Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land (1312 Views)

Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens / Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Ballack1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
I don't know why Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdon stood at the center in this pucture.Ooni of Ife or Alafin of Oyo should be at the center

Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by XXLMANDIGO: 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
He has money than most of them grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Pierocash(m): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2020
When money shows up, everyone queues behind.

Give it to him, the man is wealthy
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by illicit(m): 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2020
Did u see Alaafin there
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Lipscomb(m): 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2020
Alafin is not there.
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
Every speculation is allowed..... Eni ti koni oba ni iran won kole moyi oba
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Baiser(m): 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
Because Money answereth all things,
the man is the richest monarch in Nigeria
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by juman(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
The chairman of South West traditional ruler association.
I think he is still the chairman.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Dartilo(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2020
Money speaking
All this kabiyesi dey r humans,they too go sti love rabba and sabi respect rabba holder na
Lol abeg na joke I dey before afonja troop in
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by RedboneSmith(m): 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ballack1:
I don't know why Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdon stood at the center in this pucture.Ooni of Ife or Alafin of Oyo should be at the center

Well, he claims his ancestors were in Ife before Oduduwa came; and that by virtue of that he is senior to the other Yoruba ọbas.

Do with this information what you will. smiley
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Ballack1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
Well, he claims his ancestors were in Ife before Oduduwa came; and that by virtue of that he is senior to the other Yoruba ọbas.

Do with this information what you will.
That sounds somehow now
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by LeoThaGreat(m): 8:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
Olugbo's ancestors were one of the aborigines of Ilé Ifè before Oduduwa (son of Lamurudu)'s arrival.
Oduduwa, a wealthy (according to the praise singing of Oba of Benin) migrant rose to prominence in Ifè and took over control of the 13 villages that made up Ifè.
Some disgruntled aborigines left Ifè for what is now Ugbo (Ilaje in what is now Ondo State).

So Olugbo feels his throne is prior to any descendant of Oduduwa's (as acknowledged by the current Alaafin Adeyemi)

Whatever we think Olugbo does that's wrong, we need to first consider the above narrative of mine before judging
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Etrusen(m): 9:58pm On Nov 09, 2020
LeoThaGreat:
Olugbo's ancestors were one of the aborigines of Ilé Ifè before Oduduwa (son of Lamurudu)'s arrival.
Oduduwa, a wealthy (according to the praise singing of Oba of Benin) migrant rose to prominence in Ifè and took over control of the 13 villages that made up Ifè.
Some disgruntled aborigines left Ifè for what is now Ugbo (Ilaje in what is now Ondo State).

So Olugbo feels his throne is prior to any descendant of Oduduwa's (as acknowledged by the current Alaafin Adeyemi)

Whatever we think Olugbo does that's wrong, we need to first consider the above narrative of mine before judging

must Yoruba always add the Oba of Benin in their problem ?

me self don tire for Una oo
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by LeoThaGreat(m): 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2020
Etrusen:

must Yoruba always add the Oba of Benin in their problem ?

me self don tire for Una oo

Kindly read & digest the praise singing of the Oba of Benin and digest it yourself.
I'm not interested in any back & forth. Kindly contact the Ogiamien descendants if you want any back & forth
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Etrusen(m): 11:54am On Nov 10, 2020
LeoThaGreat:

Kindly read & digest the praise singing of the Oba of Benin and digest it yourself.
I'm not interested in any back & forth. Kindly contact the Ogiamien descendants if you want any back & forth

Oga Benin have nothing to do with Yoruba if you have anything to prove that am wrong kindly bring your evidence to prove me wrong and sorry I cant waste my time on your self claim praises that if I should ask you the meaning you can't give me answer.

Abeg focus on your Yoruba and leave Benin alone

you are even bringing Ogiamien for me to contact
na laugh I just dey laugh Una wen nor wan leave Benin matter abi another person matter nor dey tire Una for neck?
Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by LeoThaGreat(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2020
Etrusen:

Oga Benin have nothing to do with Yoruba
SMH. Why is the Oba called 'Ovbie Oodua N'uhe (Son of Oduduwa in Ife)?
Cuz this was what I was referring that person to before you quoted me as a troublemaker that you are.

Etrusen:
if you have anything to prove that am wrong kindly bring your evidence to prove me wrong and sorry I cant waste my time on your self claim praises that if I should ask you the meaning you can't give me answer.

Abeg focus on your Yoruba and leave Benin alone

you are even bringing Ogiamien for me to contact
na laugh I just dey laugh Una wen nor wan leave Benin matter abi another person matter nor dey tire Una for neck?
All I have to say, and more are what you will get from the Great Ogiamien Royal family of Utantan descendants, especially The Ogiamien Trumpet vol. 2 that addressed this issue, or aren't the Ogiso Evian descendants the custodians of Bini history?

You have been provided evidence over & over on this forum, from Bradbury to other non Yoruba or Bini historians e.g. H. Ling Roth, the author of the Great Benin: Its Customs Arts and Horrors

If you scrutinise my profile on this forum well, you will see I'm not the kind to engage in trouble, so kindly avoid me henceforth on this issue.

I have nothing more to offer you

1 Like

Re: Why Is Olugbo Of Ugbo Acting Like A First Class King In Yoruba Land by Etrusen(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
LeoThaGreat:
SMH. Why is the Oba called 'Ovbie Oodua N'uhe (Son of Oduduwa in Ife)?
Cuz this was what I was referring that person to before you quoted me as a troublemaker that you are.

All I have to say, and more are what you will get from the Great Ogiamien Royal family of Utantan descendants, especially The Ogiamien Trumpet vol. 2 that addressed this issue, or aren't the Ogiso Evian descendants the custodians of Bini history?

You have been provided evidence over & over on this forum, from Bradbury to other non Yoruba or Bini historians e.g. H. Ling Roth, the author of the Great Benin: Its Customs Arts and Horrors

If you scrutinise my profile on this forum well, you will see I'm not the kind to engage in trouble, so kindly avoid me henceforth on this issue.

I have nothing more to offer you

I will have nothing to say to you as long as you people leave Benin from your yoruba topic because Benin have nothing to do with you people please leave Benin alone.

what is all this Yoruba problem : before you see any Yoruba topic you will see Benin inside.

you just make unnecessary talks

how can the praises of the Oba of Benin tell the story that Oba _ ile is older than ife? if you Yoruba people are not looking for trouble.

please you people should focus on your problem and leave Benin alone.

(1) (Reply)

Cardinal Rex Lawson: Passions And Pains In Nigeria --Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / West Africa First Three Tier Story Building By Hausa King Muhammad Korau / Video:jesus Is My Father! Not Olodumare Or Oduduwa - Ooni Of Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.