Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' (41375 Views)

Atedo Peterside: 100 % Of Unaltered Result On IREV Gave Adeleke Victory / Atedo Peterside: Where Was Amaechi When Obi's Votes Were Transferred To Tinubu / Sanusi's Removal: Atedo Peterside Rejects CBN's Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by bigfish3k: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2020
YoonSung57:
I'm tired of the Northern, they behave like they own the country
Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details
Just blame ipob

1 Like

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by RedPanthar: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2020
Harddiskng:
When I say Dangote is bad for Nigeria’s economical progress some people would think it is out of spite. You have no idea how terrible Dangote industry is, it’s bleeding Nigeria (CSR Dangote provides is almost negligible compared to how much he has gained/gaining). Not that his company even pay its Nigerian staff well, it’s pushing our people further into poverty.

Cc: Uruba23

God will bless you oh. When we break down the economical fundamentals, they'll say it's hate

2 Likes

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Harddiskng(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
uruba23:

First you have your biase for him and I don't know why. Government must have taking the decision to avoid a lose of jobs in that sector but then you made a valid point why not other sectors which I agreed with you but unfortunately I am not a cabinet member in President Buhari's government so I can't say why but I do know it's a publicly quoted company so go mop up some shares.

Lol @ job loss in that sector. Joke of the year. Doyou even know over 25 million people are unemployed in Nigeria. How many people is Dangote employing compared to the cumulative number of people in all the companies that were refused this waiver.

Facts and figures. You can see who is biased here lol. By your comments, You are a member of the public supporting the Government’s nepotism, favoritism and the further impoverishment of Nigerians through ill begotten policies.

You are worse than a cabinet member in President Buhari's government.

4 Likes

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by AFONJACOW(m): 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2020
After closure of border for 8 months , has the local commodities in abundance in Nigeria Keep Deceiving unah selves
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Resees: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2020
And to think that you guys will be talking shit about Trump but cant even fix your own damn country.Stupid folks
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by manunitedbabes: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2020
This is absolutely wrong... the developed country cant try this. how there be enough food? only one company? does he own the whole Nigeria? anyways 9ja is not part of developed country thats why we are always struggling to richer the rich.

1 Like

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Wizikal(m): 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2020
I have apple iPad Pro for sale... call or text me if interested at 07037688211
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by farouk2much(m): 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
buhari is always trying to let you people knw that nigeria belong to northerners and notherners only...

2 Likes

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by wink2015(m): 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
nedekid:

It seems they do.
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by TransAtlanticEx(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
onyechez:

it has nothing to do with capitalism, it is an executive order from Federal government, the support from the senate not just the president that bans it. Are you aware Ghana foreign minister came for modalities under the same border closure under the diplomatic treaty between Ghana and Nigeria but was refused?
Are you also aware the president of beniné Republic came to plead but was refused?
Is dangote bigger than Ghana and beniné Republic as a country..
It is the same thing the Ghanaian union of traders was protesting to ban dangote cement from entering due to border closure, destroying Nigerian goods in Ghana due to the border closure..
Have you seen when China closed their borders or bans export to a country but allow a conglomerate in China to export?
This is the same thing politicians steal in Nigeria but because they're big men and women they should be allowed to go free.
Nigeria should separate, it will be good so that they can do as they like in their regions.
Oga it is pure capitalism.
Dangote can say;
Let my goods pass for export or I will sell all my assets and move the funds overseas.
Let me tell you what this will do if you don't know;
Will cause a huge loss of jobs.
Will deplete our foreign reserves and worsen dollar scarcity.
Will impede and flutter our tax revenue and many more.
So in essence,a capitalist like dangote can easily hold our government to ransom.know that.
Buhari refused to open the borders to Ghana because they want to come here and sell their kasapreko trash at the expense of our local breweries which was a smart move.
As for the Nigerians in Ghana,they have no impact to the Nigeria economy,so it will be stupid to sacrifice our industry in exchange for their sovereignty and freedom to do business in Ghana.let them find their way ,they'll be fine.
More like using 100m to safeguard 1m which is really stupid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Whois(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
E no shock me grin

1 Like

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by King44(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
I didn't see anything wrong in blocking the southern border until I realised the northern border was left open for business from the beginning till today, and then Dangote given the chance to conduct business across borders.

I think southern leaders and south western leaders are so dumb... They are stagnating your state and you are quite because it doesn't affect you personally, this is where Tinubu and Sanwo comes to play Sanwo is a muppet

2 Likes

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2020
Harddiskng:

Lol @ job loss in that sector. Joke of the year. Doyou even know over 25 million people are unemployed in Nigeria. How many people is Dangote employing compared to the cumulative number of people in all the companies that were refused this waiver.

Facts and figures. You can see who is biased here lol. By your comments, You are member of the public supporting the Government’s nepotism, favoritism and the further impoverishment of Nigerians through ill begotten policies.

You are worse than a cabinet member in President Buhari's government.
You are very deliberate in ignoring the fact that BUA was offered same waiver and it's a government policy with no external influence. I still don't know how allowing all sort of imports would save our economy.
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by XANDERO85: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2020
YoonSung57:
I'm tired of the Northern, they behave like they own the country
Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details

NEWS FLASH!!!! They DO own the country! shocked
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Jdbrasco2: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
Manab:
oga why blaming de north na haba!!!
Stop the denial. North card got him the waiver. Its never a fair Nigeria.
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Joseph08(m): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
If he's from the East never will they agree.

