Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

On Quiet Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Quiet Time (157 Views)

As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? / EndSARS: Pastor Enenche On Protest 'Nigerians Have Been Keeping Quiet For Long' / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Quiet Time by lalaponcus(m): 6:57am On Nov 10, 2020
So I awake
And rise to my chair to begin my daily knocking.
Daily knocking on Heaven's gates to see the face of my owner.
Daily cooing my love panegyrics into the ears of Jesus who saved me.
Daily waiting to hear the instructions olowo-ori (my husband) will give to me.
For I am now recognise the futility of living without strategic daily instructions.

So, anyways, there Bashorun was.
Singing but just worried.
Praying but feeling a tug of war in my mind
Silent in body but restless in the spirit.

The problem was the 'cares of the world'

It was simple.
One minute my mind was focused on God, the next it would turn to the 2000 words essay I was to turn in that day.
One minute I was praying for my teens, the next my mind is thinking of the Canadian visa nairaland thread and the many tales of woe of Nigerians.
One minute I was praying for God to bless nwanyi achala ugo'm (omo re bi iyan) and the next my mind is thinking about the lands I am yet to buy at 28.
One minute I was praying for the widows and orphans, and the next, I am thinking about the 'Aspire to Inspire' motivatio...

Arrgghhh
These diversions vexed me deeply, my people.
These little puny 'cares' that don't matter in the grand scheme of eternity really vexed me.

And I know they vex you, too.
I know you sometimes grow impatient in the place of prayers.
I know you sometimes involuntarily
chuckle when the pastor urges daily quiet time of 2 hours with God.

You think, "2 hours praying and reading for this Naija wey I dey so?"
"2 hours to sing when I need to be on the road by 4am to avoid Lagos traffic?"

See, my person, Bash knows.
But he has also learnt,
That no matter how much 'responsibilities' are on you today, they will still remain if you fall down dead this minute.
That the ephemeral (short-lived) things always seem to matter but do NOT matter in the grand plan of your destiny.
That the quality time spent knocking on Heaven's gate should not be classified as waste.
That the quiet time is the most productive period of the day as God's spirit really ministers to yours.

See eh,
Broda mi
Sister mi
Aunty mi
Hunku mi
Let's return to cherishing the personal time we spend with God daily.
Not mentally scheduling these moments to a particular day of the week or a coming church conference.

Ire o.
I have delivered the message God dropped in my spirit for you today
#Isaiah50:4
#Bashorun

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/10/2020 / ENDTIME: Nairaland 18 Years Old Rapper Disses Nigerian Politicians / Who knows a site for gigs for Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.