Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,606 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Edet Edem Akpan Eulogize Attah Of Igala Idakwo Michael Ameh Oboni Ii - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edet Edem Akpan Eulogize Attah Of Igala Idakwo Michael Ameh Oboni Ii (337 Views)

Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government / Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead / Brazilian Man Eulogize Ifa And Masquerade In Yoruba . Photos & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edet Edem Akpan Eulogize Attah Of Igala Idakwo Michael Ameh Oboni Ii by edet19892015(m): 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2020
EULOGY TO ATTAH IGALA�

I feel the immense pain that the unfortunate death of the Late Idakwo Michael Ameh Oboni has caused his wife, children, grandchildren and the entire Kingdom of Igala in particular and Kogi State in general, who must be grieving at the demise of the Attah.

Attah was, undoubtedly, a very eminent citizen and his death will be felt not only by his people but indeed, the entire nation. We can, nevertheless, be consoled from knowing that Attah Michael has gone to rest in the bosom of his Maker and left behind him a good name and worthy legacy.

As a Corps Member serving in idah I have been inspired, over the months, by Attah's most impressive career as a tested manager of men and resources, a proprietor of repute, and an industrialist of distinction.
His attainments, over the years, surely culminated in his coronation as the Attah Igala since Wednesday March 6th, 2013.

He was the first Attah in history to stay with one wife. In his words, “I have chosen to stay with one wife because one wife is even too many. I am the first Attah in history to stay with one wife and I am comfortable with that,” quoted from PUNCH August 26, 2017 edition.

The late Attah was a patriotic and highly respected traditional ruler who had immeasurable love for his people and great faith in a united Kogi State. I remember his firmness in support of Governor Yahaya Bello administration, His staunch support would always be remembered. He, accordingly, stood out as a voice of honesty and forthrightness in Traditional Affairs. He was at the same time a fervent promoter of mutual tolerance and understanding not only among the diverse people who lived in his kingdom but also across Kogi State.

The late Attah followed the tradition of his great predecessors. He was a great traditional leader, urbane and respected by his subjects. His influence transcended the Kingdom of Igala and, indeed, Kogi State. He stood shoulder-to-shoulder with traditional rulers across Nigeria and beyond the shore of Nigeria and was very well respected among his counterparts from the West, East, North and South. He was a unifying force not just in Igala but in the whole of the North Central zone and beyond.

Attah Michael Ameh journey to meet his ancestors means an irreplaceable loss to his family, his people, Kogi State and, indeed, Nigeria.
Attah may no longer be with us but his legacy endures. He had a vision for his Kingdom and pursued it with every resource available to him. We must not let that vision for the greatness of Igala Land depart with him. He was very concerned about the security and welfare of Corps members in Idah Local Government Area and others.

As we bid farewell to this great Nigerian, let us rededicate ourselves to the values he cherished and lived by such as love of the country and community as well as the readiness to help the less fortunate at all times.

I extend heartfelt condolences on the final transition of Idakwo Michael Ameh Oboni and pray that the Almighty God grant you all the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
May the soul of the dear monarch rest in perfect peace.

Onuku-Ojo Elite Edet Edem Akpan.
Onuku-Igala.��

1 Like

Re: Edet Edem Akpan Eulogize Attah Of Igala Idakwo Michael Ameh Oboni Ii by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
edet19892015:
EULOGY TO ATTAH IGALA�

I feel the immense pain that the unfortunate death of the Late Idakwo Michael Ameh Oboni has caused his wife, children, grandchildren and the entire Kingdom of Igala in particular and Kogi State in general, who must be grieving at the demise of the Attah.

Attah was, undoubtedly, a very eminent citizen and his death will be felt not only by his people but indeed, the entire nation. We can, nevertheless, be consoled from knowing that Attah Michael has gone to rest in the bosom of his Maker and left behind him a good name and worthy legacy.

As a Corps Member serving in idah I have been inspired, over the months, by Attah's most impressive career as a tested manager of men and resources, a proprietor of repute, and an industrialist of distinction.
His attainments, over the years, surely culminated in his coronation as the Attah Igala since Wednesday March 6th, 2013.

He was the first Attah in history to stay with one wife. In his words, “I have chosen to stay with one wife because one wife is even too many. I am the first Attah in history to stay with one wife and I am comfortable with that,” quoted from PUNCH August 26, 2017 edition.

The late Attah was a patriotic and highly respected traditional ruler who had immeasurable love for his people and great faith in a united Kogi State. I remember his firmness in support of Governor Yahaya Bello administration, His staunch support would always be remembered. He, accordingly, stood out as a voice of honesty and forthrightness in Traditional Affairs. He was at the same time a fervent promoter of mutual tolerance and understanding not only among the diverse people who lived in his kingdom but also across Kogi State.

The late Attah followed the tradition of his great predecessors. He was a great traditional leader, urbane and respected by his subjects. His influence transcended the Kingdom of Igala and, indeed, Kogi State. He stood shoulder-to-shoulder with traditional rulers across Nigeria and beyond the shore of Nigeria and was very well respected among his counterparts from the West, East, North and South. He was a unifying force not just in Igala but in the whole of the North Central zone and beyond.

Attah Michael Ameh journey to meet his ancestors means an irreplaceable loss to his family, his people, Kogi State and, indeed, Nigeria.
Attah may no longer be with us but his legacy endures. He had a vision for his Kingdom and pursued it with every resource available to him. We must not let that vision for the greatness of Igala Land depart with him. He was very concerned about the security and welfare of Corps members in Idah Local Government Area and others.

As we bid farewell to this great Nigerian, let us rededicate ourselves to the values he cherished and lived by such as love of the country and community as well as the readiness to help the less fortunate at all times.

I extend heartfelt condolences on the final transition of Idakwo Michael Ameh Oboni and pray that the Almighty God grant you all the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
May the soul of the dear monarch rest in perfect peace.

Onuku-Ojo Elite Edet Edem Akpan.
Onuku-Igala.��

Seems Igala people are mixture of Akwa Ibom, Igbo and Yorubas

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Uk Doctor Suspended & Jailed For Punishing His Own Son Blames Cultural / See The Recent Warning Sunday Igboho Gave The Fulani Herdsmen / Women Not Getting Married Due To High Cost Of Bride Price – Imo Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.