You shall all reap your doings one after the other..it's already happening cos Bokoharam will continue to torment you people and other negative things.

Animals!
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Nchenches: 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
One Nigeria is forced at the interest of core-northerners.

Dangote alone can now buy all southern Nigeria.

Southern politicians have been blinded by Fulani in one Nigeria, such that they no longer understand that southern Nigeria can thrive, and be better, without the north.
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by hero2000: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
Welcome to Animal Farm by George Orwell.

1 Like

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by IJOBA2: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
Afolabimills:
Some northerners believe Nigeria belongs to them and honestly it's not funny this set of creatures have been weaponised already in place n position of powers all around very sensitive position am so impressed with the endsars protesters the unity that came from it they were shocked that's why they killed sent hoodlums to attack peaceful protesters guess what?it's going to fall right back on them all because Nigeria is greater than any religion tribe or whoever feels Nigeria belongs to them
ABEG WHERE IS HELINUES AND TECM0
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by sojfarm: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
Like DANGOTE is a Federal Ministry Business.

What is the solution War is not solution. Just let us break.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Harddiskng(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2020
uruba23:
You are very deliberate in ignoring the fact that BUA was offered same waiver and it's a government policy with no external influence. I still don't know how allowing all sort of imports would save our economy.

So laws that are meant for all shouldn’t apply to some people yeah?

I hear you.
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Nchenches: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
CNN reaps much of the profits Dangote group makes from the blood of Nigerians.

Every other few minutes on CNN, Dangote group is mentioned as Africa’s giant.

One wonders what profits comes to Dangote by its mere mention on the CNN.

Build road in Nigeria today, Dangote trucks wreck the roads shortly after.

The money Dangote pays CNN for one minute mention of Dangote group on the CNN is enough to build a kilometer of road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Coldie(m): 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Oga it is pure capitalism.
Dangote can say;
Let my goods pass for export or I will sell all my assets and move the funds overseas.
Let me tell you what this will do if you don't know;
Will cause a huge loss of jobs.
Will deplete our foreign reserves and worsen dollar scarcity.
Will impede and flutter our tax revenue and many more.
So in essence,a capitalist like dangote can easily hold our government to ransom.know that.
Buhari refused to open the borders to Ghana because they want to come here and sell their kasapreko trash at the expense of our local breweries which was a smart move.
As for the Nigerians in Ghana,they have no impact to the Nigeria economy,so it will be stupid to sacrifice our industry in exchange for their sovereignty and freedom to do business in Ghana.let them find their way ,they'll be fine.
More like using 100m to safeguard 1m which is really stupid
Truth
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by MajohBankz: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dangote is the most richest favored man in Africa
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Frankody: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2020
nabiz:
because dangote is a northern company as shell is a British company
correction shell is Holland

1 Like

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2020
Harddiskng:

So laws that are might for all shouldn’t apply to some people yeah?

I hear you.

Chief give government your opinion maybe they would listen. Government role is to safeguard Nigerian livelihood not provide jobs for people in foreign lands via import biko let us rest this case for today. Enjoy your day Sir.
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Macphenson: 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2020
uruba23:

First you have your biase for him and I don't know why. Government must have taking the decision to avoid a lose of jobs in that sector but then you made a valid point why not other sectors which I agreed with you but unfortunately I am not a cabinet member in President Buhari's government so I can't say why but I do know it's a publicly quoted company so go mop up some shares.

Since you are not a cabinet member, why's re you hell-bent on defending their folly, foolishness,stupidity and nepotic actions?

Are we to believe your brain was configured to defend foolishness?
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by MRSUCCESS70: 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2020
donbachi:
yet,poverty still dey kill dem.

But When Southerners Was Fighting For #Endsars and End Bad Government They Where Against It.
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Nwaide01: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
It's now day don break for una? All this their useless economic policies are geared toward making him the richest man in Africa. Check out the price of floor before he joined in it's production also check sugar, cement, Rice and now tomato paste as from next year when his refinery will begins operation the price of fuel will be between #200 and #300. With the bulk of it being imported.

1 Like

Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
Macphenson:

Since you are not a cabinet member, why's re you hell-bent on defending their folly, foolishness,stupidity and nepotic actions?

Are we to believe your brain was configured to defend foolishness?
Oga please I can't reply you.Did I tell you I was here to defend the government moreover I am not replying anything on this matter again .
Re: Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' by Princedapace(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
No be today na: the war the Igbos lost, to the average northerner, it was a war lost by the entire southerners!

lol, southerners think sey na Igbo war. That war would have liberated southern Nigeria from the north! Since then, north sees southern Nigeria as a conquered territory.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Soldiers Abandon Masters, Bury Weapons In Forest – Army / Daniel Bwala List Positions Tinubu Should Not Appoint Politicians To Occupy / President Buhari: 'I Am A Very Slow Reader Maybe Because I’m An Ex-soldier'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.