Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt (15905 Views)

ASUU Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt / Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg / School Feeding Program In Niger State: See What Pupils Were Fed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by ManLikeL: 9:26am On Nov 10, 2020
Senior citizens under the aegis of Association of Nigeria Universities Alumni (ANUA) yesterday declared their readiness to mediate between the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and the Federal Government, to end the eight-month strike.

The association said it has resolved to ensure that unemployed graduates are registered, to secure social security allowance for them from the Federal Government.

The newly-elected Chairman of the group, Dr. Stephen Fasakin, said at the national convention of the association in Imo State University, Owerri that one of his mandates was to unify the alumni associations of the universities under one umbrella.

He said: “Under my leadership, we shall embark on the creation of a website where every unemployed graduate shall be registered. We shall pursue a bill for the payment of social security allowance to the unemployed graduates, to be taken by the National Assembly

“Under my watch, we shall encourage graduates to be more interested in politics so that we can salvage this country from the greedy office holders. Graduates must take over the position of leadership and responsibilities. We shall facilitate a better serving condition for corps members.

“One area where university growth has suffered is the area of alumni associations’ collaboration. We shall not close our eyes to that. On that note we shall take a bold step in resolving this current conflict between the government and ASUU so that universities will resume.”

The chairman urged members to be committed to the association, saying: “The association shall be committed to you too.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/senior-citizens-to-mediate-between-ASUU-fed-govt/amp/?espv=1

8 Likes

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by YoonSung57: 9:27am On Nov 10, 2020
I'm tired of these ASUU and FG issue

Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details

6 Likes

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by kambili999(f): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2020
A government that doesn't see the need for education

A government that sees youths protesting for better governance as propaganda

A government that selectively curbs corruption

A government that wishes newly elected presidents to practise democracy, yet I can't phantom what they are doing

God help us

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by johnchins: 9:29am On Nov 10, 2020
Shame on FG and ASUU if this shit has gotten to this level. A president without School cert will certainly not understand the value of a sound educational system.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Donchris3(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2020
Omoh

1 Share

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by dfrost: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2020
cheesy

Before anyone heads such institution, I would like to ask one question:

Does the individual have a ward in any public Nigerian university?

5 Likes

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by princefemo01(m): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2020
Chai.... 8 months.
That's serious ooo
They should better mediate the lingering strife. If not, I see the government not doing anything oo
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by williamsetuk(m): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2020
PRODUCT OF THE DAY

Welcome To ASHRON VIEW ESTATE PHASE 1

Are you looking for a buy and build estate in Ibeju Lekki where people have started building? Choose Ashron View Estate Phase 1.

Ashron View Estate Phase 1 is a serviced and classical estate suitable for residential and commercial purposes.

Alatishe, Lekki, Lagos. Just 5 minutes drive from Novare Mall.

PRICE: #2M

PLOT SIZE: 670 Sqm

TITLE: Gazette

TOPOGRAPHY: 100% dry land

NEIGBOURHOODS:
-Shoprite Sangotedo
-Emperor Estate
-Crown Estate
-Nicon Town II
-Chois Gardens
-Fara Park
-Caleb Int'l School Abijo

ESTATE FEATURES:
-Street Light
-Borehole
-Drainage System
-Recreational Center
-Good Road Network
-Gated & Secured Environment

Ashron View Estate Phase 1:-
This land is free from government acquisition because it has been registered.

Get instant allocation immediately after the payment. Flexible payment plans available for 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months.

For site inspection and further enquiries, Call/Whatsapp +2348146053752
+2349016667680
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Bomboiy: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2020
Which yeye senior citizens? They are also part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Muyiwaipere(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2020
Story for the Gods

1 Like

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Odoctor(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2020
Only God understands how I feel at the moment concerning this.

How can can these people be this heartless. Keeping students at home for nothing.
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Ulrich01(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2020
Story undecided
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by AFvckingAlpha(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!

We just churning out undergraduates year in year out with zero jobs out there.

Im tired of seeing MCB graduates resorting to scam, or a graduate or economics turning into a full time gambler.

Im tired of hearing a BCH graduate opening a drug store or a graduate of history teaching in a secondary school with some meagre stipends.

It is what it is. Nigeria's education sector is dead.

We need to change this narrative.

But ama keep bombing and continue with my coding tutorials so one day ama do something meaningful and send some serious message.

Call me Robin Fvcking hood.

I said what I said.

5 Likes

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by MZrapper(f): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2020
What 'REFERENCE' is to Covid_19's updates is what OP is to ASUU.

4 Likes

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by sheller(m): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2020
it's my birthday guyz wish me well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Seerade029: 9:33am On Nov 10, 2020
Lol, senior citizens, how come I'm not a member

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by LightAunt(f): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2020
They should continue playing with the future of the youths.
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Chenzy(m): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2020
Only God knows when this story will end....I dey here dey watch
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by badman007(m): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2020
You are a fool if you don’t believe FG Boko Haram

Only Boko Haram would Almajiri our kids
Only Boko Haram would have 36 states 0 UBE
Only Boko Haram would 2020 Education budget

Education has no value to them lot in ask rock.
Quality Free Zero-Religious Universal Basic Education is the ONLY WAY!

Almajiri Republic of Nigeria-
Rich, Poor, Hoodlums..
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by KossyKiss97(f): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2020
Ok..

This 4 bedroom all ensuite terrace duplex with BQ is available for sale. Located behind Games Village Abuja. Price is 45m. Call 0803651.9974 for enquiries and inspection
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 10, 2020
"From greedy office holders". Says a lot.
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by VivoGraphic999(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2020
It is well

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by ThatFairGuy: 9:35am On Nov 10, 2020
We hope it yield positive effect

1 Like

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by enemyofprogress: 9:35am On Nov 10, 2020
YoonSung57:
I'm tired of these ASUU and FG issue
I am not. Na who send them? Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 10, 2020
kambili999:
A government that doesn't see the need for education

A government that sees youths protesting for better governance as propaganda

A government that selectively curbs corruption

A government that wishes newly elected presidents to practise democracy, yet I can't phantom what they are doing

God help us

The things that happen in Nigeria are insane.
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by Supetheboys: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2020
The government doesn't care about its citizens education ��which type of government does this?
An irresponsible government.
Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by SAMBARRY: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2020
Government have no respect for elders or senior citizens

If they can loot their pension funds with impunity without guilt or feeling bad,you think these scoundrels will send?

Do they have their kids in uniben,lasu,or UNILAG?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt by lkillbrokehoes: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2020
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence / Nigeria Adopts - 1 6 3 3 4 Education System / Website adress of private polytechnics in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.