Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats (829 Views)

Haiti: Martina Moise Connived With Police Chief To Murder Husband - Judge / Japan Police Chief, Nakamura Resigns Over Assassination Of Shinzo Abe / Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Unarmed Black Man Was Shot Dead By Police(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by sapientia(m): 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2020
US police chief resigns after urging violence against Democrats
US police chief resigns after urging violence against Democrats
ON NOVEMBER 9, 202010:41 PMIN FOREIGN
A police chief in the southern US state of Arkansas has resigned after taking to social media following Joe Biden’s presidential win to urge violence against Democrats.

Lang Holland, the police chief in Marshall, a small city located about 100 miles (160 kilometres) north of the state’s capital Little Rock, vented his anger at Biden’s victory on Parler, a right-wing social media site.

“Never let them forget they are traitors and have no right to live in this Republic after what they have done,” read a screenshot of one of his posts which were no longer visible on Monday.

“Death to all Marxist Democrats,” another post said. “Take no prisoners leave no survivors!!”

Another post showed a picture of Democrats, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, wearing prison jumpsuits with a caption that read: “I pray all those in that picture hang in the gallows and are drawn and quartered!!!! Anything less is not acceptable.”

Holland resigned at the weekend following outrage over his posts from local residents and beyond.

“The Marshall community does not in any way support or condone bullying or threats of violence to anyone of any political persuasion,” the local mayor, Kevin Elliott, said in a statement. “We are a welcoming community that is humbly working to build a bright future for ALL our citizens.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/us-police-chief-resigns-after-urging-violence-against-democrats/amp/#click=https:///KM4Eydf2AN
Re: US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by sapientia(m): 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2020
When will a police chief ever resign in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by budaatum: 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2020
sapientia:
When will a police chief ever resign in Nigeria
You sound like this was his first posts and his resignation was voluntary but I know you are far more sapient than that.

To answer your question, when we the Nigerian people make a police officer resign just like public opinion of the Americans made Lang Holland resign and as we made Babangida resign, and if they don't resign we fire them with our democratic vote like trump was fired! We just need to understand that......

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12633706_20201030172057175_jpeg_jpeg4b0b45940344398507aa06086b348acb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
cheesy..... Hnmmmm angry

Re: US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by Liposure: 11:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
Some people needs to know that election is not a do or die affair. You lose some you win some

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by muykem: 11:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
He should be prosecuted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by sapientia(m): 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2020
budaatum:

You sound like this was his first posts and his resignation was voluntary but I know you are far more sapient than that.

To answer your question, when we the Nigerian people make a police officer resign just like public opinion of the Americans made Lang Holland resign and as we made Babangida resign, and if they don't resign we fire them with our democratic vote like trump was fired! We just need to understand that......

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12633706_20201030172057175_jpeg_jpeg4b0b45940344398507aa06086b348acb

Am more concerned that with even public opinion, people in public service rarely resign.

Its as if they are hard wired to resist any attempt to even suggest that.

If a police chief did what he did in Nigeria and he is a loyalist to the ruling party, nothing will happen.

I might be wrong but my doubts are still valid.

And yes, we can actually fire them with votes but therein exists a usual problem, a flawed electoral process.

3 years is a whole lot of time to swallow the dictatorial tendencies of Buhari and there is no guarantee that he will assent to pending electoral reforms that can at least help us get it maybe 50% right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by budaatum: 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2020
sapientia:
3 years is a whole lot of time to swallow the dictatorial tendencies of Buhari and there is no guarantee that he will assent to pending electoral reforms that can at least help us get it maybe 50% right.
First, electoral reform. I must say I'm ignorant and would welcome some detail about it. One thing I know I'd want is mandatory local government elections. Is it part of the reform?

You must be young or slept through Buhari 83-85 or think none of those who lived through then voted in the last two elections. Go read up about Buhari then, and you'd see this Buhari is no way as dictatorial as we hoped for. And I'm going to add this because I know you will live long, nor is he the most dictatorial you will live through, sadly, but necessarily since we Nigerians need a strong leader in order to progress.

sapientia:

And yes, we can actually fire them with votes but therein exists a usual problem, a flawed electoral process.
Awww, poor you. Please try to convince me that the easiest way to defeat you is to make you believe the electoral process is flawed so you don't vote.

You must be a trump supporter, or you would throw that line away and get a new one. You should wonder why the person promoting it did. Did you not see how the people came out to vote and debunk that nonsense? America just proved it wrong!

Re: US Police Chief Resigns After Urging Violence Against Democrats by festacman(m): 12:16am On Nov 10, 2020
Thid dude is American version of typical SARS policeman. Demon infested!

(1) (Reply)

Random pictures with Explanation / Biden to Putin: Expect what we didn’t do in 2014, if Russia escalates in Ukraine / Countries With The Highest Nuclear Weapons In The World 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.