision for the next generation communication system, namely 6G. The white paper covers various aspects related to 6G, including technical and societal megatrends, new services, requirements, candidate technologies and an expected timeline of standardization.

Samsung’s vision for 6G is to bring the next hyper-connected experience to every corner of life. To accelerate research for 6G, Samsung Research, the advanced R&grin hub within Samsung Electronics’ SET Business, founded its Advanced Communications Research Center in May of last year.

Examples of 6G performance requirements are a peak data rate of 1,000 Gbps (gigabits per second) and air latency less than 100 microseconds (μs), 50 times the peak data rate and one-tenth the latency of 5G.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2020/11/08/china-has-just-launched-the-worlds-first-6g-test-satellite-into-orbit/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by modsfucker: 9:32am On Nov 09, 2020
They're late this time around, Nigeria launched its own since April.

16 Likes

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 09, 2020
Nigeria launched her own during independence na... smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Nbotee(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2020
And Nigerians are still making noise about how 5G dat dey haven't com close to is antichrist.. Dat means 6G will b coming of Christ..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by sunshineV(f): 10:03am On Nov 09, 2020
Pastor chris no go chop dis night

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Ever8090: 10:25am On Nov 09, 2020
What happened to 5G again naa..?
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Alkheira(m): 10:29am On Nov 09, 2020
We have to give it to the Chinese.... Kudos

The is no American tech that is alien to the Chinese but there are Chinese tech that are alien to the Americans

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Calabar1stSon: 11:16am On Nov 09, 2020
3G network is still the most preferred band over 4G in Nigeria due to its stability(can be frustrating most of the time).

I still use 3G until now.

The Chinese don't just dream-it, they build-it.

4 Likes

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by princemillla(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
3G network is still the most preferred band over 4G in Nigeria due to its stability.

The Chinese don't just dream-it but build-it.

Ur opinion Sha, cuz I can't remember the last time I ever applauded 3G. 4G was more of it for me but wirh 5G, I think I love to explore more

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Calabar1stSon: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2020
princemillla:

Ur opinion Sha, cuz I can't remember the last time I ever applauded 3G. 4G was more of it for me but wirh 5G, I think I love to explore more
Was commenting based on coverage.
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by princemillla(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
3G network is still the most preferred band over 4G in Nigeria due to its stability.

The Chinese don't just dream-it but build-it.

Ur opinion Sha, cuz I can't remember the last time I ever applauded 3G. 4G was more of it for me but wirh 5G, I think I love to explore more.

Now to the ones who attributed 5G to covid19, I hope the 6G Wil not be covid20?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Telegram234(m): 11:46am On Nov 09, 2020
this one go drink data ehhhh.

5 Likes

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by edoairways: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2020
Calabar1stSon:

The Chinese don't just dream-it, they build-it.
To start with, is 4G network in existence in Nigeria?
To those who believe it is, why is it slower than other lower brands in many locations?

1 Like

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by sagieramos(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
Was commenting based on coverage.
3g is no-no for me especially in an online gaming. I think Airtel has the largest 4g coverage
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Kondomatic(m): 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2020
modsfucker:
They're late this time around, Nigeria launched its own since April.
Enyia we are talking about satellite not bokoharam attack.

1 Like

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by modsfucker: 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kondomatic:
Enyia we are talking about satellite not bokoharam attack.

Before nko? In fact, we are launching 7G satellite by January, dey dere...
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Ayo2004: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2020
B4 u know...one pastor will come and say 6g is the mark of the Antichrist,religion and tribalism are Nigeria's greatest problems and even nairaland too cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by dynicks(m): 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2020
I think this is a matter of one doing best what he/she knows how well to do and not to go about making boast of it......The Chinese on one part have done and still doing theirs, The Americans too not left out...

Same goes to their counterparts here in this part of the world that have succeeded in launching a whole new phase of corruption in and out of space way beyond human comprehension.......so make everybody just dey their lane...
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Calabar1stSon: 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
sagieramos:

3g is no-no for me especially in an online gaming. I think Airtel has the largest 4g coverage
I use 3G for gaming because 4G is slower where I live at.

edoairways:

To those who believe it is, why is it slower than other lower brands in many locations?
Yup! There's 4G but with low coverage and high latencies for areas with very low 4G signal.
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by RenaissanceGuy: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
If 5G was anti Christ, I think 6G is anti Christ raised to power 66 grin

2 Likes

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by espn(m): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
If 5G was anti Christ, I think 6G is anti Christ raised to power 66 grin
Nigerian witches have launched 30G (EVIL G) since 1960. So this one isnt new.
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Kolisky(m): 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
Nbotee:
And Nigerians are still making noise about how 5G dat dey haven't com close to is antichrist.. Dat means 6G will b coming of Christ..

2 Likes

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by timibare(m): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
China Virus eewooo
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Gadafii: 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
where is our online residential pastor

abi is 5G no longer anti-christ grin cheesy
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by MrBONE2(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2020
Gadafii:

grin
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Thermodynamics(m): 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
When will Africans invent something the entire world can use?
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Renforce: 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
Anti Christ Pro Max grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Renforce: 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
Gadafii:

Stoopet grin
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by stalwart123(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
grin

Witches.

6G, when 5G never reach Nigeria.
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Uyi168: 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2020
edoairways:

4G sit down gidigba for naija..
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
Re: China Has Just Launched The ‘World’s First 6G Test Satellite’ Into Orbit by engrchykae(m): 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2020
BIDEN WILL ALSO DO ONE TERM BECAUSE HE CANT COMBAT CHINA,AMERICANS REALLY NEED SOMEONE WHO WILL CUT CHINA TO SIZE,UNTIL ONE YEAR,THEY WILL DECIDE TO GO ALL OUT AGAINST CHINA, DOOMSDAY.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel 200 For 1gb Observations On The Data Consumption / Take A Look At How Whatsapp Dark Mode Looks Like / Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.